“Excellent hotel and location”

Best Western Plus Galleria Inn & Suites
Ranked #20 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed July 4, 2011

My first time at this hotel. Manager's Special price was phenomenal for the quality room and location of this hotel. Very safe area with easy access on-off I-40, and many good restaurants within walking distance. I will definitely stay here again the next time my travels take me through Memphis.

Room Tip: Check Bestwestern.com for specials.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
BWGalleria, General Manager at Best Western Plus Galleria Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2011

Dear Glenn0448,

Thank you so much for your kind words which I will definitely be sharing with my entire staff. We are glad you liked the hotel and surrounding area and look forward to your return visit to Memphis.

Reviewed July 2, 2011

We became a fan om facebook and got a discounted rate. Our room was big! It was clean too. We always pull out beds and check for pests and we found none. Pull out sofa matress was new but lumpy and uncomfortable fyi. Double beds were soft and nice. Overall it was a good stay breakfast was good and the location was close to everything you could want to see or do. Our rate with facebook friend was $83 plus tax.

• Stayed: June 2011
BWGalleria, General Manager at Best Western Plus Galleria Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2011

Dear OMOFMOM:

Thank you so much for your feedback and kind words. Please note that we do share all of our comments with our entire staff, including front desk, houskeeping, maintenance and breakfast staff. Let us know if there is anything else we can do for you, and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip back to Memphis.

Reviewed June 26, 2011

Rooms were dirty and out of date! Bathroom was not fully cleaned, I had to ask the front desk to come and clean the toilet. They were very unfriendly at the front desk. Then I was concerned because this wasn't the quality service I usually get at Best Western so I contacted the INDIAN manager and he seemed uninterested in resolving any issues. I was here on business and I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
BWGalleria, General Manager at Best Western Plus Galleria Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2011

Dear TheGoodTheBadTheUgly:

I am sorry to hear that you had a not-so-good experience while supposedly staying at our Director's Award winning property. Are you sure it was at our property? Because our front desk log does not have any record of complaints of your magnitude being mentioned in January 2011, nor does my personal ledger which I use to record EVERY guest concern/issue I personally come in contact with. Also, you said the rooms were dated, but we just finished a major guest rooms, public area, breakfast area, and lobby renovation last year. Please also note that our front desk clerks do not leave their stations to go clean guest rooms.

I would still like to help resolve your complaint, but strongly feel that you may have us confused with another hotel. If you would like to personally discuss this matter, I would love to hear from you.

Memphis, TN 38133

Reviewed June 17, 2011

My only suggestion for someone staying at this hotel would be to get a room on the side not next to the interstate.

• Stayed: June 2011

Dear DoxieMom79,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We appreciate your feedback, and look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please let us know.

Best Western Galleria Inn & suites

Reviewed June 16, 2011

Excellent stay. My wife and I had to make very quick hotel arrangements and this turned out to be excellent. She made the registration through priceline and it turned out to be better than we expected. The rooms were very clean and at a great price. It even had a great hot/continental breakfast. Will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Room in the back off the interstate
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

Dear GrayRP,

Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.

We hope to see you again real soon. If there is anything else we can do for you, please let us know.

Reviewed June 16, 2011

Ok let me preface this with a few things... We were just passing through town on our way to Murfreesboro, TN for soccer. We arrived at midnight and I had bid and won this hotel stay on priceline for a winning bid of $42. (I figured for less than an 8 hour stay it was worth that).

We arrived and I was told they only had 5 rooms left so we were getting a single, ok fine I thought to myself, it is no biggie I have been a Priceline user for over 11 years so I understand when you win a bid you are only guaranteed a single but in all honesty we have NEVER not once, not even in NYC and Miami been told, "Sorry Priceline bids are only for singles" but it is whatever I was exhausted and I asked, "Do you have a roll-a-way available?" The front desk clerk at first told me her night janitor took the keys home so she may not be able to check and at that point I thought OK I can go to one of these other hotels around here and just get a double I am ok with loosing $42. Either I looked mad or something because the desk clerk radioed someone and miraculously found the keys. She went to look to see if they had a rollaway and found one but told me it took her longer than normal because the bedding was all damp, OK fine whatever I am exhausted after being in the car for 8 hours it is fine. I went out to get my husband and my daughter and had my husband pay her the additional $15 for the rollaway that she said she could only accept cash for????? She said she couldn't charge it to my room??? Which I thought was more than strange! But again by this time it was 12:30 so we headed up to room 517.

The hallway leading into the room was noisy and there were people yelling in the rooms down the hall from us we could hear them as they passed and my teenage daughter even stated that best quit because I am exhausted. The hallway smelled heavily of cigarette smoke which is by far one of the worst smells in my opinion. Upon arriving to room 517 it was marked "non smoking" how ironic I thought to myself.

The room is definetly a single it is probably 20"x20" with a king size bed crammed in the middle you almost have room to move around. There is a smaller flat screen TV, microwave where the 1st drawer of the dresser should be and a fridge under the vanity which is in the room with the sink. There is a hairdryer and a coffee maker as well.

We squeezed the roll-a-way in and we even joked about it looking like the large bed from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory becuase we were all butted right up against each other. Even this past November we stayed on a Priceline bid in Times Square notorious for small, closet sized rooms and we had a mansion there compared to this room!

It appeared clean until I got into bed and noticed something crawling on the night stand and yes I will admit I freaked out at first because I saw it out of the corner of my eye, upon closer inspection it was a ant. Well lucky us because there were more buddies of his all night even in the bed!!!!!!!!! The next morning I mentioned this to the front desk cleark as I was checking out and getting my receipt for the roll-a-way and she said "ewwww" and wrote something down. I never even got an apology!

There is now way this could even rank at a 2.5 star I have stayed at several 2.5 stars and the service, cleanliness and accomodations were far superior to this.

We will not be back regardless, I was hoping giving Best Western a chance to redeem itself from past poor experiences when traveling with my family in years past, might be the right decision but I prefer to not sleep with ANTS!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank SoccermommaAmie
BWGalleria, General Manager at Best Western Plus Galleria Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2011

Dear Toby0318,
I am truly sorry to hear about your experience during your recent stay at our property. Being an award winning property, we take each and every guest request and/or issue extremely seriously. Please note that even though we do have a few smoking rooms in a certain designated area, I appologize if another guest had smoked in your vicinity which was non-smoking. Also, in regards to the pest issue you had experienced, we do have a commercial contract with a very well know national company that handles our entire hotel interior and exterior, and I have already forwared your comments to my rep for an explanation.

As for your being placed in a single king bed room, Priceline does not guaranty room types, only availibility, thus you were allocated only what was available at the time. Regardless, I would like to win your trust in us and Best Westerns once again. Please contact me at your earliest convenience, so I can make this up to you in any possible way I can.

Nonni Bakshi, GM
info@bestwesternmemphis.com
901.372.0000 x601 office
901.831.8703 mobile

Reviewed May 17, 2011

We have stayed here several times over the past couple of years - this property has always been very clean, the staff very friendly, and the rooms are very clean and neat. The location is super convenient to the Wolfchase Galleria and just about every kind of restaurant.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear LME71,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I will definitely share your feedback with my staff. If there is anything else I can do for you, please let me know.

901.372.0000 x 601