“It's the Elvis thing!!”

Transportation with Elvis VIP Plus Graceland Admission
Ranked #3 of 159 things to do in Memphis
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Graceland in Memphis, Tennessee, is the home of Elvis Presley, the King of Rock 'n' Roll. Elvis Presley's Graceland is open daily with tours of Graceland Mansion, Elvis’ custom jets and our new entertainment and exhibit complex, Elvis Presley’s Memphis. The new complex includes a new automobile museum, Presley Motors, and Elvis: The Entertainer Career Museum, the world’s largest and most comprehensive Elvis museum in the world, as well as many more exhibits, restaurants and shops. The tour of Graceland Mansion features an interactive, iPad tour with additional enhancements including photos, video and more.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Yes, it is a tourist trap, yes, it is expensive! But seriously what do you expect? Seeing Graceland has never been on my list of things I had to do, but I'm glad we went. We went during the off season, which is how we try to see most things, so there were no huge lines to wait in, etc. We were in Memphis for work, and decided to check it out. I grew up listening to Elvis and I liked him, but I was not a die hard fan. His life story is interesting, it is a rags to riches story. It's too bad that he was exploited and used in life, and still is in death. It's always about the almighty dollar no matter what, and this is no exception. You have to step back in time to appreciate the house, and what he paid for it way back in 1957. If you are expecting an elaborate mansion, you will be disappointed, but for that time period it was a mansion. We enjoyed the tour and what we learned about Elvis and his family.

ElvisPresleyEntp, Guest Relations Manager at Graceland, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Hootmouse,

Thank you, Thank you very much! We are so glad you decided to stop by Graceland while you were in Memphis for work. Elvis' story is certainly a learning experience and we are happy to hear that you had a pleasant experience. We appreciate your feedback and hope you will visit again soon! If you have any questions or concerns, please email us at graceland@elvis.com.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

It was nice to drive by and to see the place where Elvis had; but the cost to tour was just too much for my family and I to we continued on

1  Thank Awonderfulday

Awonderfulday,

We appreciate your feedback and hope you will visit us soon! If you have any questions or concerns, please email us at graceland@elvis.com.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

My husband and I went to Graceland with an 8 year old and it was an experience for all ages to enjoy. She loved seeing the airplane and the mansion. We gave her a budget to buy one souvenir and there was a wide selection of items to choose from. My husband could have spent hours in the car museum. After being an Elvis fan since I was a little kid, it was neat to finally see Graceland and all of the memories it held. A must see if you are in the Memphis area.

Sandra M,

Thank you, Thank you very much! We are so glad your tour was an experience your entire family enjoyed. We appreciate your feedback and hope you will visit again soon! If you have any questions or concerns, please email us at graceland@elvis.com.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

If you think that paying $33 (not including the $10 for parking) for a tour of a small house with horrid decor in the middle of a ghetto is a good deal, this might be for you. This was my first time to Memphis and I figured that I had to see Graceland. I mean, you have to, right? Wrong. I have no idea where the hype comes from. My four bedroom house in Ohio is bigger (and nicer) than this place. If it cost $5 it might be worth a stop just to say you did it. But $33? Really? Where does that money go? I was done with the tour in - not joking - 20 minutes. Save yourself the money, ask one of the people living in the shacks next door (it is not a huge mansion in the country; it is a shoddy house surrounded by other even more shoddy houses) if you can take pictures from their backyard. If Jesus H Christ had lived here it still wouldn't be worth more than $5 to see. Save your time and money. Drive by and get a picture to say you have been; there is not much more to see once inside.

16  Thank Debo3osu

Debo3osu,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We absolutely value your concerns and we would greatly appreciate any additional feedback you could provide to help us remedy your experience. For more information or to contact us direct, please email graceland@elvis.com.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Very well organised and so much to see!

Audio description is given on personal headsets so the tour can be taken at your own pace.

A must see if in Memphis!

1  Thank Jenny E

Jenny E,

Thank you, Thank you very much! We are glad you enjoyed the audio-guided tour and you had a pleasant experience! We appreciate your feedback and hope you will visit again soon! If you have any questions or concerns, please email us at graceland@elvis.com.

Been to Graceland? Share your experiences!