All reviewsgreat locationtrolley linebeale stpocket doormain streetwithin walking distancefront streetmud islandcivil rights museumqueen bedfew blockswafflesrooms are smallmississippi riverwould definitely stay here againparking feewaffle maker
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Good reasonable price hotel in Memphis, within 10 minute walk of Beale St. If that's too far, tram stop is right outside the door and costs $1 per trip.

Hotel was clean and well kept with comfortable beds and a decent basic breakfast. Room was on the small size but adequate for two (king bed). Parking was additional $12
per night.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed January 25, 2012

Stayed here as part of a prearranged tour for 2 nights. The hotel's pretty easy to find and has a large covered entrance so unloading luggage wasn't a problem. I was given a twin room on the 1st floor (2nd floor if you're from the US) although I was on my own. The rooms are fairly spacious, I had a wardrobe with built in fridge and safe, plus an iron and ironing board in it, along with plenty of space to hang clothes. The WiFi throughout the hotel was pretty good but there was also a cable to connect any laptops in the room. The desk area was large enough if you wanted to work and the flatscreen TV was pretty large and had good signal.

The beds were really comfy, I could hear the noise of the trams/trolleys on the street (when they honked) but they stop around 11ish I think so this wasn't an issue. Also didn't hear any noise from the corridors or lifts so had a great night's sleep. The fitness centre was just down the hall and had a selection of cardio machines (1 x treadmill, 1 x bike, 1 x cross-trainer/elliptical) along with a TV screen. Some of our group did laundry in the hotel next door, so these facilities are available.

The bathroom was compact but had a large shower cubicle, with plenty of hot water and good pressure. The sink was separate to the bathroom (like many American hotels) and there was an additional mirror above the desk. The room also had ample towels (even for 2, let alone 1). The complimentary breakfast was great, there were bagels, pastries, toast, a waffle iron, breakfast burgers, scrambled egg and fruit as well as tea/coffee and juices.

The hotel backs on to the main street and you can get the tram/trolley from there to take you up to the National Civil Rights Museum or Beale Street - there's a security door right onto that street too. As it was a flat walk, I walked to Beale Street in about 8 minutes and on to the Civil Rights Museum in about 15-20 mins. You also get a nice view of the Mississippi and Arkansas from the other side of the hotel, or across the street in the park.

Overall, would definitely stay here again due to the great facilities and the hotel's location.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank TheLush101
Reviewed January 18, 2012

This is the second time that I've stayed at this hotel. The first time there was a little confusion regarding check in, but this time everything went smoothly. Upon arrival the front desk was ready with all my key packets. Their security guard assisted my bus driver with parking the bus (adjacent to the hotel). The lobby is lovely with modern decor and a high ceiling. There is a comfy seating area across from the front desk. I elected to sleep in past breakfast hours, but the hotel does offer a complimentary breakfast. There is a business center on the lobby level. The property also has a fitness center on the second floor. I cannot comment on the fitness center at the Sleep Inn because I didn't visit it. If you're a guest at the Sleep Inn and require a bigger gym, the Courtyard by Marriott next door allows you to use their gym free of charge and it is quite lovely. Many pieces of cardio equipment and weights. You can definitely get a good work out in to burn off some of the delicious BBQ you will be having in Memphis. OH! Speaking of BBQ, you are within walking distance to Beal Street. So no need to worry about driving after a couple of beers and some ribs. If you need to do laundry there's another hotel next to the Sleep Inn that will allow you to use their laundry facilities (the name of the hotel escapes me at the moment). If you're a gambler, Tunica is within a half hour drive. I visited the Harrah's and it was a lot of fun. Every casino has a buffet, but the Harrah's has a Paula Dean Buffet. Because of time constraints I wasn't able to eat there, but I'm sure it was delicious! My room was very comfortable. I was upgraded to a suite, so there was a living room and separate bedroom. The decor was modern, new and clean. My bed was extremely comfortable. Crisp white linens and many pillows. There was a flat screen tv in both the living room and bedroom. My suite had bathrooms that both had shower stalls. I enjoyed the shower stall very much. The water pressure was perfect. (If you're a bath taker let the hotel know so they place you in a room with a tub. That being said I'm not sure if the Sleep Inn has tubs, but it doesn't hurt to ask). The vanity for the bathroom was in the bedroom. I don't have a problem with that but I figured it was worth the mention. If you're a manager looking to book your group at this hotel, it is walking distance to the Orpheum Theatre. One note about Memphis. There were many homeless people on the street. If you're wandering about, try to bring a friend along or travel in a group. Many people in my group encountered peddlers and some aggressive homeless people. There weren't any major issues, just situations of annoyance. Altogether I really enjoy staying at the Sleep Inn. It's walking distance to the Orpheum, restaurants and bar. It's very clean and the staff if helpful and courteous. I'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you can splurge request a suite. I enjoyed my room very much.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank cmjosesolivan
Reviewed December 22, 2011

This hotel is a hidden gem. Don't let the Sleep Inn name fool you. This gem is in a great location, excellent staff and has more amenities than others in the area. I was extremely impressed. The beds are comfortable, and I got some great sleep. The huge flatscreen is a big perk. They offer wireless internet and have more plugs for your all your chargers. Don't miss this hotel in Memphis.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Reggie H
Reviewed December 15, 2011

We chose the Sleep Inn for it's location within walking distance of Beale Street. We were amazed at the in-room facilities for the price we paid. The fridge, microwave & coffee maker in the room were welcome additions and complimentary breakfast was also a bonus. Excellent standard of decor and service.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends