Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East
Ranked #7 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed September 15, 2008

Hotel is quiet, and peaceful, although close to I240.
Front desk is a bit miserable, and staff not engaging. Rooms good size, and well equipped. Breakfast is sort of Hampton Inn like, but OK.
TV in our suite did not work, which we reported, but nothing got done. also no milk or whitener with the comp tea and coffee, nor was any available in the little on-site shop, so a bit of a pointless exercise giving it in the first place

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank ethelman2
SBSMemphisEast, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2009

Thank you for taking the time to review this property. I wanted to follow up and confirm that we have spent a great deal of time since your visit training and developing our team to respond quickly and with purpose to every guest request. I truly appreciated the opportunity to learn from your comments and addressed the issues. If you are ever in Memphis again please contact me directly as I would you to experience the team and facility that we have grown in to.

Best regards,

Jason Harris,

Reviewed September 9, 2008

We stayed at this Hotel two days at the end of our week long Tennesse trip. (Hurricane Gustav). I was searching available hotels and this one came up, we have never stayed at a Staybridge Suites hotel before. This hotel stay was great the staff was wonderfull (which sometimes it is very hard to find) they were polite and courteous. We had a problem with our first room airconditioner was not working, maintaince had gone home already so she personally went up to check it and it was not working so she gave us another room immediatly. We bothered her some more on other things but always answered with a smile I think her name was Demitria. Well the room are super clean, the bathrooms are spacious, the kitchen has everything you need minus the food, the fridge is large, has two t.v's one in the bedroom and one in the livingroom we traveled with a two year old he had plenty of room to play. You get free wifi which I loved, you get free breakfast every morning, you get to wash and dry your clothes for free, yes free I have stayed at other extended stay hotels and you don't get free breakfast and you don't wash your clothes for free. It has a nice outdoor pool, excersise room and it has a small store with basic items you may need during your stay. Oh and by the way from monday to thursday in the evenings they provide free drinks and light snacks for your enjoyment yes for free. I just loved this hotel overall. I will definately be staying again.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank zlopez
Reviewed June 8, 2008

I loved my room it came with a full kitchen, living room area and separate bedroom. The room had a real modern look to it I liked the decor. The staff were very friendly and helpful! The breakfast in the morning was fantastic also there was an evening reception with food, beer and wine GREAT! There were flat screen TV's in the lounge area which gave this area a modern look along with a large fire place. My next trip to Memphis I would return to the Staybridge Suites!

1  Thank H0ckeyFanSA
Reviewed May 21, 2008

My wife, son and I attended the Beale Street Festival and stayed at the Staybridge. All the hotels downtown were either booked or outrageous. The Staybridge was less than a 15 minute drive to downtown.

We had a king bed suite with sleeper sofa. There were two tv's - one in the bedroom, one in the living room. Plus there was a kitchen with stove, fridge, sink and dishwasher.

Everything was excellent. The room was clean, off the beaten path so traffic noise was nil. The staff was very friendly and we paid less per night than we would have paid at other hotels that have a fraction of the amenities.

If other Staybridges are like this one, then I will be booking this chain and forget about the others when we travel.

• Stayed: May 2008
1  Thank Kmagg
Reviewed March 2, 2008

I live an hour away from Memphis, but work in Memphis and am very familar with its issues, both good and bad. I have stayed in many hotels in Memphis, over the years, and this , is by far one of the best experiences.
This stay was a Saturday night, booked through Hotwire. The hotel is located in the center of the city, close to just about anything, all with in a 10 mile radius, including airport. It is close to I-240, but not within sight, which is good, due to heavy anount of traffic.
My room was immaculate, as well as decorated nicely. It is a suite arrangement, with full size fridge, microwave, two televisions, sofa bed, and my bed was a king bed. What I like, is that the bedroom has double doors that be closed off from the living area. The hotel is located in a corporate park environment, and is close to restaurants, movies, etc. Since Memphis is a crime ridden city, this is in a safe location, ideal for families or business travelers.
This is where I will stay again, if I need to be overnight in Memphis, and this comes from someone who knows the city well!!

Reviewed February 18, 2008

I stayed in a one bedroom suite. This includes a small kitchen that is completely stocked with pots, pans, dishes, silverware, measuring cups, cutting board and a couple of knives. There are even some glass dishes with lids if you make enough food to save leftovers.

I travel often for work and prefer to prepare my own meals rather than eat out. This hotel is perfect for that.

I also like to exercise with free weights. There is not a Bally's for me to visit in Memphis, but luckily there is a nice variety of dumbbells available in the exercise room.

The room seemed to be clean, and the staff was very helpful and attentive. I did not eat any of the meals provided so I cannot comment on that.

My only minor complaint is that when I ran the furnace it was so loud that I had to blast the television to hear it, and it was annoying. I have quite a few more trips to the Memphis area scheduled this year and I plan to continue staying with the Staybridge Suites in Memphis.

1  Thank Auditor_USA
Reviewed August 20, 2007

We were there during Elvis Week (Aug. 15-18). Helpful staff. Hotel is nicely decorated, remodeling in progress (still). We were on the 4th floor and the smell of glue fumes or paint was really strong in the hallway. The smell didn't get into the room. The rooms were a good size for 4 adults, double sofa bed good for average size people or young children. Kitchen had all the standard stuff to fix a quick meal, you supply the food of course :)
There were no toiletries in the room, we nevered asked for them either, but shouldn't standard toiletries be in the room at all times? I think so.:)
Breakfast buffet was decent, egg, meat, fruit, yogurt,pastries, etc. coffee was offered all day long which is a really nice touch. The reception in the afternoon is offered between Mon-Thur. a nice snack for those traveling with young children, they offered at least one hot item, fruit, drinks, chips, draft beer and bottled wine. :)
Pool area was being remodel, the pool was opened and used it for a few hours, in the hot memphis heat, the pool was adaquate although small, there was no one out there but us, so it was not bad.:)
We didn't use the fitness room, but it looks pretty decent. Free laundry for guest. Bring your own detergent. :)
24 hour front desk and there is a little store (walk in closet size), but it works if you want a soda or snack after midnight. Memphis hours are crazy, people sleeps late here! :)
Poplar Blvd. is long both East and West. Plenty of restaurants to choose from. We ate at Corky's BBQ (Poplar West), it was great! Also try Crescent City (New Orleans Food, Poplar East?), yummy and the prices were not too bad either. Ask hotel staff for list of restaurant in area. Some shopping in the area, but you have to find it.

Stayed: August 2007