“Fulfilled a Life Time Dream”
Review of Graceland

Transportation with Elvis VIP Plus Graceland Admission
Ranked #3 of 161 things to do in Memphis
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Graceland in Memphis, Tennessee, is the home of Elvis Presley, the King of Rock 'n' Roll. Elvis Presley's Graceland is open daily with tours of Graceland Mansion, Elvis’ custom jets and our new entertainment and exhibit complex, Elvis Presley’s Memphis. The new complex includes a new automobile museum, Presley Motors, and Elvis: The Entertainer Career Museum, the world’s largest and most comprehensive Elvis museum in the world, as well as many more exhibits, restaurants and shops. The tour of Graceland Mansion features an interactive, iPad tour with additional enhancements including photos, video and more.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Born in the early 1950's I remember all the hoopla over Elvis Presley and his music. I remember that after seeing Elvis on TV I wanted to learn how to play guitar. By 1967 I was playing the guitar and although I was "into" folk rock by then I never lost my appreciation of Elvis's music. I saw his 1968 TV "Comeback Special" and as a result talked my rock band into incorporating some of Elvis' classics into our sets.

When Elvis died, I like many other fans, wanted to make a "pilgrimage" to Graceland. That didn't happen until October 27, 2012. I got to Graceland minutes before it opened and got a ticket for the first Mansion Tour of the day. The actual mansion was smaller than I had imagined but it does include the Billiard Room, the TV room and the legendary Jungle Room. It's a tight squeeze with a couple of tour groups in the Mansion at one time but people are pretty good about moving along. You can take still pictures without flash but you cannot taking moving pictures.

SOme of the other buildings on the Mansion grounds now contain displays and memorabilia that is all well worth seeing. Most of Elvis' platinum and gold records, Grammys and other awards are well displayed. You can also see the costumes he wore in his movies, the clothes he a Priscilla wore for their wedding as well as the "jumpsuits" that he favored for his Las Vegas Act.

My time was limited that day as I was flying home so there are somethings I didn't get to see but I'm glad I got to see the mansion and the surrounding property including the barns and the horses. Parking and entry can be a little pricey ($10.00 for parking and nearly $30.00 with a AAA discount) but for a ture Elvis fan it is worth the price of admission. Also you can't beat all the Elvis music you hear when on the property.

Write a ReviewReviews (14,596)

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Have been wanting to visit Graceland or my life. This was certainly a highlight to my trip you can actually feel his presence! Make sure you check out his planes and cars! Awesome experience. Not sure whether I would pay the extra $35 for VIP ticket I guess it depends on what time of year you go.

Make sure you get there right on opening - you need a good three to four hours to get through it all

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Gracelands is a lovely house not brash like I imagined.Everything there is all the original things that Elvis owned.Seeing Elvis's grave along with his Mother, father and Grandmother plus a memorial for his twin brother was an emotional experience

1  Thank joy361
Reviewed October 31, 2012

from entering graceland mansion their is such an ora about the mansion very well organised audio equipment gives all the information that you need take the top tour and you can visit as many times in that day to take it in properly revisit 100% guaranteed pleasure

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Visiting the home of this American icon is like being transported back in time to 1977, as everything in this house is as it was 35 years ago. If nothing else it's like going to a very good 1970's museum. The tour of the house is well organized and with the individual audio guide you don't miss much. I made our reservations and tour time online, so when we arrived I went strait to the will call window and got our tickets in 3 minutes. Doing it that way saved a lot of time, because there were about 100 people in line buying tour tickets when we got there.

2  Thank Michael D

Been to Graceland? Share your experiences!