“Alright hotel for price.”

Days Inn & Suites Memphis East
Ranked #97 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Location didn't bother me, it was close to the airport. We had a rental car with GPS so we were fine. Something has happened recently because I remember good reviews for this place, and I am not to picky about hotels. Front staff didn't seem to care if we were there or not. Or if they were there or not. We wanted a place with a pool but for some strange reason. It was covered over the entire stay. The weather was hot and no rain, so I don't know why. There was a continental breakfast but it was just the wyndham basics. On the plus side. The area was safe and the rooms were clean.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank merquisez
There are newer reviews for Days Inn & Suites Memphis East

Reviewed September 12, 2012

"Wow" was my first reaction when I saw the hotel. It's located in an industrial estate on a main road several miles from Memphis downtown. The place was like a ghost town and the only person around was a disinterested chap on the front desk. You'd have thought he'd have been happy for some company, but no. I resisted the urge to impudently check with him that this was indeed *Memphis* Days Inn & Suites.

"Wow" was my first reaction when I entered the room. The door was wide open as I approached it and, when we went in, it was dark and dingy. I flicked the light switch. Not much happened. There were no towels in the bathroom and I had to go back down to ask Mr Bojangles on reception for some clean ones. They arrived, threadbare and smelling like old socks.

The bed with its thin sheet and two cotton-wool-filled pillows was reminiscent of a prison and the whole place reminded me of a scene from Seven. The sheets even came with some authentic brown stains.

We spent the first hour whether we could justify just leaving and checking in elsewhere. We'd paid already though and our British politeness shon through.

If I'm forced to come up with some positives.....it's spacious if that's your thing? It's also fairly cheap if you're on a shoestring (but remember that you'll need to spend money actually getting into Memphis).

All in all a historically bad stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Merryfield007
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I was in need of a non-smoking room that was handicap accessable and had two full or queen size beds. We had just arrived in Memphis and were looking for a room for the night. I had my American Express service help me with this. They called ahead to the hotel after finding one to confirm that is what we were getting since often these requirements are not listed on the website. She called the hotel directly and talk to a represenative and was assured that the accomidations were what we were looking for, they were not. When we arrived I was first given a regualar room with only one bed, then after I went back to say I needed the handicap room we reserved I was given another room with two beds but not handicap. After going back again I was taken to a dirty room that smelled of smoke and was told this is the only handicap room they have. All of there handicap rooms were smoking. This room was not at all acceptable. We were tired and had already pulled all of our items out of the car when we made the decission to stay in the room that did NOT have the accessability we needed. We did have with us a lift for the tolet but there was no way possible for the two ladies I had on this trip to take a shower safely.

Other problems, a dead roach on the bathroom floor, a pill from somebody just sitting on the floor, the TV wouldn't work and had to be reset, the breakfeast was OK but coffee didn't seem to matter to the people there.

The hotel has the appearance of looking nice but this experience was the worst I have ever had. When I talked to the person at the counter in the moring when checking out and told him how upset I was about the room situation he said that he was aware but all of their handicap rooms are smoking rooms. Everyone in Memphis smokes and that most hotels are for smokers. I am not sure that is a true statement but whe you say you have something available, and it is paid for, you better have it.

The cleanliness is in question, the staff seemed more concerned with their cell phones then helping the customer. The night staff tried he knew the handicap room was bad but still if we had known we would have gone some place else.

Room Tip: Don't choose this hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Had a good stay! Big, clean room, good water pressure, pleasant and helpful staff. Cleaning staff were very courteous and did a great job. Bed was big and comfy too! Decent breakfast included. Our only problem is that it is far away from anything. You`d really want a car if you were staying here. We figured out the bus system and there is a bus terminal down the road, but it takes a long time to get anywhere. Cab ride back from downtown at the end of the day ran about $30, which really cut into our budget.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

Me and my wife were going to Nashville Tennessee. We decided to make stop in Memphis. I use my iPhone tripadvisor app to find this hotel. We stayed there for one night everything was excellent. Breakfast was nice. Bed was comfortable. The room was nice and clean. I say I coming back when I want to coming to Memphis.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Bring your own blankets! Theirs smell really bad like they haven't been wash after others slept on them in weeks. They don't give enough towels, they as well smelled really bad. When requesting more towels, they were given to us wet! When booking a non somking room, they will place a hold on your card! until you check out then you can pay cash. upon paying cash my card was charged as well. The money wasn't never released back to my credit card as promised! The rooms where clean. Service was very poor! Desk people was very friendly.

Room Tip: Bring your own blankets and towels.. :)
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Arrived to find a sign outside the door which stated not to leave ANYTHING in your vehicle. After walking in a sign said no visitors after 10p.m. One good note the man behind the desk was polite. When I opened the door to the room I should have turned and ran but to tired to care. It looked like a haunted house as the ceiling was black with cobwebs. I left the pillow I brought with me and forgot it. When I called the next day they said they would try and locate it and would call me back one way or the other. Of course I never heard from them again. Avoid this filthy hotel and unsafe neighborhood. Be kind to yourself and spend the extra dollars on a better hotel as it had the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept in.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business