“Enjoyable Visit- Gunther M.”

Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East
Ranked #2 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Tewksbury, Massachusetts
“Enjoyable Visit- Gunther M.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

This is the third time I have stayed at the Staybridge suites in Memphis. Each trip was very enjoyable.
I especially enjoyed the nightly social gathering which was a great way to meet up with the rest of my training class. I am a priority club member and received a few extra "treats" in my room.The hotel staff is very friendly and courteous and always makes me feel very welcome. I would recommend this hotel to others that are planning a trip to Memphis.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
SBSMemphisEast, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thanks so much for returning to our hotel for the 3rd time. It is such a pleasure to hear so nice comments. I notice you were from the beautiful Tewksbury area. I lived in that part of the world for several years and enjoyed managing a group of hotels in the Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire area. It is a great part of the country. Whenever you find yourself back in our part of the country we certainly hope you will choose us again. We would be thrilled to see you back. Best regards and Happy Thanksgiving. Bob Cox, General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Polish first
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

Based on location and the favorable TripAdvisor reviews we decided to stay at Staybridge Suites when we were in Memphis for a wedding. We were certainly not disappointed. The other reviews were right on. The location is in a quiet area several blocks off any major traiffic streets. This hotel is not super busy on the week-ends so it is very quiet.

Damon was on duty when we checked in and as reported in several of the other reviews he was very friendly and knew from our reservation that we wanted to be away from the elevators. He put us on the 4th floor where is said it would be very quiet and it was. We had the suite with the king bed and double doors between the bedroom and the living room. That made it nice when my wife wanted to go to bed before I did. The bed was very comfortable. The room was clean and the shower was great.

The breakfast was OK with lots of choices. Seating is somewhat limited. Parking is limited right around the hotel, but the hotel shares the lot in the back with Benihana, so there is plenty of parking.

When we are back in Memphis and need a place to stay we will definitely stay at the Staybridge Suites.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CLTexasTraveler
Thank you for giving us such a terrific review, and congratulations on the wedding. I hope it was a good time for all. Damon lives up to his reputation, and I feel honored to have him on our team. I'm glad you had a pleasant time with us and hope that you will keep us in mind the next time you visit Memphis. We'd love to have you back again soon. Best regards, Bob Cox, General Manager
Bartlesville, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

I would like to start off by saying this is my first review to ever make on a traveling. We have stayed here on three different occasions and have reservations to stay again next week. This hotel is very nice. I'm very picky and couldn't believe how clean and nice everything is kept. The meals are very good. I would like to give a big thank you to Damon W. for making us feel welcome on all of our stays. He is very devoted and a valuable asset to Staybridge.

Room Tip: I have stayed in different rooms on three of my stays and they have all been nice. I do prefer the b...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Lori K
Thank you for becoming a loyal Staybridge guest. It is always such a pleasure to have someone return time and again. Your comments mean so much to us all, and I will be sure to pass this along to the entire team. Yes, Damon is a great asset to our hotel. We are very lucky to have him on our team. Thank you for choosing our hotel to be your first TripAdvisor review for travel. I certainly hope it won't be your last. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip. Best regards, Bob Cox, General Manager.
Clinton, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is my second stay at the Staybridge suites in Memphis. The rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. Kitchen fully stocked. The front staff went out of their way late at night [after I got back from the greyhound track] to help me hook up my computer using wi-fi. The shower was one of the best I have ever had. Bennihana's is right behing the motel. It was very quite there. My only complaint was the same one I have with every suite I have stayed in. The ice maker is just useless. The only one that ever worked for me was at the Staybridge in Independence, MO. Evidently the last guest had left in running and the housekeeping staff didn't catch it. I got there and there was plenty of ice. In this case I turned it on, went to the dog track , came back in 8 hours--no ice. Went to a 24 hour store bought a bag--problem solved. I think from now on I will stop before I get to the motel and just buy a bag and get it over with, but this is just probably my little hang up. Other than that everything was first class. I was recognized as a priority member and given water and a cookie.

I am probably coming back Thanksgiving weekend and, if I do, I will stay here. Probably the best bang for the buck in Memphis. A first rate place to stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank James V
SBSMemphisEast, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
It was great to have you back! I'm always thrilled when I hear that a guest has returned and has received the same ultimate service as before. If you would please call or email me with your room number that you were in I wll certainly look into the ice maker in your suite. You can email me at sbsmemphis@generationcompanies.com or call me at 901-682-1722. We're already looking forward to your next trip. Thank you for taking your time to tell us about your stay. Best regards, Bob Cox, General Manager
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

We only stayed here one night but was enjoyable. Staff was very friendly. When checking in we received a complimentary bottle of water for being a Priority Club member, which was nice because most of the hotels do not give anything for being a member. We checked in on a Thursday evening where they had a social event, where there was complimentary beer, wine, soft drinks, and hot food. I believe they have one every Monday through Thursday. The room was nice but a little smaller than the normal hotel room. Room had queen bed, stovetop, microwave, full sized fridge, and a pretty good sized bathroom. We went out to downtown Memphis, which is about a half hour drive, and came back and there was not any parking spaces open. We parked in what seemed to be the Benihana's (the restaurant next door) space. In the morning there was complimentary hot breakfast, which had a good selection of breakfast items. Overall I was impressed by the time we spent at Staybridge Suites Memphis!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank monkeysaurusrex
SBSMemphisEast, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you for the nice comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are all happy that you chose our hotel and hope you will return to see us soon. I know we are a bit "land locked" in regards to parking. Since we are surrounded by office buildings, available land is just not there. Benihana's is always gracious to share their lot with us since they are merely feet from our hotel. We look forward to seeing you soon. Best regards, Bob Cox, General Manager
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

This was the second time we stayed at this hotel. The staff is friendly and helpful, everything is clean, and breakfast is really good with a great varity. The beds are very comfortable and the rooms are quiet. We didn't hear noises in the hallway or from the other rooms. Easy to get to and plenty of parking.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Melanie N
SBSMemphisEast, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
I certainly appreciate the nice review you gave our hotel and team. It is always a pleasure to hear that we are doing what you expect of a hotel team. I hope you will join us soon for your third visit! Thank you for taking the time out of your day to review your stay. Best regards, Bob Cox, General Manager
Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

Safe location close to movies, restaurants and shopping. However, be forewarned. The housekeeper will not replace towels. You have to beg for more. Also, I called the front desk BC I couldn't figure out the thermostat ( there's a secret little door to open on the left). When I asked how to work it, the response from the front desk was " I don't know and housekeeping is not here". Breakfast buffet is adequate but I had to ask twice each morning for more half and half, and the spigots on the instant creamer they seem to want you to use were always clogged and gross. Two queens have be queen blocking the closet completely, but the beds are comfortable. Pillows are no good

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank shoesArkansas
Thank you for your review of your stay. I am so sorry you had the problems you mentioned with our service. I can assure you that this is not the type of service we want our guests to receive, and I can promise you that we will take care of each of the issues you mentioned. Without guests such as you bringing these to my attention there is always the possibility that they will go unnoticed. I sincerely apprecate your very honest opinion and critique. I hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future and to show you that this is not the norm for our hotel. Thank you again for taking your time to complete your review. Best regards, Bob Cox, General Manager