All reviewsgreat locationtrolley linebeale stpocket doormain streetwithin walking distancefront streetmud islandcivil rights museumqueen bedfew blockswafflesrooms are smallmississippi riverwould definitely stay here againparking feewaffle maker
Reviewed May 14, 2009

After a week backpacking this place seemed like luxury. 2 comfy double beds - luxury furnishings everywhere. Big tvs etc. Clean etc. Right in the centre of town. Big hotel feel etc.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 12, 2009

I've stayed at this Sleep Inn in downtown Memphis at least three times in the past year. I've also stayed at other hotels downtown and east of the city. Normally I don't expect or get much from Choice Hotels and have stayed at them only when that's all that was available. While the Sleep Inn Memphis' guest rooms are a little small, they are nicely remodeled. The front desk staff has been extremely kind. The hotel is convenient to downtown government and business by foot, without need to move a car from hotel to another downtown parking area.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Webizen
Reviewed April 7, 2009

This hotel was suggested by a person out at Graceland. Since neither one of us had been to Memphis, we thought this was good advice. We called and was able to get reservations. We arrived after eating out, which would of been 8:30 - 9:00. We were greeted by several security people, including one on a bike. We didn't know if something had happened to bring them out or if they were regulars for Saturday nights. One of the security people guided us to a non parking spot and told us to park there. The parking was a little out of control, we presumed the hotel was full. Once we went in to register, we found out that the parking is like that all the time, they charge each customer $12 whether you have valet service or not. They share the parking with another hotel, and both hotels charge. This was my first experience for something like this. What a scam!!!
Besides this little incident, I found the room very big and comfortabe. We had two very comfortable beds, great TV on the wall, didn't really care for the sliding door between the shower/toilet room and the rest of the room. I like the sink with my shower area.
I didn't care for the vending/ice machines only on the 2nd, 4th, and 6th floors. I was staying on the 6th floor, went to get a sprite out of the vending machine. This machine was not working, so I went to the 4th floor to get my drink, another vending machine not working. Had to go to the 2nd floor where it was working. Sad to see 2 out of three machines were not working. The night manager wasn't even aware of the status of the machines on 4 and 6. I ice machines did work on all three floors.
The continental breakfast was very good, I enjoyed the additional fruit they had, compared to others I have seen with no fruit. They had some one on duty the entire time we had our breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank dendonmo
Reviewed April 6, 2009

The internet is extremely, terribly, SLOW
there are no movie rentals on the TVs
no room service.
the gym has two tread mills (thats IT)
front desk at various time are RUDE!
house keeping would love to skip over you room.
consturcution is noisey

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed March 20, 2009

We spent two days in Memphis on our way to Mardi Gras in NOLA. We had not made an advance reservation electing to find a place once we got to Memphis. Most of the downtown hotels were booked and we went to the Comfort only to find one small room available. They were kind enough to call their sister hotel, the Sleep Inn, only a block away and got a room for us. It was a beautiful room with a very comfortable bed and my husband loved the location near the trolley. The trolley stopped behind our hotel and we loved riding down to Beale St and sight seeing on the trolley. We were within walking distance to a great cafe recommended by the staff, the Blue Plate, and enjoyed breakfast there instead of the continental at the hotel. This hotel is newly renovated and is awesome. The staff was wonderful too. We got our room for $99 and it was comparable to the $149 room we stayed in at a new Hampton in Wisconsin last year. This was our first stay at a Sleep Inn but it won't be our last. We booked while we were there for the BBQ festival in May. We go through Memphis once or twice a year and usually stay on the outskirts of town but we won't anymore. This is a jewel!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple