“Just OK. Good for overnight, nothing more.”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis I-240 & Perkins
Ranked #85 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed May 27, 2013

This hotel wants so bad to be nice and trendy. But it falls short. The decor is cute and the staff is amazing. The lobby is bright and welcoming! The rooms however are a bit tired. The decor is cute but.... The beds are in need of replacing, they sag quite a bit and are really soft. Makes for a sore back. It was mostly clean, but the AC unit was gross. First of all the grates were off and it was pretty dusty and dirty inside. It seemed to keep the room sorta cool, but it wasn't hot that day either. It was however, VERY loud!
The fitness center is useless. I was traveling with my boyfriend.... there is only one treadmill. Really Fairfield? You can do better than this. The room was the size of my closet at home. The room was CRAZY HOT!!! No ventilation, no fan, no AC. This is Memphis!!! Even when it is cool it is muggy. I really didn't want to skip a workout, but I probably should have. It was so hot it took hours to feel right again. I really appreciated the free weights and the bench, but another treadmill is needed and so is AC. The bike is not in good working order and the seat hurts. Also the adjuster on the seat is broken off. The area around the hotel is not a good one, so running outside is out of the question. We walked to the gas station for snacks and the cops pulled up and told us we should probably go back to our hotel. It wasn't even nighttime!
Breakfast is good, everything was fresh and replenished!! Good coffee too!!
I would stay here for one night only, like right before a flight or something like that. But longer than that, its not a good stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis I-240 & Perkins

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Spent 2 nites here in early May. The rooms were fine: good beds, easy chair and desk, free wifi, etc. The free breakfasts were adequate, but nothing special. The satff was very good - friendly and helpful. Convenient to freeway and airport, but the area is not the best. That being said, after spending 2 days in Memphis there may not be any "best" areas. I think the value was very good and would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jim J
Reviewed April 12, 2013

This hotel is a good place to stay if you are using the Memphis Airport. The shuttle ride turned out to be a little longer than had been anticipated but certainly within in reason for an “airport hotel”. The driver was helpful and friendly.
The facility is well maintained. Check-in was quick and the staff was courteous.
Overall a good experience.

Room Tip: Try to avoid a roopm near the elevator - traffic can be heard.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank WI_Parrot
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Very nice place to stay. We were on our way to Nashville from Fredericksburg, TX and found the price, free internet, free breakfast and being right on I-240 perfect for our needs. The beds were the best and the staff friendly. No complaints.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Only stay here if you are broke. Poor location, the hotel is run down, the rooms are terrible..all of the draws were open in my room when I arrived. A dehumidifier in room. The staff was very friendly though. I cut my stay short and switched hotels.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Gerry386
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I think this hotel was probably one of the nicest of our trip from Dallas, Texas. It was a large room, the shower was wonderful, the room was clean and roomy and all in all it was only for one night but I would definitely stay there again. I found the staff to be very friendly and the bed for me was so very comfortable. I had no trouble falling asleep. The hotel is quite and everything was just what we needed.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Stayed here for one night on our trip to Chicago. The property is better than I expected from regular Fairfield Inn. The room is clean. A little bit larger than I expected. The breakfast is OK and is in line with other Fairfield Inn properties. This property is a little bit better than average Fairfield Inn. I do recommend this property.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family