A rock-bottom weekend rate and outstanding reviews here attracted us to this hotel, our first experience with the Staybridge brand.
First the good news: this hotel's welcome was among the warmest we've received in decades of travel. Damon remembered every detail of my call from the road to book the room, greeted me like an old friend and later popped up to our room to our room when I called to report a minor problem as he was about to head home at the end of his shift. Someone else could have taken care of this but I appreciated the personal touch. Everyone on the staff seems truly committed to customer service. At checkout, the usually routine question about our stay seemed to come from the heart. The desk clerk actually made a note of my suggestions for the hotel gym.
More good news: the hotel is across the highway from a movie theatre, around the corner from a mall and a short drive to good local restaurants (we recommend the Blue Plate for breakfast and Corky's for barbecue).
Now for the downside: while clean, this hotel is a little on the faded side, in an older building that feels a bit cramped by today's standards. Getting the luggage cart into our room was unexpectedly challenging. The mattress was markedly less supportive than the one we slept on at our next stop, Staybridge's sister hotel in Fayetteville, AR. I woke up many times during our two nights in Memphis.
Bottom line: a perfectly acceptable stay with moments of real distinction but we'll look elsewhere on our next trip to Memphis.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to East Memphis's finest all suite hotel! Our 100% smoke free Staybridge Suites takes pride in our great service and convenient location! Just a short drive from the airport, downtown Memphis, FedEx Forum, Beale Street, Graceland, University of Memphis, Rhodes College, Christian Brothers College and all Memphis attractions. We are conveniently situated off Poplar Avenue and I-240 in the heart of East Memphis business corridor. Our location provides easy access to all major highways including I-240, I-40 and I-55. Within minutes of the hotel you can enjoy a wide variety of restaurants, shopping and entertainment options. Our primary goal is to make you comfortable, and we start with 114 tastefully designed suites and guestrooms. Each suite is complete with a coffee maker, hair dryer, iron/ironing board, two telephones with two lines, pullout sofa sleeper and two televisions with cable. We offer wireless high-speed Internet access in all guestrooms and meeting rooms. Start your day with our complimentary deluxe hot breakfast buffet and relax with our Tuesday-Thursday evening Social and enjoy a complimentary beer or glass of wine. Work off the stress of a busy day in our exercise room, seasonal outdoor swimming pool or hot tub. Your pet is welcome to join you for a nominal non-refundable fee. Business and airport shuttle service are provided free of charge, daily from 7AM-10PM. All this, plus earn points or miles with Priority Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, IHG, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East Hotel Memphis
- Memphis Staybridge Suites