“ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE.”

Super 8 Memphis/Dwtn/Graceland Area
Ranked #88 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I was in Memphis due to the fact my father being very sick. My family and I were previously staying at Very Nice Hotel off 2nd street north in Memphis. Well, our family had to move from that Nice Hotel all because of this huge COGIC convention and others. Well my family had to drive back to Mississippi because all the hotels in the area were filled. I chose to Stay with my father. I found this motel with a great price and a great location(not far from downtown and the riverfront), Absolutely beautiful (surrounding) area.
Well I made the reservation for 2 nights hoping the convention would be thinning out and rooms would become available. I went to check-in and the place was badly rundown!!!! The lobby is OLD and the front desk workers and the owners were not inviting and Friendly. It seemed to me they had issues with RACE!!!!
Well, after going through initial meet & greet, I retired to my room......UGH!!!!
MY COMPLAINTS---------THE ROOM SMELLED LIKE A SMOKEY TOBACO BAR/CLUB. THE RUGS WERE FILTHY AND IT SMELL AWFUL.... THE LIGHT SWITCH SOME DIDN'T WORK. THE LINEN WAS DINGY AND DIRTY. I HAD AN IMPORTANT PHONE CALL THAT HAD COME INTO THE MOTEL AND THE FRONT DEST ATTENDANT SAID THEY DON'T TRANSFER CALLS AFTER 9PM OR MAYBE IT WAS 11PM. AT ANY RATE, I FEEL IF A PATRIANT STAYS AT YOUR PLACE, YOU SHOULD ACCOMODATE THEM AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. WOW SOMETHING AS SIMPLE AS TRANSFERING A CALL.... IT'S A PUSH OF A BUTTON.
MOTEL 8 AND SUPER 8 AND ALL WHO WILL BE AFILIATED WITH THESE FRANCHISES, I WILL NOT BE GIVING YOU MY BUSINESS EVER IN THIS LIFE IF I CAN AT ALL HELP IT.... I WILL ALSO BE LETTING EVERYONE I COMES IN CONTACT WITH, NOT TO STAY AT ANY OF THESE MOTELS...
TERRIBLE---TERRIBLE---TERRIBLE---TERRIBLE

Room Tip: when making a reservation, take a look at the room that you will be checking before you actually pay...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I have never written a review before but because of all the negative reviews I HAD to write about our stay 10/10.Myself, my two sons and a friend stayed for 9 nights at the motel. After looking at the reviews was slightly concerned as this was our first time in America and wasn't quite sure what motels really were offering or how they ran. Well I must say that I was so glad that we stayed here and definitely would again. First of all the location, the so called 'creepy', run down building was once a hospital for soldiers, not creepy but actually quite a lovely piece or architecture, the motel was located within a park and a grassy area a few steps away from the Mississippi, fabulous for photos. We found a route to walk along the river that took us right to Beale Street. The rooms, yes a bit dated. but were clean and fitted our purpose for a good nights sleep after being out and about all day, the beds were so comfortable and clean. The breakfast was the same each day but we were on holiday and was off out most mornings so quick coffee and a waffle, self made, was suffice. Got to chat to several people passing through and was fascinating to hear different stories about each and everyone. Last but no means least a big THANKYOU to Mike and his wonderful wife and colleagues. As we didnt have a car they shuttled us around not only to Beale Street but to the zoo, to a restaurant miles away so my son could watch a live wrestling,on tv and many other places at a very small charge and picked us up. He is such a great guy and was so helpful. Thanks Mike sorry we never got to eat a curry l. Yes its basic, but if you want to go to a clean, friendly, budget motel, with a good location go there please and say Hi to Mike from us.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank sue5062
Reviewed April 2, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We took a weekend trip to Memphis and found this hotel. It was a nice hotel right on the Mississippi for a $50 a night. The front desk staff was overly helpful. Don't count on room service. Met some others guests that were traveling though at the free self-serve waffle and/or cereal breakfast

When hotels range from $150 to $300 a night in the area, this was a jem of a find. You get what you pay for

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank cmartens01
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Reviewed March 17, 2013

1  Thank Jeffrey A
Reviewed March 15, 2013

first all we didn't have any towels in the room then we finally got some towels and they would disgusting and the room was so small until we can barely get around the air in the room would not stay on so we were extremely hot in the middle of the night the beds are very small to be a queen the walls are very thin we heard people next door for 2 tonight straight in like that at all. Have a good day

1  Thank Anthony C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Memphis
Baymont Inn & Suites Memphis East
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#6 of 19 in West Memphis
Comfort Inn & Suites Airport - American Way

Been to Super 8 Memphis/Dwtn/Graceland Area? Share your experiences!