“Wonderful Stay”

Sleep Inn at Court Square
Ranked #10 of 139 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed October 23, 2011

My stay at this Sleep Inn was awesome!!!
Stayed in a king suite room that had two bathrooms and separate sitting area with sofa sleeper. The decor of the room was very modern and beautiful. The staff was friendly. Trolley stops in front of hotel. Great area to enjoy downtown activities!!!

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank sojournie

Reviewed October 18, 2011

I stayed here 3 nights at the end of September. I came by taxi at 7 a.m. from the Amtrak station. I was prepared to just leave my bag to the luggage room and come back at check-in time 3 p.m. But the nice lady at the front desk - without me even asking - checked me in immediately. I was even offered free breakfast. A good start for an on overall pleasant stay.

As has been stated in the reviews the location is excellent. One of the reasons I chose Court Square area was that AVIS Downtown is situated nearby at 224 Madison St. I made the short walk to rent a car after checking out from Sleep Inn.

Room Tip: For a quiet room ask one from the side not facing the trolley line.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Musketeer5
Reviewed October 10, 2011

This was our second time staying at this hotel. We come down each year for Beale St. festival. This hotel has a good location its approx a 5 min walk to Beale St. The hotel is nice and clean. If you are looking for something with all the bells and whistles this is not the place for you. You can expexct a nice clean room in a good location. We did the super value room which is a room that is about a third smaller than a regular room and it was just fine. We saved a few bucks and all we wanted was a clean room to sleep in and a nice hot shower and it covered all of those. I would recommend this hotel to most people.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank myrtlebeach39
Reviewed October 5, 2011

Located in the heart of Memphis within walking distance of the city centre and only a few tram stops from other locations. This is a modern, well-equipped hotel offering great value and good quality accommodation.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Silver70s
Reviewed August 27, 2011

We stay in hotels 2 to 3 times a week for work, this was a mini vacation and the Sleep Inn at Court Square was one of the most beautiful most comfortable hotels we have stayed in, The 2 room suite we stayed in was so very comfortable, beautiful decor, comfortable bed, very nice staff, absolutly wonderful. We did not want to leave and will stay here any time we are in Memphis. Lots of close restaurants within walking distance.

Room Tip: The room was beautiful and the bed was glorious.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank msds12
Reviewed August 26, 2011

Overall, my stay at the Sleep Inn & Suites on North Front Street was very good. I typically prefer to stay with the Hilton brand, but decided to try this hotel based on a colleague's recommendation and its rating on Trip Advisor. I wouldn't mind staying here again, I just wasn't "blown away." It is a great place for the price! If you are on a per diem rate trip or trying to go on the cheap, stay here. You'll get a great value for the price.

Some Pros: Awesome location; very friendly and courteous staff at check in and check out; room amenities very nice and clean; I thoroughly enjoyed the bed and the linens; free Wall Street Journal available as opposed to the typical USA Today;

Some Cons: The free breakfast didn't meet my expectations based on other free breakfasts I have received at other establishments as there wasn't any hot food other than the "make your own" waffle station. Honestly, the coffee was terrible too. However, don't let the breakfast turn you away. I was hoping for a little better workout area. This one was not much larger than a big closet, although the equipment was newer. My room was on the Main Street Side and the passing trolley certainly wasn't quiet!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 3, 2011

I frequently need to be in Memphis on business. The Sleep Inn provides all the necessary things I need at a reasonable price...a comfortable bed, free internet, and a nice complimentary breakfast in the morning. It is right off one of the trolley loops which can take you to many attractions in downtown Memphis. A perfect fit!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business