“Left my wife 'all shook up'!”
Review of Graceland

Transportation with Elvis VIP Plus Graceland Admission
Ranked #3 of 155 things to do in Memphis
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Graceland in Memphis, Tennessee, is the home of Elvis Presley, the King of Rock 'n' Roll. Elvis Presley's Graceland is open daily with tours of Graceland Mansion, Elvis’ custom jets and our new entertainment and exhibit complex, Elvis Presley’s Memphis. The new complex includes a new automobile museum, Presley Motors, and Elvis: The Entertainer Career Museum, the world’s largest and most comprehensive Elvis museum in the world, as well as many more exhibits, restaurants and shops. The tour of Graceland Mansion features an interactive, iPad tour with additional enhancements including photos, video and more.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Northampton, England, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Left my wife 'all shook up'!”
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

There was only really one place that we could have spent my wife's 40th birthday and that was Graceland.
We got a cab from our hotel and were there by 10am, VIP passes meant express check-in, VIP shuttle bus to and from the house, access to different areas & exhibitions and re-entry back into the house later in the day.
The staff were brilliant, the house was great, the exhibits were really informative without being too much to take in and visually superb. The eateries on site were, typical diner experiences as you'd expect, my wife had to have Elvis's favourite peanut butter & banana grilled sandwich, just to say she had, the rest of us had cheeseburger meals. Beer's available in all eateries and service was quick.
We were there out of season, but the over friendly security guy, said that even in peak season, they're pretty quite by 1500hrs, which was when we revisited, for one last look around.
Souvenir shops are geared to the exhibit you've just been and to normally bolted on the end in the true 'exit via gift shop, Disney way'. The clothing is of good quality which is refreshing and gifts aren't all tat, although why you'd want Elvis ground coffee escapes me....probably, as highlighted to me by my wife 'BECAUSE IT'S ELVIS'!
Graceland isn't tacky or cheesy, it's just a guys family home, it's not even that big and when you've seen what he had and what he achieved, there were times when we all had lumps in our throats...
The day was made all the better by the weather, sunny & blue skies, maybe the king did it for my wife....who know's, she likes to think so!
All in all it made for a 40th my wife will never forget and that's all our trip to Memphis was about, so thanks Graceland staff (and Elvis)....

2 Thank TCB1511

• Turkish first
Memphis, Tennessee
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Good bang for your buck.”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

My girlfriend and I visited here while down in Memphis. It was one of those "Have to do while you are here sites". We were both surprised how much there was to see and ended up spending a good 3+ hours to see everything. There is more then just the mansion (which by today's standards is rather small). They also have more awards then you can fathom, a display of several of his cars and motorcycles, both of his airplanes, exhibits about Tupelo MS (where he was born) and his family, and his time in Hawaii. Also more Elvis merchandise they you could or would want to possibly buy.

Overall I am glad I went and would recommend the stop, even for those just curious about Elvis. They really have put together a nice package.

Don't let the surrounding area scare you away. It is not the best of areas but the keep Graceland up nice for all the tourists. Park in the lot by the Hawaii Exhibit or the Harley Davidson retail shop. Parking is free and you will end up there anyway to see the Hawaii exhibit, so it will make it nice and easy to leave when you are done.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Jay-L-Gro
Sevierville, Tennessee
68 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Unbelievable”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

From the moment I got out of my car, it was more than I could have imagined. Definately going back. The displays, the stores, all unbelievable. Still love and miss Elvis.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank LeeL003
Wales
71 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Everything we hoped it would be!”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Couldn't come to Memphis and not visit Graceland. My friend and i weren't hardcore Elvis fans when we arrived but by the time we left, we'd developed a whole new appreciation for the man, the music and the legacy he left behind. Found a coupon on the website allowing us to do the deluxe tour for the same price of the standard tour of the house which i'd thoroughly recommend doing- includes the car museum which was great, the planes as well as a number of smaller cultural exhibits including the comeback special. Food prices are what you'd expect at a big attraction but the diner on site was still fairly decent both taste and price wise. The tour is audio-guided and so you can spend as long as you wish going through the mansion, the grounds and take in the spectacle that is the famous Graceland mansion. A great day out for hardcore Elvis fans and general music fans alike,

Visited November 2012
2 Thank MissWelshBackpacker
Dallas, Texas
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Don't Go To Memphis and Not Go To Graceland”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

This is the place to go in Memphis. Whether you are an Elvis fan or not, you need to see this part of American Music History. I knew that Elvis was good, but now I realize just how good. His awards, philanthropy, and humanitarian efforts are a tribute to Elvis the man and Elvis the performer.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank MikeMNM

Been to Graceland? Share your experiences!