“WALKING IN MEMPHIS”

Super 8 Memphis/Dwtn/Graceland Area
Ranked #90 of 139 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Took the megabus from Atlanta ($5.00) for a long weekend trip to Memphis. Location was a
long walk from bus station, but nice to walk after sitting on a bus for 7 hours. Staff let us check
in early. Basic accomodations with breakfast included. You can't beat the price-$38.00 a night.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 12, 2013

The check in was a bit of a farce, as the duty manager was driving a minibus somewhere, rather than checking customers in. After a 30 minute delay, we finally got our rooms.
Good view of the abandoned military hospital (especially at night, with the chirp of insects) and far enough from the road for there to be no real noise, except the bloody train horns!
Good night sleep and close to interstate for quick getaway the next morning.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

UK traveller: I've stayed in many budget places travelling the USA, mainly motels and hostels and I can 100% say this is the worst I've seen. Stained ceiling and carpet, filthy bath, out of the way compared to other locations. On the plus side staff at the front desk were helpful. I recommend you avoid this motel.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Tried to put me in smoking room
Trains and outside noise louder than what my earplugs could filter out
Dirty disgusting carpet
A large bug on the drapes
The bathroom door had been damaged and painted over several times
Sheets were stained
Lights didn't work
But hey...the bed is reasonably comfortable so I should be fine. I thought...

After driving all day, and about to do so again, I was REALLY looking forward to a hot shower. But the plumbing had been installed incorrectly so one way was scalding hot, the other ice cold. I tried every which way to turn the dial but a mix of the two temps was not possible.

I explained at the counter that it was installed incorrectly and he offered to move me. But I was only staying this one night. When I asked for a refund the manager on duty said he could not do that...that he would find out what was wrong with the room and fix it. I explained I just wanted a comfortable bed and a shower for my stay and I was not able to do that...that the least he should do is refund my money. Again refused and after I said his hotel was a hell hole, he implied this was all my fault with "Then why did you choose our hotel?" Ah...but people before me for some insane reason rated this place as 3 stars! Sorry people...but that is WAY off the mark.

Abandon all hope ye who enter here!

Room Tip: If you must stay here, insist on a room NOT facing the trains. My ear plugs were unable to block th...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 22, 2013

This is my 3rd time staying here. The rooms are decent, sheets and towels are clean, continental breakfast basic, location may seem sketchy but actually it's not bad and well lit and customer service is good. It's not top of the line but it's worth the money you pay. Will return until I experience otherwise.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Reviewed October 21, 2013

My husband and I were going to a comedy show and also planned on spending the night in Memphis. We were looking for a hotel close to the venue and this hotel was kind of close to it. I cannot believe this hotel is still open!!!!! It is in a very remote area and at first look I knew we would not be staying here! I got out of the truck and looked through the window of one of the rooms and it was awful and it had just been cleaned. I don't recommend this hotel to anyone! We got off the parking lot quickly!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple