“Good”

Sleep Inn at Court Square
Ranked #10 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Have enjoyed the hotel when I roll through Memphis. WiFi has been really spotty for me every time I stay here. If there is any consistency, it's that the wifi could be a lot better. I travel through Memphis a few times a year and its important that the hotels I stay at have solid and dependable wifi. The rooms have been nice and clean when I stay here. The price is fairly good. Not to far from Beale st..

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jesse S

Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

I come to Memphis a lot in a year and this is my favorite place to stay! Always clean and extremely comfortable beds. Staff is always friendly and helpful. Location is perfect, we like to walk around rather than drive.

I always look forward to staying here and my next Memphis trip!! Ok can't wait!! Soon!!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank TheoneandonlyOmo
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights in march 2013. Had a great time. Great staff, room , and location. Walking distance to all important areas including Beale St. If you choose not to walk there is a trolley right out the back door. 1 dollar per person anywhere. Oh yeah, really clean and a nice complimentary breakfast. Will come back.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bonnie A
Reviewed March 16, 2013

This is a well situated hotel. Being in the centre of town, you can walk almost anywhere from here.

Right out the back door are the vintage trolleys (trams/streetcars) that transport you around Memphis in style, taking you to most of the major attractions in town.

The rooms are well-decorated and above what I would expect from a mid-range hotel.

The bed is comfortable, the shower is good: these two things are make or break for me!

There's a good desk and chair, however, it's right underneath the TV, so if you work and watch like I do, it can give you a crick in the neck ;)

The best bit is what's concealed inside the wardrobe: fridge, microwave, coffee maker, iron & board and safe. A very efficient use of space.

Breakfast in the morning is above average with hot food and the usual suspects.

There is parking out front, but it costs $12/night. It's pretty hard to get a park otherwise, so factor that in if you are driving.

Shannon at morning reception was an absolute delight and Michael, a reassuring presence at night.

I stayed here twice in one week and was very happy to do so.

I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I had end of hallway rooms (I stayed twice) and I recommend them for being quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank ThePackedBag
gmsleepinnmemphis, General Manager at Sleep Inn at Court Square, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thank you for the kind words expressed in your review about the Sleep Inn at Court Square, and especially about Shannon and Michael! We share all comments with our staff, who look forward to seeing what our guests are saying about their stay. We hope you have safe travels and look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you to Memphis.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

When I saw that I had to stay at a Sleep Inn, I was upset but when I checked in, I was pleasantly surprised. Although the front desk agents were yelling across the lobby to coworkers, they were joking and laughing and genuinely seemed to be happy which made for a somewhat pleasant check-in after not sleeping that night. The room was well apportioned but the bathroom was minuscule. The view was terrible, I was stuck on the second floor and right behind the hotel sign so outside my window was just a blank wall about three feet away. Overall the hotel was quiet and clean and a rare surprise for a Sleep Inn.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank JeffreyChandler

The staff of the Sleep Inn at Court Square appreciate your positive comments about your overall stay while you were in Memphis. They are disappointed that they were not able to move you to a differant room with a better view, especially for the length of your stay. We try to accommodate all guest requests, as well as providing the first available ready room type to check-in to, upon arrival. We hope you enjoyed your stay in Memphis, and look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

If you are looking for a clean room, located within walking distance of most downtown Memphis attractions, and great service, you can't go wrong with Sleep Inn in downtown Memphis. I was very surprised at this hotel. It is clean from the inside to the outside. The lobby area is very inviting.
The closest I came to any problem would be at check in. There was just lots going on in the lobby at 7:30 pm on a Friday night. There were three people ahead of me to check in the phone was ringing off the wall and there was towels needed by someone. Ima was working the desk that night and she handled everything as professionally as possible I did a great job. I waited about 15 minutes to check in but it wasn't a problem for me at all.
The room was great, clean and had a very comfy bed. The next time I am staying downtown Memphis the Sleep Inn will be at the top of my list for places to stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bo W

We look forward to your return visit to the Sleep Inn at Court Square, and Memphis! Ima does a terrific job here, and we are glad to have her with us. I am sorry you had to wait to get checked-in that Friday evening. In speaking with Ima, it happend to be everything at once. Her co-worker and herself, determined it was quiet enough to go on break. I appreciate your patience and understanding.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

My company put me up here for work. The rooms are well updated. The beds/linens/pillows were very comfortable. It's walkable to many of the attractions downtown, and the streetcar is right outside the door. I did hear it every now and then, but it didn't interfere with my sleep.
The "breakfast" was not good. It was very crowded (nowhere to sit), with a school group most days I was there, and the offerings were unappealing, and not replenished often.
The front desk staff was friendly enough, but not very helpful. I called to let them know my bathroom ceiling was leaking, and let them know when they asked about my stay at checkout. They seemed unconcerned, and unapologetic.
It's a fine place to get a good night's sleep. In terms of value for service, you get what you pay for!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank LiliKB
gmsleepinnmemphis, General Manager at Sleep Inn at Court Square, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

I appreciate your kind words about our hotel rooms, beds, and the friendliness of our staff. I am dissappointed to hear that the staff wasn't very helpful, that is not the norm for my staff. As for breakfast, I am sorry that you weren't able to find anywhere to sit, our breakfast attendant takes pride her area and in maintaining the breakfast foods.