I took hours to research a hotel with a "very good" to "excellent" rating close to Beale Street in Memphis TN. I was traveling with my 8 lb. Pom, BamBam on a "Bucket List" trip to visit Beale Street. Traveling with my pet narrowed my choices, as thre were not many Pet Friendly Hotels that were also HIGHLY rated. Among the Pet Friendly Hotels, I narrowed my choice to Staybridge on Ridge Lake Blvd, because of the Trip Advisor Ratings of mostly 5s with some 4 ratings. We were about 10 miles out from Beale Street but it was a straight shot to Beale Street and my GPS system took us to the hotel when we first arrived in Memphis without a glitch. I then checked another website before selecting this hotel to be sure it was free of any creepy crawly things. After pages of mostly Excellent reviews by previous travelers to the Staybridge Suites, I chose this hotel and did not regret my choice. The full breakfast was nice each morning. I was there on Sat. and Sun. morning and it was quite busy in the eating area. The lady tending the kitchen was extremely nice and helpful. She looked like she needed a little help at times, but managed to keep things going. I never felt unsafe in the parking area, that was well-lit and the hotel is in an upscale location. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful, they told us about the most reasonably priced parking for a visit to Beale Street and made sure we saw the doggie treats upon entering the lobby area on check-in. They greeted us each time we left or entered the lobby---very professional staff. I would recommend this hotel whether you are traveling with a canine companion or not. I would stay here again if I ever returned to Memphis.
The BB King establihment on Beale Street was closed due to a recent fire, I want to return when it is restored.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to East Memphis's finest all suite hotel! Our 100% smoke free Staybridge Suites takes pride in our great service and convenient location! Just a short drive from the airport, downtown Memphis, FedEx Forum, Beale Street, Graceland, University of Memphis, Rhodes College, Christian Brothers College and all Memphis attractions. We are conveniently situated off Poplar Avenue and I-240 in the heart of East Memphis business corridor. Our location provides easy access to all major highways including I-240, I-40 and I-55. Within minutes of the hotel you can enjoy a wide variety of restaurants, shopping and entertainment options. Our primary goal is to make you comfortable, and we start with 114 tastefully designed suites and guestrooms. Each suite is complete with a coffee maker, hair dryer, iron/ironing board, two telephones with two lines, pullout sofa sleeper and two televisions with cable. We offer wireless high-speed Internet access in all guestrooms and meeting rooms. Start your day with our complimentary deluxe hot breakfast buffet and relax with our Tuesday-Thursday evening Social and enjoy a complimentary beer or glass of wine. Work off the stress of a busy day in our exercise room, seasonal outdoor swimming pool or hot tub. Your pet is welcome to join you for a nominal non-refundable fee. Business and airport shuttle service are provided free of charge, daily from 7AM-10PM. All this, plus earn points or miles with Priority Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East Hotel Memphis
- Memphis Staybridge Suites