“Hard to beat for the price!”

Extended Stay America - Memphis - Mt. Moriah
Ranked #76 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed August 6, 2013

The room was clean. The room we stayed in was non-smoking and did not have any fragrance odor. We've stayed at higher priced hotels and the rooms were not as good. The location was pretty central for going downtown or to Germantown or Cordova.

Room Tip: Always check out the room before paying for it if possible.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 1, 2013

The only good thing about this hotel was the location-highway nearby,clean neighborhood close to lots of stores and restaurants.Outside this hotel looks very nice,lit-up and clean,but the inside tells a different story.While the staff is very nice,we had lots of issues with our room.No blankets,fridge didn't get cold enough,ice took way to long to make,coffee pot in room,but no coffee,not enough channels on tv,no toiletries,no hairdryer,furniture was shaky,lamps had a shortage in the switches and ceiling fan made a creaking noise as if it were hanging on its last cord and about to snap and fall!.I could go on but I think you get the gist by now.We've had pretty good experiences with other Extended Stays in Memphis,just wont stay at THIS one again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Trish R
Reviewed June 24, 2013

First, let me start with the positives: it is in a good location. Very easy to get on and off the highway. The parking lot is well-lit. The stairways are clean (every morning, we smelled Lysol) and the rooms are clean. When we checked in, the gal at the front desk was wonderful. We had a couple of issues at check-in and she patiently and quickly resolved everything to the best of her abilities. The room is adequate size, the full-size fridge is a nice amenity. The bed was comfortable and there were plenty of pillows.

The negatives: the rooms are shabby, but we were able to live with it. We were there to see the sights, so the room didn't have to be opulent. However, the hotel has NO ice machines. There is NO blow dryer in the room. And worst of all -- NO blanket on the bed. When we asked for a blanket, we were told that guests steal the blankets so they no longer offer them. This left us to use the bedspread; we all know these are not regularly washed, so we were extremely unhappy with this. During our first night, we were awakened by the fire alarm. The emergency placard on the door instructed us to call the front desk -- we got no answer. After several attempts, we were told someone had started a fire while cooking (at 1am?) and that everything was fine. We were kept awake by the fire alarms intermittently sounding after this.

I think the staff do the best they can with limited resources, but wow. This was NOT a good hotel choice for us. We won't be back.

Room Tip: The people above and around us were so noisy, we couldn't sleep past about 6am. If you choose to...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JSMSMM
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I'm here working a 6 month contract at the VA in Memphis. Location is near major thoroughfares so it is very easy to get where you want to go in the metro Memphis area. Staff is friendly and they treat you like family. It seems to be in a very safe locale also with a police station less that 2 miles away on the very same road.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank seebol g
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Arriving late afternoon - a zoned out druggie is dancing wildly in the parking lot.
The smelly lobby is filled with transients and drunks.
A review of Public Records available from the Memphis Police Department reveals a lengthy history of serious and violent crimes- including multiple armed robberies and a murder in the lobby.
There is no security in place.
Please don't stay or allow anyone you care for to stay here.
John R

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank john r
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Very friendly staff, clean rooms, great location, and a good value for the money. I've been a long-term guest a couple of times here, and I would recommend it to any of my friends. It's right off highway 385, so it's close to everything in the Memphis area. The staff treats you like family. The free grab and go breakfast is great.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 3, 2013

First of all, did you notice all of the Excellent reviews are from members with only one review? When I see that you only have one review and you are giving five stars to a hotel that only deserves 3 at the most, you lose credibility with me right away. This isn't a perfect system, so there will be businesses that try to cheat the system by giving fake reviews. I'm not saying that those reviews from Pastor Boyd, AngieAng18, and Walter P are fake, but they sure walk, talk and quack like ducks! I just checked out of this hotel two days ago and it surely doesn't resemble a Four Seasons to me. Yes, the staff is very nice, I will agree with those who pointed that out. However, a friendly staff doesn't make it a Four Seasons. I wonder if Pastor Boyd has ever stayed at the Four Seasons? First of all, you wouldn't find a Four Seasons in "Hickory Hood", Second of all, You won't find a dirty room at the Four Seasons. Last but not least, you won't find questionable characters traipsing in and out of the Four Seasons. To say that this hotel is a Five Star is like comparing a Chevy Cobalt to a Mercedes-Benz. I stayed here 3 nights over the New Years Day Weekend because I got a really good offer from Extended Stay. I needed a kitchen and a little bit of space for my kids. So, this worked just fine for me. However, when my wife showed up, she refused to stay more than one night. Overall, the value of this place is excellent if you can get a good discount, and the comfort is decent. However, I don't think it is going to last too long as an average rating because the area is slowly rapidly. Being from the Memphis area, I've seen changes over the last 30 years it would take a course in sociology to explain. Nevertheless, if you are accustomed to the Five Star Hotels such as Four Seasons or the Four Star Hotels such as Marriott, I highly do not recommend this hotel for you. However, if you currently frequenting Motel 6, Best Western or Laquinta Inn, this just might work for you.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family