“Hotel Review”

Ranked #33 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Chicago, Illinois
“Hotel Review”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I stay at this hotel weekly for my client. It is certainly a "no frills" location. The hotel is in the middle of a renovation of all of it's guestrooms. The new rooms have more modern finishes for the furniture as well as updated carpet, paint and electronics. The entrance has been redone with a new bistro and sitting area. All-in-all the updates make the hotel a lot nicer to be and stay at. The service is generally very good, and the people are very nice. The bathrooms are just OK, but the are generally clean and well kept. The workout facility is small, but adequate for the size of the hotel. Although the area is not the greatest, I've always felt safe and there is generally a good police presence in the area. Would recommend the hotel for a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: 3rd floor is good because the BNSF railroad has their people stay there, so it is a quite required f...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Visiting Germantown for two days. Hotel was in a great location. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The bistro for dinner was very tasty. Our rooms were big and the beds were comfortable. The one annoying thing in the room was the bathroom fan. Very loud and annoying. Reccomed this hotel to all visiting Germantown TN.

• Stayed September 2013
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in room 102 with our 2yr old. First we asked for 2 queen beds, but later realized they were doubles. Beds were like sleeping on the floor!! Huge cobwebs in all corners of the room. Worst part was All night we heard the people next door slamming,coming in&out&in&out ALL NIGHT LONG!!!i called the front desk at midnight finally& was told that was the hospitality crews room& she would tell them to keep it down. Really???? Upon further inspection the room next to us (an ajoining room by the way) had no door handle,so if u pushed on it it would ipen,then BANG back shut!! Why is the hospitality crew hanging out in one of the hotels guest rooms???? We got No sleep!! Bang bang bang BANG BANG BANG ALL NIGHT!! Then this mooring my husband was almost run over by one of the marrriott vans. So NO DONT STAY THERE,STAY FAR FAR AWAY.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank tiffanyhudd
Vonsha W, Director of Sales at Courtyard Memphis East/Bill Morris Parkway, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for your comments. Please accept our apologies for any inconveniences during your stay. We are addressing the mentioned items and value your feedback. We hope that you will return to the Courtyard by Marriott Memphis East/Lenox on your next visit to Memphis.

Warmest Hospitality Wishes,

Vonsha Wms, Director of Sales
Orland Park, Illinois, United States
Reviewed August 23, 2013

my visit to this hotel was extremely pleasant the staff members were very helpful my cheak in was quick the room i was staying in was a decent size the bed was comfy bathroom was clean loved the pool as im a sunshine girl....food at the restaurant called bistro was decent.
definitely will come back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the nice review. We are very happy to know you enjoyed your stay and everything was pleasing. We look forward to you visiting again.

Warm regards,

Vonsha` Williams, Director of Sales
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I stayed at this Marriott this week and it has become a pig sty!! The floors are filthy and the elevator looked like a dumpster. In the room I was greeted to a half roll of toilet paper.
Upon arrival not one person at the check in desk. Note on check in counter saying he would return in 10 minutes.
This place can no longer be a Marriott. Avoid at all costs.
Also no more fruit, coffee or even peppermint candies.
What happened???

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Destin, Florida
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I would have loved to have given this property an excellent rating however the room was not that great. The first room we went to reeked of smoke so we asked for another one and it was okay. I felt like I was in a really rough part of town once I got to the room. That was the feeling I had in the room. Its the only way to describe it. The room was average but was not cleaned the way it should have been. I did not even sleep in the bed with my husband, I slept on the couch after I covered it in a zillion sheets.

This hotel needs to really recognize its team because wow what a welcome we receive when we walked in. A nice gentleman greeted us with a huge hello and was very funny. He was boisterous and welcoming. There was a NFL party happening for the guests in the bar area and we were given NFL luggage tags. The place was crowded and it made it feel like the "it' place. We were invited down to watch football and have appetizers. It was quite a welcome.

I doubt I will be back in Memphis very soon however I will not be staying here just simply based on the rooms. Too bad considering the great service we received.

Room Tip: Ask for non smoking
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
SW MO
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We arrived about midnight after a long drive. The staff was helpful and extremely friendly. We got checked in quickly. The bed was clean and comfortable and I did not pay close attention to the rest of the room until the next morning. The overall room was clean but the bathroom was disgusting. I would not even consider a shower.

We got a good price on Priceline via bidding. If I had paid full price for the room with that bathroom, I would have been more upset.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family