“Good Value”

Ranked #6 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Nixa, Missouri
“Good Value”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Clean, comfortable king corner room. The breakfast was good - not 5 star, but it had hot items and plenty of cereal and muffins. The elevators worked fine - we were on the 15th floor. Parking was free for us - we found a coupon for free parking on the tripadvisor site. It's underground parking, and the hotel elevator goes right down into the garage.

The best part about this hotel is the location. We walked to Beale street, and all along the river. We also rode the trolleys - a day pass is 3.50. A single ride is $1. Other hotels in this area are much more expensive, even double the price.

I'm glad we picked this hotel for our short vacation.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Hebrew first
Moon Township, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I travel for business and usually stay in Comfort Inns. This Comfort Inn is the best of the best. The staff treats me like a member of the family. They always address me by name and the rooms are modern and wlll kept. The breakfast is the best of any I have had, served by a very nice woman who cares if you enjoy it. The front desk people always greet me with a smile and are available to assist in any way necessary. I love this hotel!!!!! The rooms are always very clean and comfortable. There is always coffee, and cookies available in the lobby.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view, you can watch the towboats moving up and down the mighty Mississippi.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
South Porcupine, Canada
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Our room was clean and comfortable and had a great view of the river. The staff were friendly and extremely helpful. The breakfast was good, and it was great to have coffee, tea and hot chocolate available during the day! Great location, perfect walking distant to Beale Street, the Trolley stop is just around the corner. Our last day there, we crossed the road to the park and walked along the shore of the Mississippi River. If I travel to Memphis again, I will for sure be staying here

Room Tip: Request a river view room.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

A nice hotel in a good location to beale street (10 - 15 min walk if you dont have a car). The rooms are big, clean and comfortable. I would say value for money is good, however I do not agree with the parking fee at $8 per day. Parking should be free. Their breakfast is great, best I have had at a hotel.

Their elevators are a little old and can be temperamental.

Staff are very nice and friendly. The only issue I had is that on numerous occasions I would hear them talking amongst each other about how they did like working here, and the low rate of pay. Sorry to them for posting this, but as a customer this is not what you want to hear. A few other things, I witnessed one staff member bumming cigarettes off customers, etc, but it's nothing major, just not what you except from a hotel that charges the amount they do.

• Stayed February 2013
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed February 2, 2013

The Comfort Inn downtown Memphis was recommended to me by a tourism office out near Graceland. I was very happy with my stay at this hotel. They were very friendly, accommodating and they also had a wonderful and plentiful continental breakfast. I would definitely stay again if ever in Memphis.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Robert S
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

This is by far the nicest Comfort Inn I have ever stayed at. The staff is extremely nice. The breakfast is average. The lobby is not much to write home about but I don't stay at hotels for the atmosphere in the lobby. The rooms are relatively nice and very clean. The rooms would be more like rooms in a Wyndham Hotel or Hampton Inn. If you were in the downtown area of Memphis I would highly recommend this hotel. It's very close to Rendezvous Ribs by the way which is a big plus. Most times I've stayed there I've had a few of the Mississippi River. And also the Peabody Hotel is it within walking distance.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank JeffStansberry
Affton, Missouri, United States
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We spent two nights here and loved it. Christie at the front desk was soooo nice and made us feel welcome. The room was great. (larger king room with city view) The breakfast was wonderful too...better than denny's. lol

Room Tip: Larger king room is a nice size.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple