“Overall nice place to stay”

Courtyard Memphis East/Bill Morris Parkway
Ranked #36 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Streamwood, Illinois
“Overall nice place to stay”
Reviewed May 16, 2014

This hotel is being renovated and I stayed in one of the most recently renovated rooms. It still smelled of paint and new carpet - which by the way, I really don't mind since to me that means it's fairly clean.
The room itself was very nicely decorated. It also includes a mini-fridge, which I believe EVERY hotel room should have. This was a big plus for me since I like to buy my water and soda at the nearest store and keep them in the fridge.
The bed was fine and interestingly - no headboard. Instead, of a headboard, there is a very long, hard "pillow" with a cover. Again - nice to have since this can be changed between guest stays (hopefully it's changed.)
The lobby is the usual Courtyard lobby - neat, clean and sleak. There is a "bistro" in this hotel so it's convenient to grab some coffee, breakfast and even a quick bite in the evening.
The location is fine - it took us a while to get to our destinations, but that was okay with us. We would rather stay in a clean hotel and travel some distance than stay in a dump close to where we are going.
The workout room is your typical hotel workout room - small. But at least the equipment is fairly new.
This hotel was clean, the staff was friendly and helpful and the stay was pleasant.

Room Tip: Stay on a higher floor. First floor rooms may be noisy.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed May 2, 2014

The property may have been in the middle of a renovation because there were aspects that seemed upgraded and others that seemed still quite old. For example, there was a modern armoire style cabinet perched over an ancient wall unit AC. This installation included the coffee station but the lighting was so bad i couldn't see to plug the coffee maker in. There was a hole in the top of the armoire where I think a light fixture is eventually supposed to go. They had definitely updated the amount of outlets for charging and even included several that were just USB. There was no full length mirror which, as a woman, was bothersome. The closest thing was a long mirror in between the 2 beds but it was cut in half by a light fixture. There were not enough shelves in the shower, so I had to find creative places to put my toiletries. There was no option to turn on the bathroom light or the fan, if the light was on the fan was too and it was loud. That annoyed me. My room overlooked the pool area which was in a sad state. There was a beat up looking cover over the pool and the jacuzzi water was green. It is not likely I would stay here again. It was not up to what I expect from the Courtyard brand. I did sleep well though. The bed was fine.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

The rooms were recently remodeled so they were tastefully done and clean but they were smaller than I am used to and have come to expect. The staff was o.k. but again, not the standard that I am used to for a Marriott. The rooms were clean but I would choose a different Marriott in the future. In fact, I did and have reviewed that as well. This would not be my first choice but I would stay there if need be.
I had an early flight out that morning so I did not attempt to have breakfast there. I would not stay here with a family, the neighborhood was less desirable than I would be comfortable with.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay here. Check in was seamless and there are several places to eat within walking distance. Close to the interstate. Even though it is next to a major street and a railroad, the room was really quiet. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Felicia F
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I stay at this hotel weekly for my client. It is certainly a "no frills" location. The hotel is in the middle of a renovation of all of it's guestrooms. The new rooms have more modern finishes for the furniture as well as updated carpet, paint and electronics. The entrance has been redone with a new bistro and sitting area. All-in-all the updates make the hotel a lot nicer to be and stay at. The service is generally very good, and the people are very nice. The bathrooms are just OK, but the are generally clean and well kept. The workout facility is small, but adequate for the size of the hotel. Although the area is not the greatest, I've always felt safe and there is generally a good police presence in the area. Would recommend the hotel for a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: 3rd floor is good because the BNSF railroad has their people stay there, so it is a quite required f...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Visiting Germantown for two days. Hotel was in a great location. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The bistro for dinner was very tasty. Our rooms were big and the beds were comfortable. The one annoying thing in the room was the bathroom fan. Very loud and annoying. Reccomed this hotel to all visiting Germantown TN.

• Stayed September 2013
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in room 102 with our 2yr old. First we asked for 2 queen beds, but later realized they were doubles. Beds were like sleeping on the floor!! Huge cobwebs in all corners of the room. Worst part was All night we heard the people next door slamming,coming in&out&in&out ALL NIGHT LONG!!!i called the front desk at midnight finally& was told that was the hospitality crews room& she would tell them to keep it down. Really???? Upon further inspection the room next to us (an ajoining room by the way) had no door handle,so if u pushed on it it would ipen,then BANG back shut!! Why is the hospitality crew hanging out in one of the hotels guest rooms???? We got No sleep!! Bang bang bang BANG BANG BANG ALL NIGHT!! Then this mooring my husband was almost run over by one of the marrriott vans. So NO DONT STAY THERE,STAY FAR FAR AWAY.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank tiffanyhudd
Vonsha W, Director of Sales at Courtyard Memphis East/Bill Morris Parkway, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for your comments. Please accept our apologies for any inconveniences during your stay. We are addressing the mentioned items and value your feedback. We hope that you will return to the Courtyard by Marriott Memphis East/Lenox on your next visit to Memphis.

Warmest Hospitality Wishes,