“I'm going to Graceland, Graceland, Memphis Tennessee...”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Graceland

and up
Elvis Presley's Graceland Self-Guided Tour With Transportation
Ranked #3 of 151 things to do in Memphis
More attraction details
Owner description: Graceland in Memphis, Tennessee, is the home of Elvis Presley, the King of Rock 'n' Roll. Elvis Presley's Graceland is open daily with tours of Graceland Mansion, Elvis’ custom jets and our new entertainment and exhibit complex, Elvis Presley’s Memphis. The new complex includes a new automobile museum, Presley Motors, and Elvis: The Entertainer Career Museum, the world’s largest and most comprehensive Elvis museum in the world, as well as many more exhibits, restaurants and shops. The tour of Graceland Mansion features an interactive, iPad tour with additional enhancements including photos, video and more.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Galway, Ireland
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“I'm going to Graceland, Graceland, Memphis Tennessee...”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

As the Paul Simon song says, for reasons I cannot explain there's some part of me wants to see Graceland...

I have never been that big of an Elvis fan, but I have always wanted to see Graceland. I was expecting a sort of Elvis Disneyland, something incredibly tacky, and instead I got quite a lovely momument to Elvis in the house...and the rest some well organised tack.

The tour involves Elvis' house, several exhibitions about various aspects of his life, including his cars, movies and the 1968 comback special. The tacky aspect is the several diners and the 11 (I asked) gift shops. However, this is to be expected at an attraction like this. Some of the other people in my group found it a little disrespectful that the graves are on show, but I felt that this is done for many famous people around the world such as JFK and Lenin and it's generally done as a mark of respect. There is a real sense of the man rather than the icon and the staff are to be commended as they are (as well as very friendly and helpful) very concientious about making sure people are respectful of his life. The various exhibits are really informative and cover all of Elvis' career. There isn't a lot a lot about the early days, but if you're in Memphis already, a visit to Sun Studios is also and must and fills in any gaps.

I went as part of an organised tour and so parking wasn't an issue for me, but if you are bringing a car, be aware the area isn't the best, so lock up well!
A definite must for all Elvis fans, an in depth portrayal of his life. It's a self-guided audio tour so you can take your time and if you don't arrive an Elvis fan, you'll leave one!

Visited November 2012

• Turkish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“AMAZING! FANTASTIC! WONDERFUL! EMOTIONAL!”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

WOW! I was blown away by this beautiful home of Elvis. I was not prepared for how emotional I would be either (from the start of the visit til the finish!). To be able to visit the grave was a real privelage too and I'll NEVER forget it as long as I live. For any Elvis fan it is a MUST! Some of it was not to my taste (jungle room!) but most of it was extremely tasteful and wouldn't look out of place in any home today (cream couches, bedrooms etc). To see his jumpsuits, aeroplanes, gold discs etc was fantastic and as long as I live, nothing will top this absolute treat to Graceland! Long Live the KING!

Visited December 2012
3 Thank SuperPinny
Beloit, Wisconsin
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Try to ignore the tacky aspect and travel back in time!”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Paying to park, then standing in line to be driven across the highway to Graceland all falls into the background of commercial schlock when you just relax, listen to the audio tour, take your time, replay parts if you are not close enough to the room to see what is being described and just enjoy the amazing Elvis experience. If you are not an Elvis fan don't bother adding to the grumbling-just stay home. This is for those whose life was enriched by the talent and legacy of Elvis.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank jhelena2014
Sydney, Australia
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Got to go to Graceland”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We really enjoyed our tour of Graceland although it made us all pretty sad. Seeing it first hand you appreciate the great lifestyle he had there, every toy a boy could want, a beautifully decorated home and yet none of it was enough. The tour is a self-guided audio tour which takes us through the spectacular home, outbuildings, past the graves of Elvis and his immediate family..... Included in the tour are the cars and his two planes, lots of costumes and awards. Loved his wedding suit. Although not Elvis fans, we were moved and saddened and really gained an appreciation for his music and life. Highly recommended.

Visited April 2012
Saint Paul, Minnesota
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Is a "must do" thang.”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I really have fought the urge to go to Graceland but was in the area and decided to take the tour. I think it is well worth the time and effort. I learned a great deal about Elvis and his life. The tour is a well run machine. I didn't get into any of the paraphernalia offered. I would suggest the Platinum tour.

Visited January 2013

Been to Graceland? Share your experiences!