“Great place!”

Ranked #11 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Los Angeles, California
“Great place!”
Reviewed October 21, 2005

this was a great hotel! we had an enclosed bedroom and bathroom with a great little kitchen! it was super clean and comfortable! really quiet too! plus it is next to a benihana restaurant! loved this place! and it's in a safe nice corporate park!

• Stayed August 2005
1 Thank myan23

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Polish first
Reviewed October 12, 2005

I have stayed in the Hawthorne Suites on several occasions when on business trips to Memphis. Previously the room was above average. However, the hotel has changed names (now the Staybridge Suites) and the room was not up to the usual standard. The air conditioning did not work well, there were coffee items on the counter, but no coffee maker, no hangers in the closet, and both of the lamps in the living area were not working (one did not have a bulb in it). I wrote out a list of complaints and gave it to the front desk when I checked out. I was thanked for the list, but was not offered an apology or compensation. I will think twice before making a reservation at this hotel in the future.

• Stayed October 2005, traveled on business
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Chicago, IL
Reviewed June 29, 2005

This hotel is filthy. Everything - the sheets, the towels, the bed spreads, the coffee mugs, the walls, the doors -- you name it. My toilet backed up on my first day there, and I also found a pile of dirty towels that had been stored in an empty space beneath the bathroom sink. It took three calls to the front desk to get someone into the room to remove these towels.

If you are a business traveler and cannot get into the Hilton right across the street, you should avoid this Hawthorn at all costs. I was booked into this property at $130/night which made me think it would be acceptable. It isn't worth $40 a night.

• Stayed June 2005, traveled on business
11 Thank SoftwareSam
Reviewed November 2, 2004

Arrived at 1am that is why we stayed one night. Will never stay here again. I really find it hard to believe how anyone can say this hotel is wonderful. They said how clean it was. The first thing I noticed is how dirty it was. The hallway carpet on the way to the room was almost black. After reading the reviews, you would think this place was great. I guess these folks have never stayed at a nice hotel. If you call a suite, sticking a small fridge and microwave next to the TV, well then I guess you got what you paid for. The staff knew we had three people and yet the rooms only had two sets of towels. Had to return to the front desk at 1:15am to request another set. The bathroom cabinetry was broke and left laying in the middle of the bathroom. The security lock had been ripped off of the room door. The bed a big stain on the side of the box spring. There hot breakfast is some dried out saugage patties and scrambled eggs. How can this be Memphis #1 choice hotel. Avoid this one!

11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 18, 2004

Our stay at the Hawthorns Suites, were brilliant, the hospitality of all the staff from management to the cleaners were superb. Rooms are spacious and clean, breakfast good, happy hours mon - thurs worth going back for. My only down fall was that I didn't hire a car, and Taxi fares became rather expensive. But never the less would stay there again. A Special Thanks to all the staff who contributed to my family and myself have a glorious time. I will order better weather next time too, until we meet again. Keep up the good work.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 3, 2004

I highly recommend this hotel. The helpful staff, atmosphere, complimentary hot breakfasts and cocktails added to a great success during our short stay (Sept 26 to Sept 28). Our 2 bedroom suite included a kitchen, equipped with a 2 burner stove, a fridge, diswasher, microwave, toaster and all the dishes were provided. This was very convenient for those midnight snacks. After searching numerous hotels in Memphis, the price of this hotel was VERY reasonable and extremely affordable for what you get. The bedroom was clean and we were pleasantly surprised. The outdoor pool was clean and the hot tub very well kept. Overall, I highly recommend this hotel for your vacation needs.

Reviewed September 23, 2004

My husband, my teenage daughter, and I stayed at Hawthorn Suites for three nights beginning September 16, 2004. The hotel is located in a nicely landscaped business park across the street from a Hilton. Our two-room suite was quiet and clean. My daughter slept on the pullout sofa in the living room. My husband and I slept on the king-sized bed in the bedroom. The sleep sofa mattress was pretty much was you'd expect in a hotel - a bit thin and lumpy but new-looking. The bedroom was small but cozy - more than adequate for two people. Even though the hotel was full and some of the groups were somwhat noisy downstairs and in the halls, our room was quiet. There is virtually no traffic at night, which also helped. The desk staff was exceedingly polite and helpful. The free breakfast buffet included the usual such as eggs, bacon, cereal, etc... We would definitely stay at this hotel again.