“you don't even get what you pay for.....”

Super 8 Memphis/Dwtn/Graceland Area
Ranked #86 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
“you don't even get what you pay for.....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

The ice machine on the floor we were on, didn't work, there are an abundance of cobwebs hanging from the ceiling in my room, the cable didn't work until we PUSHED the CORD IN THE BACK OF THE TV!, and the TV was going out!, there were bugs in the tub, we were staying in the residence inn from sat-tue, but we needed a room from 10 p. m. till the morning on Friday going into sat . None of my family bothered to even bathe in this place! i wont be back(to another super8), I had a awful feeling about the super 8, and you made my perception become a nasty bit of reality.

Room Tip: dont stay here!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Waterloo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

did not sleep at all during the night there were people fighting, doors slamming and I was afraid
the averall appearance was old and falling down the walls were missing drywall and the tub was filthy
the bed was the worst bed I have ever slept on my back has been hurting ever since
a/c loud the only good thing was it drown out the people shouting

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Travelers are raving about these Memphis hotels

Saint Clair
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

My room was dirty and falling apart. Broken lamp. Carpet coming up. 1/2" gap under the entry door. Tub faucet leaking for so long it had worn the enamel from the tub were it was running. The painting was dark and gaudy and done poorly with drips everywhere on the fixtures and trim. Same with the ceiling texture. It was all ovet the fixtures and walls.
The only reason I stayed was because the sheets were clean and I didn't see any cock roaches.
I'll sleep in my car before I stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

This place is scary. We needed somewhere cheap to stay to break up a road trip to Alabama and booked this one online, not knowing what we were getting in to. I guess is you like prostitutes trolling the hallways and hanging out at the front desk and a crappy room, then this place is for you. The only bonus could be the in room fridge and microwave- not that we agree staying long enough to use it.

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you value your life
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Belleville, Illinois, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel from 6/7/13-6/9/13. The pool was under construction and not functioning (in June), our room had cracks in the walls, the door to the outside was broken at the bottom allowing extra heat and insects to fly in, 2 power outlets worked out of 10 of them in the room, and housekeeping stole a pillow that I accidentally left in our room after check-out that I called about once I was halfway back home. My husband called about it and the unfriendly manager said he would check with housekeeping and to call back the next day at 9AM. My husband called again and the guy said no one found it, which is crap because whoever cleaned the room took it. We were locked out of our room the 2nd day because the manager only programmed our keys for 1 day instead of 2 days. The pictures on the Super 8 Website look nothing like hotel, which is dirty. The refrigerator in our room did not work. The toilet was hard to flush. The water in the shower kept running after it was shut off. They allow guests in the breakfast area without shoes or appropriate clothing attire, which is unsanitory. I think next time I go to Memphis, I will pay extra for a better hotel that's initials are HI that is closer to everything.

Room Tip: Bring car chargers for electronics.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Watervliet, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

Bad location. NOTHING within eye shot. Crumbling pavement with fresh sticky asphalt slurry patches. Abandoned building across the street with a semi parked in front. No greeting from the surly desk clerk who had a scowl on his face. Although the sign by front counter offered a Beal Street shuttle and other tour transportation, for a fee, he made no mention of that, nor the complimentary breakfast shown on the internet page. He slapped down the room card key, but not in front of me, so it seemed as though he was reluctant to hand it over. Only 2 coat hangers on the clothing rack and a giant 32-inch analog color TV. Pleasant breakfast room with live flowers on the tables but a scanty spread that didn't even include the DIY waffle maker I've become used to seeing in hotels of this caliber.

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo