“Everyone should see it once!”
Review of Graceland

Elvis Presley's Graceland Tour
Ranked #1 of 161 things to do in Memphis
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Graceland in Memphis, Tennessee, is the home of Elvis Presley, the King of Rock 'n' Roll. Elvis Presley's Graceland is open daily with tours of Graceland Mansion, Elvis’ custom jets and our new entertainment and exhibit complex, Elvis Presley’s Memphis. The new complex includes a new automobile museum, Presley Motors, and Elvis: The Entertainer Career Museum, the world’s largest and most comprehensive Elvis museum in the world, as well as many more exhibits, restaurants and shops. The tour of Graceland Mansion features an interactive, iPad tour with additional enhancements including photos, video and more.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Very Interesting. Even though it was extremely busy the day we went, it was very organized. The recordings we listened to during the tour was pretty helpful.

1  Thank DRSBuckingham_IA
Write a ReviewReviews (15,238)
All reviews
in 634 reviews
"love elvis"
in 181 reviews

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Don't get me wrong, the site is pretty neat and actual estate is a historical and cultural goldmine of artifacts not only from EP's life, but of the respective periods of US history. The entire compound, including the estate, is pretty big. The living quarters is actually quite average per today's "mansion" standards, but it's nice. The top floor is closed to the public.

If you go, try to go during off-seasons and during the week when, and esp. when there are no major events/conventions in town. You'll have more room and time to maneuver.

Unless you're into cars, planes, memorabilia, his costumes, and documentaries on his '68 and '72 tours, I'd recommend not wasting the extra time or money for Platinum or higher tickets.

What did wow me were his awards/trophy halls, rooms, and buildings. I just didn't realize how many hits and awards he had. I'd suggest going to Sun Studio first to see where it all began, and if you have time to his boyhood home in Tupelo.

1  Thank publius358
Reviewed January 5, 2013

It had been over 25 yrs. since I had been to Graceland, and my wife had never been. They had soooo much more to see than yrs ago. It was an amazing experience!! We are Elvis fans and have much respect for Elvis as an entertainer and humanitarian. I thought the price was high to begin with but after the tour I thought it was worth it! You can look online and get 4 dollars off ticket which worked out to 66 for 2 platinum tickets. We got to see the airplanes with that as well and a couple of more things too. If you want to see a special place, take this tour. If you`re not a huge fan at the beginning, you may be at the end! I recommend the platinum tour.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

I had a 2 hour layover in Memphis and knew I couldn't miss the home of the King while I was there. I managed to grab a taxi from the Greyhound station to Graceland around 8:00 and waited around for the tour to start. I was worried I wouldn't have enough time to give it the respect and adulation I feel it deserved but I shouldn't have worried.

I took the tour around Graceland, going at my own speed with the audio commentary, which gave it a nice touch. You didn't Have to stay in every room and listen to everything about it ever, but if you were interested in learning more about certain things you were given that option too.

I managed to walk through the entire house and grounds in 45 minutes. I didn't have time for the car and Aircraft museum but Graceland was the main reason I went.

Seeing the places the King called his home, the rooms he spent his life in and finally where he was buried was an amazing experience for any person, die hard fan or not. His contributions to the music industry and the development of alternatives forms of music is undeniable.

I really enjoyed my time in Graceland and would love to return one day to take more of a leisurely walk through.