“Great hotel, clean, friendly staff, great location”

Four Points by Sheraton Memphis East
Ranked #49 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Broomfield, Colorado
“Great hotel, clean, friendly staff, great location”
Reviewed August 17, 2011

If you are looking for a great place to stay in East Memphis, Sheraton Four Points is a great choice. My wife and I stayed for 3 nights while in town for a wedding. The trip was last minute so we were looking for a good rate and we got the best rate there. The majority of the wedding guests stay across the street at the Staybridge and I would have to say from what I saw the Sheraton Four Points was nicer.

Room Tip: Hotwire was where we found our deal. You don't know the exact hotel, but you can usually figure...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Wylie, Texas
Reviewed August 14, 2011

The tripadvisor summary says there is a continental breakfast - there is none but a $10/person buffet. Also a crib cost $10/night. Other than that it was a great place - nicely updated, comfy pillows and beds, vry clean, good service etc. Also I booked thru priceline and got the roomfor $89 instead of the $99 quoted at front desk. Good night stay!

• Stayed August 2011
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed August 8, 2011

Talking with the desk clerk, it appears this has only been a Four Points by Sheraton for about 6 months. The staff was friendly, and the room was large and comfortable and generally passed for a Sheraton "light" as I call Four Point locations. It looks like it still needs some touchups though. The elevator had some obvious dings and older carpet that was worn. Our room door also was pretty banged up. The shower took a lot of effort to get hot water at a good temperature but it could be done. For at least $85 a night, it needs some more work to be fully justified at this price point, especially without a free breakfast (their breakfast buffet was $10 a person). But, the location was good (right off the interstate and a few blocks from Corky's must have BBQ), but the downside was a lot of road noise. I would stay here again, but only if I paid at or below what I did. Anymore and I can stay downtown for the same price and get better amenities.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Wilmette, Illinois
Reviewed August 7, 2011

This hotel was really exceptional. The staff made a very strong effort to care for their guests. The rooms were very nice, clean, and modern. My stay was well worth the price that I was charged. I will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
New York
Reviewed August 5, 2011

I am a member of the Starwood hotels preferred guest program so I used my points to stay at this hotel for free for 2 nights. If I had paid money for my stay I would have been asking for it back. Reading in the reviews that this hotel had just recently gone under renovation I was expecting a clean and fresh hotel with new rugs, decor and fictures. This was not the case. Although the lobby looked to have updated decor the rest of the hotel did not have the same appearance. Our room was stuffy and although it appeared to be tidy it certainly was not clean. The bedding didn't smell or look fresh and the bathroom wash pretty pitiful. I would say the bathroom might have been wiped down at best. The shower did not work and the space in the bathroom was very small. If you tried to open the door while you were in the bathroom there was pretty much no space at all. The pool was dirty and cloudy and right on top of the parking lot which could explain why I hardly saw anyone in it during our stay. The air-conditioner in the room was one of the loudest I have ever heard and it woke me up every time it turned on, I should note that I am not a light sleeper at all.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
VincentHanna, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Memphis East, responded to this review, August 9, 2011
Hi Patricia999,

Thanks for taking the time to write your review. As a Starwood Preferred Guest I'm sure you understand how much we Starwood Hotels appreciate our guests letting us know how their experience compared to their expectations and giving us the opportunity to exceed them, or, when that is not possible, to make up the difference.

It sounds as if your experience of our hotel's physical attributes was not what you expected. Please know that this is as much a shock to us as it is to you, and that we are very sorry that our property was not what you desired.

All of our guest areas - our lobby, our guest rooms, our fitness center, our hallways, our pool, our breakfast cafe, and even entryways were all completely replaced for our opening as a Four Points in February this year. We have taken great pride in our renovation and have put a lot of energy into maintaining our new look.

That's why we take special care to first listen very carefully to our guests concerns and let them point out exactly where they notice room for improvement. I encourage you to please contact us privately at let us know what features of the hotel were in need of attention so that we can address them immediately. We're here everyday, so, unfortunately, we may not have noticed them with the fresh eyes you bring to the situation.

We have experienced, like most of the country, abnormally high heat and humidity this season, so your feedback about the stuffiness of the room is certainly understandable. Thanks to you and others who have communicated the issue to us, we recently have been able to better comfort our guests by adjusting our energy policy and keeping the a/c on at moderate cool in our unoccupied rooms before check-in so others don't run into the same problem.

Our bathrooms are not the largest, unfortunately, and this is one part of the physical footprint of the property that we do not have much leeway to improve without erecting an entirely new building. Most of our guests find the space adequate however, and we do make the endeavor to make the rest of our guests' experience with us memorable enough that their time in the bathroom wasn't what made the biggest impression on them. :) Again, I'm sorry we fell short for you here, Patricia.

Cleanliness is another aspect that we take quite seriously here at the hotel. Given the timing of your post, I can only assume you stayed with us during July, which delivered an unexpected number of people per room to us in the form of youth sports teams. I know many of our departments, including housekeeping and maintenance, were at times overwhelmed, so again, i encourage you to please contact us directly and let us know specifically what you saw in the bathrooms so that we can point it out to our staff and make sure it is not missed again.

Patricia, we do appreciate your feedback and again are very sorry your stay with us was not what you expected. We do look forward to hearing from you soon, though!

Thanks.
Texas
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Given room with unclean bathroom. Urine on wall. Unknown orange and yellow (probably urine) around base of toilet. Head of Housekeeping said the yellow stains on the wall was glue; however it wiped off so it was obviously urine and not glue stains from a recent remodeling. Said the stains around the toilet was cleaning solution, oh please! You still can wipe up cleaning solution. Hotel Mgr. offered us a free breakfast; however if they can't clean the bathrooms in the guest rooms then why would I eat there too? No telling what the kitchen looks like. Upon checking in to hotel, another guest was complaining because they checked her into a room that had not been cleaned; I guess uncleaniness is the norm at this hote. I'd suggest going elsewhere.

Room Tip: Inspect your room!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank lvsTexas
Reviewed June 19, 2011

This location very recently underwent extensive renovations and became a Four Points. The decor is beautiful and the beds are amazing-- far better than those at any other Memphis hotel I've ever been to. High speed Internet access was flawless, front desk staff very welcoming, and location, right off the interstate in East Memphis, perfect! I won't be staying anywhere else in Memphis as long as this hotel is around!

• Stayed May 2011