“Not a bad hotel”

Ranked #34 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Lansing, Kansas
“Not a bad hotel”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

They were working on the looking granite when we arrived and I thought oh boy...a bunch of noise. That was certainly not the case. The staff were extremely friendly, the rooms were very clean, the hotel is a little small but it met the needs of my family while we were on Spring break. I wish they would have 2 TV's in the room but it was very clean so I can't complain

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
TMIHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Memphis East/Galleria, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Grace O,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed a clean room and our friendly staff. Please come back and stay with the SpringHill Suites Memphis East Galleria again soon.

Tonya M.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here one night for business a few weeks ago. The property has been recently renovated. My room was in great condition, but the a/c could have cooled the room a little better. The staff was very friendly, especially the housekeepers. A good stay overall.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear T0urbill0n,
Thank you for reviewing the SpringHill Suites Memphis East Galleria. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed a clean room and friendly staff. We hope to see you again soon.

Jackson, Tennessee
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Beautiful hotel..the room was gorgeous and spacious. Definitely coming back. I came for one night but I will be back and bring my boys next time. I did not eat breakfast but the staff was excellent. A great hidden treasure in Memphis.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank keetat
TMIHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Memphis East/Galleria, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear Keetat,
Thank you for your kind review of the SpringHill Suites Memphis East Galleria. I'm glad to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your return.

Helena, Arkansas
Reviewed March 8, 2014

I loved this hotel!! The General Manager was very friendly and went out of her way to make us feel comfortable!! We stay at hotels often and the breakfast was the best so far!!! Great job SpringHill Suites Memphis East/Galleria!! I wish other hotels would follow your example of real customer service!!

Room Tip: Great location! Great breakfast! Comfortable rooms!! Great staff!!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Trina B
TMIHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Memphis East/Galleria, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear Trina B,
Thank you so much for letting others know about the wonderful experience you had at our SpringHill Suites Memphis East Galleria! We pride ourselves on providing our guests with exceptional service. I'm glad to know that we did just that. We look forward to another visit!

Winter Springs, Florida
Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

There are many nice things about this hotel but the feature that stands out most is the staff. When learning that we were in town for a funeral, Tanya, the general manager, offered to bring cookies to our room while we were waiting for visitation to begin. The housekeeping staff was very thorough and at check in, the front desk associate was very flexible and considerate of our needs. Such southern hospitality isn't the norm everywhere. Thank you!

Stayed February 2014
TMIHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Memphis East/Galleria, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear Rebecca G,
Thank you for your kind words about our staff. We appreciate you taking the time to share your story with others, especially during this difficult time. I will be sure to share your review with my entire staff as it will mean a lot to them. I hope that if you find yourself back in town, you will once again return to the SpringHill Suites Memphis East Galleria.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed February 14, 2014

The staff of this hotel was impressive, even to me, a 50-something Southerner who grew up in this culture. Let me give you 2 examples that immediately come to mind ....

Jasmine greeted me with a nod and friendly smile from behind the front desk, as she calmly answered questions to the caller on the phone tucked under her chin. She steadily recorded notes about the caller's need for a group of rooms at a future date. She asked the caller questions about his exact needs and the suitability of certain rooms at SpringHill, and she never seemed rushed with the caller as she grinned reassuringly to me. I was not in a hurry, and she seemed highly proficient in her skilled handling of the prospective guest. (I later found out she's only been there 3 months!) At my turn, she took the same calm, courteous approach for meeting my needs, and when I apologized for not having my Rewards # -- I'd call it down later -- she calmly turned to the computer, saying, "Oh no, I can look it up for you right here...." See? She never rushed, and she was eager to assist in any way to make my check-in process go smoothly and conveniently for me. That was one less thing for me to worry about during my stay, thanks to her willingness to go a bit of an extra distance -- despite her workload managing the front desk alone.

In the second example, I overheard Mary, the breakfast setup staff member, talking to a morning guest. "Is this coffee freshly brewed? he asked. Hands full carrying something else, Mary honestly replied, "No, but I have more brewing in the back that I'll be bringing out in a few minutes." "That's ok," he said as he turned away. "I can't wait on it, this morning, but thanks." And, without missing a beat, and pausing only a moment in her footsteps toward the kitchen, she cordially offered, "You don't really have to wait for the whole pot to finish. I'll be happy to get you a cup right now and bring it out to you." Now, you know, anyone who has been setting up breakfast for about 100+ guests should be pretty swamped with things to attend to, but Mary, well, she just knew the value of a cup of coffee to this guest.

I found everything else excellent or very good, but the staff -- impeccable in their attitude to make your stay perfect. Kudos!

C.Harp, Feb, 2014

Room Tip: I loved my room on the first floor -- right around the corner from the front desk. No elevator nois...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Memphis East/Galleria, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear CGHarp,
Thank you for your kind review of the SpringHill Suites Memphis East Galleria. I'm so glad to hear that my amazing staff was helpful and friendly. I appreciate you letting me know about their dedication, and will pass along your comments to Jasmine and Mary. Please come back and see us again soon.

Jonesboro, Arkansas
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed in this hotel several times over the years. This hotel has been updated and looks very nice. The rooms are clean and beds are comfortable. The sink area is very small but is separate from the bathroom which is decent size. This hotel has indoor pool and hot tub. The hot tub however was not hot. The staff was very friendly!

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Allstarbaseballmom
TMIHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Memphis East/Galleria, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear Allstarbaseballmom,
We appreciate your feedback. I'm glad you found our beds comfortable and staff friendly. Please come back and see us soon!

Regards,
Tonya M.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Memphis
Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East/Galleria
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Memphis-Wolfchase Galleria
Hyatt Place Memphis/Wolfchase Galleria
Hampton Inn and Suites Memphis - Wolfchase Galleria
La Quinta Inn & Suites Memphis Wolfchase
Hilton Garden Inn Memphis/Wolfchase Galleria

Been to SpringHill Suites Memphis East/Galleria? Share your experiences!