“Terrible”

Super 8 Memphis/Dwtn/Graceland Area
Ranked #88 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed September 5, 2012

PROS: sorry, there are none.

CONS: Filthy, smelly room; dirty bed; leaky shower, broken towel rail, broken TV, Filthy Microwave.....shall I go on? The worst hotel I have evr stayed in.....and I am not one to complain.

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs, sorry to be blunt.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

I wouldn't recommend this motel to anyone. The chairs were stained, big gap under the door (bugs can get in), stained tub, dirty, dirty, dirty and in a very high crime area or minutes to it. The only "good" thing was that because we checked in at 3am we got a small discount & the bed was comfy. Originally we booked through Hotwire for Saturday 9/1 check in - we were skeptical because of the reviews online & tried to get a refund right away, but couldn't. So, we figured that since we staying there Sat night we'd get the extra night when we rolled in at 3am. Bad idea. My boyfriend went to McDonald's, came back & said we were in a really bad area & we finding another room. Hotwire was good & refunded our money & put us in the Sheraton. DO NOT STAY AT THIS MOTEL!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Save your money this the worse motel I have ever seen. This is a no star motel the tub was dirty and nasty. The small ice box should have been taken out and burn. It was just as bad as the shower look. There was bugs crawing around. The safe look like somone had take a dump on it. They gave you a coffee maker in the room with no coffee. When you call and ask for coffee for the coffee maker they act like you are bothering them. They had a radio in the room but, it do not work.

What a waste of time and money me and my wife would had have a better night sleeping in our car park in the park.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

DONT COME HERE! Its nasty. We had to change to 3 different room. The 1st room had mold in the shower ceiling and it was caving In. The 2nd room the toilet wouldnt flush the bathroom was still dirty the shower walls had build up and the floors, just gross. Parking was horrible, they were 2 close and half the time u couldnt find a parking space u had to park on the street. Raggedy, run down, trashy, old hotel. We couldnt even get clean towels until almost 10pm. If anyone on here say anything good about this place, then obvious a worker/owner of this hotel had to write it. Run dont waste your time. I have so much more to say so just ready the other review cause it true. I will NEVER COME TO THIS HOTEL EVER AGAIN

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 30, 2012

This hotel is very cheap and they offer a nice shuttle service to city center ($3/person). The breakfast served was ok compared to what you find in this range of hotels. We found the rooms not to be as clean as could be expected - and several incidents of bed-bugs were reported.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 26, 2012

This motel is in a shady looking part of town but the alternatives are in the hundreds of dollars. I got a shuttle bus to Beale street for 3 bucks and a taxi back for 10. My room is clean as a whistle and well presented. It's an older building but the presentation and staff attitude is miles ahead of other places I've stayed for a lot more money. No funny smells and the air on works good.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank ozLUFFMAN
Reviewed June 30, 2012

The Super 8 is a budget hotel,the staff are fiendly and helpful and the rooms are comfortable.I have two concerns however.1-It's not downtown or near Gacelands it's isolated.2-The keys access every room (as I found when I accidently walked into someone else's)

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo