What I liked:
1. The staff was friendly.
2. The room was clean and a flat-screen TV with a lot of channels. I just wish they had Versus so I could have watched the NHL playoffs.
3. The hotel was well maintained in spite of it being an older building.
4. The parking charge was reasonable. Eight dollars a day for downtown anywhere is not bad.
5. That was the best continental breakfast I've ever had in terms of the selection of items available. I addition to the standard continental breakfast items, they had biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, bacon, and waffles. All for the unbeatable price of $0.
6. The hotel is well situated. Beale St., Union Ave., and the FedEx Forum are within walking distance.
What I didn't like:
Seriously, nothing. The comment about Versus is the most negative thing I can say.
I've stayed in quite a few hotels before, and with the exception of Disney resorts, which I place in a class by themselves, I would say that this is one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in in terms of overall experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- High rise w/outdoor rooftop pool, covered parking, fitness centre - Downtown overlooking Mississippi River ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelsClick, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Inn Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Downtown Hotel Memphis
- Comfort Inn Memphis
- Memphis Comfort Inn