“Great Service”

Ranked #10 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Hartford, Connecticut
“Great Service”
Reviewed September 2, 2011

I stayed for a (2) week business trip. The staff was incredible; Penelope & Michael at the front desk, Eric the van driver, LB and his weekend partner( I'm sorry, I don't know the name of the lady that does weekends) who provides an excellent hot morning breakfast and evening snack. The only "complaint" that I had is that the hot tub next to the pool was out of service.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
SBSMemphisEast, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East, responded to this review, September 16, 2011
Thanks for all the great comments. We are all very proud of our entire team and love to hear the nice comments about them. I will be more than happy to make sure they all hear and see what you wrote. It is very gracious of you to take time out of your busy day to let us know how we are doing. Sorry about the spa, we are awaiting parts to get this taken care of. Hopefully when you return you will be able to use it. We look forward to seeing you again. Thanks once again for letting us know how we did. Best regards, Bob Cox, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Polish first
Reviewed August 24, 2011

Spent two weeks at the Staybridge while in Memphis for training. The hotel was wonderful! I'll start with housekeeping: I am VERY picky and thoroughly checked my room when I arrived. Everything looked clean. I was surprised (but appreciative) when I left a glass in the sink one morning while in a rush, and when I came back it was in the dishwasher! I ran into a couple housekeeping staff in the hallways throughout my stay, and each time they greeted me with a smile and asked if I was enjoying my stay. I did not catch their names but the genuine friendliness was across the board.
The front desk staff were wonderful too! Very personable and again, always ready to greet me with a warm smile. They gave me great advice about where to go around town and always followed-up with "how did it go?"
The hotel has a shuttle that will take you anywhere within a 5 mile radius. The shuttle drivers were so friendly too! My favorite, hands-down, was Eric. He juggled a large group of us with different interests and I never waited long. I'm also a horrible backseat driver but I felt safe with Eric. He drove well, recommended places to go to, and warned us about areas we would probably want to avoid.
Now the food. The Staybridge offers a free breakfast buffet, not just continental, everyday and happy hour Monday -Thursday. The breakfast offers a huge variety--bagels, eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits, oatmeal, waffles and the list goes on! The happy hour offers free beer and wine and a small meal (I.e. sloppy joes, egg rolls, tacos...). The only thing better than the variety and the quality of the food is the man who makes it--Mr. LB! He is the nicest man and so accommodating. I was part of a large group who insisted on sitting together all the time. Mr. LB allowed us to move tables and chairs and never told us to turn the volume down despite the fact that we were very loud at times. He went as far as to bake cookies for our group...twice!!
If I had to sum up the Staybridge in a few words...clean, accommodating, and welcoming. As home-sick as I was feeling, the staff really made me feel better. I hope I have the opportunity to come back soon. Thank you Staybridge staff!!

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank RIJ_advisor
WOW! What a wonderful review. I'm happy our team pulled together to make your stay exceptional. We all take pride in guest service and it is always a pleasure to hear we succeeded. Thank you for being our guest for the two weeks you were here. I will most definitely pass your comments along to the entire team. It means a great deal to them to know that our guests appeciate the hard work they do on a daily basis for you. You are why we are here, and we hope to do nothing more than improve our service each and every day. Thank you again for taking the time out of your day to let us know what you think. Best regards and please come back to visit us again soon. Bob Cox, General Manager
atlanta
Reviewed August 3, 2011

I stayed here two nights in July of 2011 for business. My room was pretty nice. Room seemed to be updated and somewhat new looking. Only two concerns was this hotel allows pets and since I was there in the summer months there seemed to be a lot of vacationers in the hotel and lots of big dogs. I would think there would be a size limit on dogs but I saw numerous large dogs in the hallways on leashes. My other concern is the parking. There are two restaurants on either side of the hotel. One restaurant seemed to be closed yet they had numerous signs stating you could not park in their parking lot that you would be towed. The other restaurant filled quickly in the evenings and their parking seemed to over flow to the limited parking at the Staybridge. That was my only two complaints.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
SBSMemphisEast, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East, responded to this review, August 4, 2011
We really appreciate the review of your stay in July. Being located in the heart of an office complex, our parking can be a challenge at times and, unfortunately we have little control over it. We are pet friendly and we do have a size limit on our 4 legged friends of 50 pounds. I hope they weren't too much of an inconenience for you. We normally don't have too many in house at the same time, but, the summer vacation season may have had something to do with it. Other than that, I am happy that you like our hotel and hope that you will come back and try us again when you're back in Memphis. Thanks for taking your time to review our hotel. Your comments mean so much. Best regards, Bob Cox, General Manager
Malden, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Was in Memphis for training and was booked at the Staybridge with others from our training class.

The suites were extremely clean and neat.
The staff was extremely accomodating.

We are all hoping that when we go back for our next training that we are able to stay at the Staybridge.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
SBSMemphisEast, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East, responded to this review, August 2, 2011
Thank you so much for making the time to review your stay with us. We are all thrilled that your training was successful, and that you enjoyed your time with us. We do look forward to having you return and we would love for you to come spend some time to just relax and enjoy our city. Thank you again for taking the time to tell us about your stay. Best regards, Bob Cox, General Manager
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed July 23, 2011

We recently stayed in this hotel when I was attending a conference at The Hilton Memphis and it was full. I was reluctant to try this property, but was desperate. The staff member at the front desk was very helpful upon check-in. However, many of the guests appeared never to have stayed at a hotel before as they were loud and obnoxious in the common areas. We did get a good night's rest, despite the loud air conditioning unit right beside the bed, but after a while it was like white noise. The linens and furniture were much, much nicer than I expected.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
SBSMemphisEast, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East, responded to this review, July 25, 2011
We're happy you were pleased with your option to stay with us. I apologize for the unruly people in our lobby. I'm not sure who it could have been, as most of our visitors are seasoned corporate travelers. We are glad you were able to get a good nights rest however, and we hope you will chose to stay with us again when you are back in Memphis. We'll try to calm the crowds on your next visit!! Thank you again. Best regards, Bob Cox, General Manager
KY
Reviewed July 8, 2011

Let's begin with the fact that I'm 60 & very picky. We were traveling with a pet, so Staybridge was on our short-list of hotels in Memphis that didn't break the bank. The price was right, and it was in a safe location. 2 primary musts. Our suite was excellent. LR/kitchen combo (full size fridge, all necessities furnished, flat-screen TV. Bedroom had king bed - very comfortable. Bath was dual room - vanity area/closet and then toilet/tub/shower. Showerhead was to die for.

Once in our room, there was absolutely no outside noise. With this being a pet-friendly hotel, you would never had guessed there was an animal on the premise. Rooms must be very sound-proofed, because we heard no hall noise, or nothing from rooms above. Like a private apt.

The bathroom vent fan didn't work and my DH mentioned it to the desk clerk the 1st morning there. Within an hour, the maintenance man was knocking on our door to replace it. I was shocked!

Breakfast buffet was adequate for a good start to the day. Appetizers (meatballs, nachos, etc) were provided in the evenings, along with beverages. Fitness room had every type of equipment imaginable. Outdoor pool was also secure.

Great experience. Wish all hotels/motels would follow their lead.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
SBSMemphisEast, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East, responded to this review, July 13, 2011
We are all thrilled to hear that your stay was so nice. We strive daily to give our guests a great experience, and it is always nice when you take your valuable time to let us know how we did. As a pet owner I agree that the pet friendly options are few and far between when traveling and it is our honor to be one of the few that welcomes our pet friends. Thanks again and we look forward to having you as our guest the next time you are in Memphis. Regards, Bob Cox, General Manager
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed July 7, 2011

Kitchen ran out of breakfast and evening reception items twice during my short stay; and lobby coffee was empty twice. Kitchen staff was apologetic and attentive, but clearly lacked the resources they needed. There was no salad offered during the evening reception - something that business travelers who frequent the Staybridge chain depend on for a healthy, balanced road meal. However; front desk staff was excellent iin their efficiency and attentiveness, room & property were clean and well-maintained, and hotel is in a nice office-park area. This property had the best price in the area for hotels in this class when I booked. Would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011
SBSMemphisEast, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East, responded to this review, July 8, 2011
Thank you for letting us know of the concerns in our Food & Beverage Department. I will address your issues immediately to ensure it doesn't happen again. I certainly don't want to sound like I'm making excuses, but, if your stay was within the past couple of weeks I'm sure you noticed an "ample" supply of children in the hotel. This was due to a city wide AAU tournament and, as kids will always do, they each ate enough for 10 adults. I do apologize though, and will make sure there is always plenty out for all our guests. I can't imagine why no salad was on the line for the Sundowner reception as this is always a staple for us. I sincerely thank you for taking your time to let us know about your stay, and we hope to see you again on your next visit to our area. Best regards, Bob Cox, General Manager