“A trip back in time...”
Review of Graceland

Transportation with Elvis VIP Plus Graceland Admission
Ranked #3 of 161 things to do in Memphis
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Graceland in Memphis, Tennessee, is the home of Elvis Presley, the King of Rock 'n' Roll. Elvis Presley's Graceland is open daily with tours of Graceland Mansion, Elvis’ custom jets and our new entertainment and exhibit complex, Elvis Presley’s Memphis. The new complex includes a new automobile museum, Presley Motors, and Elvis: The Entertainer Career Museum, the world’s largest and most comprehensive Elvis museum in the world, as well as many more exhibits, restaurants and shops. The tour of Graceland Mansion features an interactive, iPad tour with additional enhancements including photos, video and more.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Never was the biggest Elvis fan when I was a kid, but grew to respect him more and more as we both aged. I was a radio DJ for 30+ years and saw the King on several occasions and watched his performances in "awe". I always promised myself I would get to Graceland and finally my wife and I went there recently. If you are and Elvis fan, this is a must! By going to each exhibit you will learn all about Elvis and why he loved Graceland so much. I had heard some people call the place tacky, and it was not in the least. I was like stepping back to the early 70's in every way. I only wish much of the area was lit a little brighter...I sure there is a reason for that, but you will get to see his furnishings, take a camera that takes good pix in low light situations, no flash photo's are allowed. You get a set of headphones to guide you thru the home, and in some areas it seems to rush you. But just take you time, you can control what you are hearing by switching the unit back to any exhibit once again. You'll especially want to spend some extra time in the gardens where Elvis and his family are buried. There are many exhibits to see that are stretched around the area, including Elvis' jets. You have a lot of walking to do so be prepared for that. My wife and I seemed to fall in love with the place as soon as we got there, with the surroundings and a very peaceful feeling. It's almost like you could feel the love that the King had for Graceland. It's worth your time and money, we stayed at the Heartbreak Hotel still decorated in the 50's and 60's style!

Write a ReviewReviews (14,597)

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I'm not a big elvis person but it was really cool to see how he lived and his various collections. The tour is a self guided audio tour, so you can spend as long or as little in the various rooms in the house and around the property.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This place is like a secular Mecca to the ghost of Elvis. Grounds around the house are so tacky with vender's selling everthing Elvis, including the velvet portraits that it's almost comical. One thing that struck me the most is how small the mansion is. And it's not on a particularly large plot of land. It's not like the mansion in "Gone with the Wind". The famed jungle room is so gaudy and tastless that it's enough to make you puke but it is cool in its own sort of way.
This may have changed since I was there, but if they haven't plan on spending an afternoon there. Most of that time will be waiting for your time to enter the mansion grounds and the house. They have it pretty well organize but there is such a mob of devotees there that you'll have to wait for the time on your ticket to get in.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was amazed at the amount of people employed here. Everyone was friendly and helpful. The house gives you and incite into who Elvis really was. A poor man who loved his home and who loved people!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

For the price, the tour is great. We bought the $36 tickets and got to go through the car museum as well as both of his airplanes. Was disappointed that we didn't get to go upstairs but it was amazing to see the pool table room and the memorabilia rooms.

1  Thank Jessica S

Been to Graceland? Share your experiences!