“Stranded in Memphis ...”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis I-240 & Perkins
Ranked #88 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Tyrone, Georgia
“Stranded in Memphis ...”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Trying to get back to ATL during the ice/snow storm, my flights got cancelled and I reserved a room here. They had a free airport shuttle, check in was quick and room was basic one. Some fast food resturants are "walk able". Breakfast buffet was sub-par - OJ was water, oatmeal was instant packages, and sauage patties (downgrade for me). If you're looking at a cheap basic room - yes, anything more then that, go somewhere else.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Precious H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis I-240 & Perkins, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and we are so sorry you had such an inconvenience during your stay. We assure you that we have rectified these issues and hope you give us another chance to charm you with our southern hospitality.
Precious

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed January 15, 2014

This hotel has been another chain, got some paint added and turned into a Marriott. I cannot understand why the Marriott would allow this type of hotel as one of their properties. This place first of all is in a bad neighborhood and the hotel is nowhere near the standards of a typical Marriott property.
No refrigerator in the room and I was staying for 11 -14 days. When I asked if they could move one from their king suites, she argued with me for 10 minutes......never have I had this bad of an experience..... if you want to come to Memphis and experience the hood, this this is your place.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Miami
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Had a terrible time here. Lost a night of sleep as they had bedbugs in the room, which I had photos of, but they brought in an exterminator who disputed that [but didn't look at my photos]. NO refund, but they sent me to another hotel the next day. Still, I lost a night of sleep....

Room Tip: check for bedbugs first.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TravelerMontage
Saint Joseph, Missouri
Reviewed December 5, 2013

The hotel isn't bad but it is definitley showing its age. The location isn't the greatest, not much around, but it is off the highway. I typically don't mind upper floor rooms as to reserve the lower for elderly or guests with children, but for the small amount of cars on a weekday, I'd like to have been offered a lower level room. The decor was nice, parking lot well lit and maintained. My room was, well, roomy. For the price and with the amount of hotels in the area I may check around the next time I'm in Memphis. The front desk was very friendly.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Hzgmech
Inman, South Carolina
Reviewed October 24, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We've been to Memphis several times but this was the first time we stayed at this particular Fairfield Inn (we normally stay at the one on Macon Cove). The room was fine, comfortable beds and all, but the cleaning room service was of a lower standard than what we are used to. Not that it was bad, but just not really good. There was a miss understanding with what amenities we thought we were betting with the room and the manager upgraded us at no charge to a suite, which was very kind of her. I don't think we'd stay there again, although I wouldn't totally discount it if we had to.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Stevensville, Montana
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Stayed at this property since I needed a close location to MEM Airport for an early meeting the next day. Although the Staff was very helpful, the hotel itself needs a facelift. Clean rooms but very 'tired' rooms and atmosphere.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

I feel like I'm cheating you by writing such a short review, but honestly we only stopped because we needed a bed. It was clean, quiet and the bed was soft. The staff seemed pleasant enough. Would stay here again if the road required it.

• Stayed August 2013