“Nice Place To Stay”

Ranked #27 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Jonesborough, Tennessee
“Nice Place To Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

We couldn't have asked for a better place to spend the night. If you are lucky enough to get Teresa and Gloria helping you at the front desk, you're in for a treat. They both were so helpful and good natured, it made the stay even more enjoyable. The room was spacious and clean with all the amenities -- microwave, refrigerator, TV. The breakfast was all anyone could ask for with hot eggs, sausage, waffles, yogurt, cereal, juice, fruit, etc. Previous reviews mentioned cigarette smoke, but we never noticed that at all. We would definitely stay here the next time we're in Memphis. It was right off the expressway with restaurants and shopping within walking distance.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
BWGalleria, Manager at BEST WESTERN Galleria Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
WOW !!! We all appreicate the GREAT compliments that you have given to our staff as well as our hotel. I will be sure to let Teresa and Gloria know of the compliments that you have given to them.We all look forward to having you all as our guest in the future. Once again thank you for choosing to Stay With People Who Care !!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Edison, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

Stayed at this hotel when I was travelling on business. Its situated close to the Gallaria mall and has a few good eating options within 1-2 miles. The facilities and interiors were ok. The major problem is the hotel is it situated less than 100 meters from the Interstate. I had a tough time sleeping since the noise from the traffic was disturbing. My suggestion is not to stay in a room facing the interstate.

Room Tip: Do not stay in a room facing the interstate.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
First off we would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us. I would like to apologize for any issues that you may have had during your stay. We would have been more than happy to have moved you to anotther room so that you would have been able to get more rest. We do not want anyone to leave not being happy. We do hope that you stay with us again soon. If I may be of any assistance please do not hesitate to call me. Once again we thank you.
Cambridge, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

The hotel looked great from the outside but things changed once we checked in. First off, the keys did not work in the assigned room. The whole hallway smelled like stale smoke even though the hotel was "smoke free". We were given another room on a different floor where the keys DID work but when we entered, the room was very small. The beds were OK and we slept fine but in the morning we went down for breakfast and again the room keys did not work. Housekeeping tried to open the door for us but it still would not open. Maintenance was called and they finally got us back into our room. Over all this stay was less than satisfying.

Room Tip: Don't stay on any floor that smells like stale smoke.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
BWGalleria, Manager at BEST WESTERN Galleria Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
We would like to take this chance to apologize for any inconvenience that you may had during your stay. I would like to let you know that I have re-programed the lock on that room. We do hope to have you all as our guest again soon. If I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to call me any time. Phone number is 901-372-0000 Thanks Leslie.
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

Recently stayed at this property. Overall stay was good, but I am a non-smoker with asthma. My suite was spacious, but I had to purchase an air purifier at a local Wal-mart to help with the heavy smoke odor in the suite. While the whole property is now non-smoking, aparently I got a suite that had previously been a smoking suite. Even my clothes smelled like smoke from hanging in the closet over the three day period. I will try this location on my next monthly trip to Memphis and ask for a room that has always been non-smoking and see if that helps. If not, I will not be able to stay at this property again.

Room Tip: If you are a non-smoker, ask for a room that has never been a smoking room. Apparently the rooms ha...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
BWGalleria, Manager at BEST WESTERN Galleria Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
We would like to thank you for your feedback. I will get that room taken care of as soon as posible. We do look forward to having you as our guest again on your next trip to Memphis. If I can be of any further assitance to you in making reservations please do not hesitate to call. Thank You for chhosing to Stay With People Who Care !!!
Nashville, Tn
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

We needed to stay overnight in Memphis with our two children, ages two and 9 months. We requested a crib upon making our reservation. We arrived around 8pm on Saturday night and they had one employee working in the lobby. There was a line of cars outside waiting to check in and unload luggage. Took 20+ minutes to check in. Very annoying seeing as I needed to put my babies to bed! Then they just wheel out an unassembeled crib. So we are packing 2 kids, our bags, and trying to take this crib up to the 4th floor. I mean it would've taken An employee all of five minutes to have the crib all ready in our room. That would've made the difference to me. It really pissed me off. To the point that I'm writing this bad review and have contacted their customer service dept. I don't know if I will choose to stay at a best western again..

Breakfast "bar" was on the counter in the lobby..also unimpressive...

I will say the room was nice. It had a kitchenette and nice beds & pillows.

• Stayed February 2013
We would like to thank you for for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay. I would like to take this time to apologize for any inconvenience that you may have had during your stay. I do apologize the other front desk clerk that was working that night got sick and had to go home. This is not how things happen I do apologize again for your trouble. It would be my pleasure to make it up to you all. Please call me directly so that we can assure your satisfactions. (901)372-0000 Thank you
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

Good sized room with a single king bed, sofa, in-room refrigerator and microwave. One nice feature was a good sized table, large enough to spread out paperwork and get some work done. Another nice touch was a wireless remote control for the heat/air conditioning unit.

Decent sized flat panel TV, but it was bolted directly onto the wall without a swivel mount. Making it difficult to view anyplace but from the bed.

Breakfast buffet was the usual, muffin, cereal and make your own waffles with some freshly cooked scrambled eggs. Buffet setup was nice and clean and well attended. Lobby was well lighted with lots of tables that we used for some meetings.

Hotel is next to the interstate but fairly quiet in a safe area. Several restaurants within walking distance, lots more within a very short drive. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
BWGalleria, Manager at BEST WESTERN Galleria Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
We would like to thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey about our property. We do look forward to having you as our guest again soon. We do use all surveys to set goals etc. Once again thank you for choosing to Stay With People Who Care !!!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

We were passing through on our way home and just needed a clean comfortable place to sleep. This Best Western delivered. It's in a safe area of town, 100% non-smoking which I LOVE! Our room wasn't real big but very comfortable, clean and met our needs. The staff were friendly, the breakfast had enough variety that we were able to get plenty to eat. I'm a vegetarian so sometimes that can be a challenge. We called to make our reservation rather than booking online, and the rate we were given was less than on the website, SCORE! The hotel is Very close to the hwy. so easy on and off. The proximity did mean lots of traffic noise, but it didn't keep me awake. All in all, a great place to stay.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
BWGalleria, Manager at BEST WESTERN Galleria Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
We certainly thank you for the GREAT feedback that you have given to us. It is good to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We all hope to see you again soon. Once again thank you for choosing to Stay With People Who Care !!