“"Bucket List" trip to visit Memphis, TN and Beale Street.”

Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East
Ranked #9 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
New Market, Maryland
“"Bucket List" trip to visit Memphis, TN and Beale Street.”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I took hours to research a hotel with a "very good" to "excellent" rating close to Beale Street in Memphis TN. I was traveling with my 8 lb. Pom, BamBam on a "Bucket List" trip to visit Beale Street. Traveling with my pet narrowed my choices, as thre were not many Pet Friendly Hotels that were also HIGHLY rated. Among the Pet Friendly Hotels, I narrowed my choice to Staybridge on Ridge Lake Blvd, because of the Trip Advisor Ratings of mostly 5s with some 4 ratings. We were about 10 miles out from Beale Street but it was a straight shot to Beale Street and my GPS system took us to the hotel when we first arrived in Memphis without a glitch. I then checked another website before selecting this hotel to be sure it was free of any creepy crawly things. After pages of mostly Excellent reviews by previous travelers to the Staybridge Suites, I chose this hotel and did not regret my choice. The full breakfast was nice each morning. I was there on Sat. and Sun. morning and it was quite busy in the eating area. The lady tending the kitchen was extremely nice and helpful. She looked like she needed a little help at times, but managed to keep things going. I never felt unsafe in the parking area, that was well-lit and the hotel is in an upscale location. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful, they told us about the most reasonably priced parking for a visit to Beale Street and made sure we saw the doggie treats upon entering the lobby area on check-in. They greeted us each time we left or entered the lobby---very professional staff. I would recommend this hotel whether you are traveling with a canine companion or not. I would stay here again if I ever returned to Memphis.
The BB King establihment on Beale Street was closed due to a recent fire, I want to return when it is restored.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Yvette C
SBSMemphisEast, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. As a pet parent myself, I understand how difficult it can be to find hotels who welcome them. It is always our pleasure to have our guests and their pets. Please come back to see us the next time you're in Memphis. We'd love to have you back. Best regards, Bob Cox, General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Polish first
Methuen, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Staying at Staybridge was a great experience. While not has fancy looking as the Hilton across the street don't be fooled by its modest exterior. Rooms are large and the kitchen is well stocked with plates, silverware and other cookware. The staff was friendly and very helpful. I flew in early and was able to check in at 10:30am. The gentleman on night staff learned and remembered our names after 1 night and would address us by them, never had that happen before! Beds had sheets, blankets and a comforter. Thermostat worked and bathroom was clean.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
SBSMemphisEast, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for the great review. We love hearing about our guests having an "experience", which is exactly what we want to create. We certainly hope to see you back again soon. Best regards, Bob Cox, General Manager.
Mineola, Texas
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We arrived late after many hours of traveling, along with our small dog, and the hotel staff person couldn't have been nicer. We had booked our rooms along the way on the IHG app and though everything was ready for us, he very quickly and sweetly moved our rooms (at our request) to be one the first floor, closer to the dog area. He even upgraded us at no extra charge. The hotel is super clean and comfy and the rooms were extremely spacious. It was quiet and was just what we needed to relax after a long day of traveling.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
SBSMemphisEast, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you for the review of your stay with us. It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests and find out from your perspective how we are doing. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and that our team was able to accommodate your needs. Please come see us again when you visit Memphis. Best regards, Bob Cox, General Manager
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We came only for 1 night, a very short stay. Upon arrival we've got 2 bottled water and some cookies.
The room was very nice, clean and spacious. Loved the exercise room the best we had in all the last 5 hotels we stayed.
The breakfast room is not big, we had a problem to find a Table for 4, most of the table were only for 2. Peoples who came after 9 had to wait for a table, well, it was the weekend after all. If you are going to visit "Graceland", it's an easy 15 minutes drive from the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
SBSMemphisEast, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for the nice review of your stay. We're happy that you chose the Staybridge for your time here in Memphis and hope you will come back often for another visit. Thank you again. Best regards, Bob Cox, General Manager
Illinois
Reviewed October 3, 2013

From the reservation process to check-out this is one of the most outstanding hotels I have ever stayed in and I travel A LOT! Lois at the front the desk will absolutely make your day, she is so polite, courteous and helpful. But the hotel, what a find; the room was spotless, the bed was incredibly comfortable, but what I noticed more than anything was how quiet it was. I never heard anyone walking over my head, or through the walls. If I was in the living room area I could hear people talking in the hallway, but not in the bedroom area. My wife & I enjoyed our stay so much that on our way back through after our long trip we changed our hotel plans in another state and stayed another night at the StayBridge Suites in Memphis. We can't wait to go back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
We didn't want you to leave either!! Thank you for all the nice compliments.. It was great having you on your return trip home as well. Please come back to see us often and I can assure you, we will try to live up to the standards of your recent visit. Best regards, Bob Cox, General Manager
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

We spent a week at the Staybridge Suites and I can't recommend this hotel enough to others. The staff are amazing and so helpful. Hayes, Lois, Jonathan & Tony (sorry if I have missed anyone out on reception) were always there to meet you with a friendly and professional manner. Bob, Ross & Yul drove us to places in Memphis and no destination was to far for them to take us. If it wasn't for them I'm not sure us Brits would have got the the true southern experience. The 3 guys all had great personalities, I really can't praise them enough and the rest of the staff.
The breakfast in the mornings was always very good with a wide variety to choose from and an added bonus that they also put on dinner 3 or 4 nights of the week.
If you stay at this hotel which I really think you should, and your unsure what places you want to see and what restaurants to experience then ask the staff coz they will for sure point you in the right direction and even take you there.
I have honestly had the best week in Memphis and I seriously cannot wait to return soon in the future and of course check in at the Staybridge Suites.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Smileygirl12
I can assure you that it was our pleasure having our "Brit" friends stay with us. Thank you for taking your time to review your stay, and remember that there will always be a place for you in Memphis. We hope to see you again soon. Best regards, Bob Cox, General Manager
near Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Our stay was delightful! I've never met such a consistently helpful and pleasant staff. We were assisted several times with directions and great recommendations for dining. We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank domegnome
Thank you for taking your time to review your stay at our hotel. It was our pleasure having you as our guest, and we look forward to seeing you again soon on your next visit. Best regards, Bob Cox, General Manager