“Convienent location”

Ranked #47 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
NJ
“Convienent location”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

The rooms were not as large as some of the other Sheratons we have stayed in. This hotel is in a good location for sightseeing around Memphis. It is a clean hotel with a good, friendly staff. The staff was very helpful and accommodating.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank OldBridgeTraveler
VincentHanna, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Memphis East, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thanks, OldBridgeTraveler, for taking the time to post your review!
It sounds like we were able to get the important things right for your stay. We enjoy and appreciate receiving your feedback. And we hope you will give us the opportunity to host you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed August 12, 2012

A couple of my friends came to town for the weekend,and they booked rooms at this hotel for 3 nights...I was surprised at how nice this place was,very clean,neat rooms,clean spacious bathrooms,clean carpet.Beware of the elevators downstairs I walked up to them not knowing that they had a glass like finished it was so clean and shiny I thought someone was looking at me and it was only my reflection,lol...from what I saw this is a nice place.

Room Tip: This hotel would be a great choice,it's one of the cleanest I've seen in the Memphis area an...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank CodeNameAgentBlue
VincentHanna, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Memphis East, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Thanks, TwHitmaker!
I'm glad you and your guests were pleased with our accommodations. Our housekeeping staff does take pride in what they do! Yes, the mirrored elevator doors have been known to be a surprise...but, hopefully like the rest of your experience, a pleasant one. I hope the next time we see you, you will be a bit less surprised, but no less delighted.
Thanks again!
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I loved this hotel. The location in Memphis is a little awkward to get to - it's right off an on ramp, but once you get the hang of it it's not a big deal. Definitely a little far from downtown.
My husband and I stayed for a long weekend - Thursday-Monday for his brother's wedding. We ended up staying there because they booked us a smoking room at the Holiday Inn Express downtown and it was nasty. This hotel is completely smoke free.
The lobby is really cute and everything felt brand new, clean, contemporary and fresh. The room was really nice. Very comfortable beds and pillows. The bathroom was spacious and linens nice.
They also brought you free bottled water everyday they cleaned.
The staff wasn't overly friendly, but also not rude. Just a more business transaction feel.
I was so thankful we found this hotel and will definitely be staying in a 4 Points again soon.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Foodie1278
VincentHanna, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Memphis East, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Hi Foodie1278!
It pleases us to no end that we made enough of an impression on you that you not only decided to stay at another of our hotels, but also that you took the time to write a review about ours! I do agree, the first time coming to the property, especially if you're tired or harried, can throw you off if you don't know what you're looking for. We really do wish we could do more about it. But, as you mentioned, most of our guests get the hang of it fairly quickly after they see it and drive it. Thanks for your complimentary remarks about our decor! And I will have a talk with our staff -- I think your stay would have been even better if the time you spent with them was less "transaction" and more "interaction" -- which is what we strive for. Thanks again!
Maryland
Reviewed July 15, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for a wedding. It's a nice hotel and the staff is very friendly. Rooms are spacious and the bathrooms are a good size too. My only issue with this hotel is that it is a bit tricky to fine. We rented a car and drove from the airport. We actually got lost twice before finding the hotel. The worst part about that is that we could see the hotel, we just couldn't figure out how to get to it! Obviously there's nothing to be done about that, but once we actually got there we had a pleasant stay. The restaurant right in front of the hotel (in the parking lot) is a great place to have drinks. Great atmosphere! Overall we had a very pleasant stay!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gadawggal
VincentHanna, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Memphis East, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
GaDawgGal,
I’m so sorry we were difficult to find! Yes, we are situated conveniently just off interstate 240, but Poplar Ave does split right here. So, its eastbound traffic is on one side of us and the westbound traffic is on our other side. We’re kind of in the middle of a giant median! But I am glad that once you were able to get to us you enjoyed your time with us. We agree – the River Oaks restaurant does have a great atmosphere, and the food is wonderful as well. They do a great job with our room service and with our complimentary Best Brew and Gold Member Welcome drinks at check-in. Thanks so much for the review, and we hope we have you back soon!
New York
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I stayed at Four Points Sheraton in July 2012 while on a 2 night business trip. There are better hotels in the area, but some of them were sold out and this one was conveniently located.

It's not a bad choice. I think it deserves 3.5 stars.

"Pluses"
+ clean!!!
+ spacious room
+ decent gym
+ comfy bed
+ free wi-fi & free usage of computer in the lobby
+ good service provided by the ladies at the reception desk
+ full breakfast with made-to-order omelets is just right
+ free shuttle
+ lobby is modern and nice

"Negatives"
- rooms are a bit noisy, when facing the highway & air conditioner is somewhat noisy
- no luxury here
- bathrooms are quite tiny

If you're not looking for anything posh, but want a clean comfy accommodation, then this would be the right place.

Make sure to take advantage of the free shuttle, which can take you to the airport or to some of the places in the area, if you're not renting a car.

Room Tip: Try asking for a room facing away from the highway
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank NewYorkIvy
Thanks, NewYorkIvy! I'm glad you connected with our Four Points DNA on your recent stay with us. Our aim is to do the essentials and do them extremely well. You're right -- we're not a luxury brand, so you won't find a spa, valet parking, or a full bell-staff. But, free bottled water, free wireless internet, free shuttle, a fitness center with plenty of weight machines, cardio machines, and free weights, a hearty breakfast, comfy, clean rooms, and good service are all things we think we can be proud of! We're glad you chose to stay with us and hope you choose to again!
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I made the reservation for this hotel through calling Sheraton's reservation hotline. This was my first time staying at a Four Points, and I thought the rate was decent. Driving to the hotel from the highway was not simple. I arrived after a 4hr drive frazzled, not to mention it was one of the hottest days in the South (102 degrees). However, upon arrival, the clerk at the counter was very nice. She was a trooper seeing that it was a large number of kids in the hotel for some event and the lobby felt like it was 98 degrees in itself. Check in took only a few minutes.
My room overlooked the pool, which many people took advantage of into the night. The walls and windows are thin, but the noise wasn't a big deal to me. The kids had a blast in the pool that night. I was glad to see the fridge, but disappointed to see there was no microwave. The bed is super, super comfortable. Matter of fact, a friend who had been staying at a Ramada since Thursday, decided to spend the night at my hotel that night because of the bed.
One issue i had: I forgot to ask the customer service rep on the phone was this a pet friendly hotel, because i'm almost sure the little black hairs i saw sporadically in the bathroom belonged to a dog or cat.
Also, the hot water handle on the sink became loose while i was there. Other than that, I had no problems.
Overall, this was a very nice hotel for the price. As others mentioned, there was free parking and wi-fi. I don't know if it was because I used the wi-fi on my phone, but every time i clicked on my browser, I had to get past the screen that have you accepting the terms and conditions--each and every time i opened my browser.

Room Tip: I was on the 3rd floor with a pool view. I heard the kids chanting each other's names playing i...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Tawnyday
, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Memphis East, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Hi Tawnyday! I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay despite the challenges that come along with a hotel hosting AAU youth baseball teams. Yes, we do consider our Four Comforts beds to be the centerpiece of our guest rooms. It's great your friend got to enjoy one as well. We do provide a guest use microwave in our breakfast room. And, although we are not a pet friendly hotel, that does not always prevent guests from sneaking a furry friend in every now and again. I do apologize for those inconveniences. But, overall, we are all happy that you had a nice stay with us, and we look forward to seeing you again! Thanks for the review.
Ypsilanti, Michigan
Reviewed June 19, 2012

This is my second stay at the Four Points Memphis East. The hotel has made many improvements since my last visit. My room was clean the bed was comfortable, plenty of towels, a fridge, and fast Wi-Fi. The breakfast was pretty good and a good value. Great customer service, especially the breakfast attendant working on the morning of Monday, June 18, 2012….It was a very busy morning; she kept a smile and provided great service. Good Job Four Points Memphis East.

A Happy Platinum

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Dlclay1
, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Memphis East, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Dlclay, I am so glad to hear, particularly from you as a Platinum member, that you feel we are doing a good job taking care of you! I will definitely pass your feedback on to Ms. Jackie from breakfast. It means a lot to us when guests return to stay with us and we definitely do our best not to disappoint your trust. Thanks letting us know how we're doing. We can't wait to have you back!