“OK place to stay.”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis I-240 & Perkins
Ranked #85 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We've been to Memphis several times but this was the first time we stayed at this particular Fairfield Inn (we normally stay at the one on Macon Cove). The room was fine, comfortable beds and all, but the cleaning room service was of a lower standard than what we are used to. Not that it was bad, but just not really good. There was a miss understanding with what amenities we thought we were betting with the room and the manager upgraded us at no charge to a suite, which was very kind of her. I don't think we'd stay there again, although I wouldn't totally discount it if we had to.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis I-240 & Perkins

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Stayed at this property since I needed a close location to MEM Airport for an early meeting the next day. Although the Staff was very helpful, the hotel itself needs a facelift. Clean rooms but very 'tired' rooms and atmosphere.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

I feel like I'm cheating you by writing such a short review, but honestly we only stopped because we needed a bed. It was clean, quiet and the bed was soft. The staff seemed pleasant enough. Would stay here again if the road required it.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We spent a night here on our way through Memphis and didn't spend much time there. But it was a nice room with a microwave and refrigerator and free wifi. The bed was comfortable with nice linens. The breakfast was nice and II did enjoy that they offered granola which I don't see that often. The staff was friendly and we would definitely stay there again. There was a smell in the hallway on the way to our room but I mentioned that when we checked out and I felt the clerk was going to report it. We didn't smell anything in our room.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank morrishj
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I am from Memphis and was here to visit family. I was with my daughter and mother. I rate this hotel average,Not because it was a terrible experience but because it was another fake Marriott's. We used to love staying at Marriott hotels. But lately we've notice there seem to be two kinds of Marriott's. One is as described built from the ground roomy, big, nice and worth every penny and the other appears to be an older hotel that was remodeled as a Marriott. Problem is the rooms are Small. no where for the visitors to sit. One desk chair and one small chair in the corner. no refrigerator, no microwave, double beds are full size beds. So now I have to wonder is this a real Marriott or a counterfeit Marriott? It Seems it was another hotel painted in Marriott colors.
Bath tub was not clean As I like.
The Breakfast was basic, cereal, danish, muffins, basic fruit (Ran out of Bananas) Hot waffle. The breakfast area was small, it had 6 tables. people seating with other families or you were waiting for a table.
It was this big humidifier by TV, do not know what it was for. Loud the first day, cut off and never worked again.
Exercise room, Super small (2 pieces of equipment, as big as a room restroom)
Staff was nice. Room was clean.
Location close to the highway.
Neighborhood was rundown.
Lobby was very small.
I will not stay here again. Nothing Special..........

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SashaBrown70
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I lived in Memphis for two years and recently went back there for a week of work. I chose this hotel because it's close to where I worked, and where I worked is the industrial/warehousing district of the city, not the most polished part of the town. That being said, this hotel is just off I-240, so it's easy to get anywhere. It's also only a few miles to the Botanic Garden, the Dixon Gallery & Gardens, and the Lichterman Nature Center.

Stuff was friendly. My room with a king-size bed was clean. The window unit air conditioner worked great except for the noise. The room did feel a little damp, so I am not sure if the dehumidifier in the room really worked.

I paid around $80 a night before tax, not a steal but fair enough.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Veronica X
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Spent 3 nights here while visiting Memphis with my wife and two kids. Nice staff and clean rooms. Great wifi (important for me and my oldest son) and very nice breakfast. Good start of my stay in the US this year!

• Stayed: July 2013