“Stay at SpringHill Suites Memphis East/Galleria”

SpringHill Suites Memphis East/Galleria
Ranked #40 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed March 8, 2014

I loved this hotel!! The General Manager was very friendly and went out of her way to make us feel comfortable!! We stay at hotels often and the breakfast was the best so far!!! Great job SpringHill Suites Memphis East/Galleria!! I wish other hotels would follow your example of real customer service!!

Room Tip: Great location! Great breakfast! Comfortable rooms!! Great staff!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Trina B
TMIHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Memphis East/Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Dear Trina B,
Thank you so much for letting others know about the wonderful experience you had at our SpringHill Suites Memphis East Galleria! We pride ourselves on providing our guests with exceptional service. I'm glad to know that we did just that. We look forward to another visit!

There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Memphis East/Galleria

Reviewed February 25, 2014

There are many nice things about this hotel but the feature that stands out most is the staff. When learning that we were in town for a funeral, Tanya, the general manager, offered to bring cookies to our room while we were waiting for visitation to begin. The housekeeping staff was very thorough and at check in, the front desk associate was very flexible and considerate of our needs. Such southern hospitality isn't the norm everywhere. Thank you!

Stayed: February 2014
TMIHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Memphis East/Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Dear Rebecca G,
Thank you for your kind words about our staff. We appreciate you taking the time to share your story with others, especially during this difficult time. I will be sure to share your review with my entire staff as it will mean a lot to them. I hope that if you find yourself back in town, you will once again return to the SpringHill Suites Memphis East Galleria.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

The staff of this hotel was impressive, even to me, a 50-something Southerner who grew up in this culture. Let me give you 2 examples that immediately come to mind ....

Jasmine greeted me with a nod and friendly smile from behind the front desk, as she calmly answered questions to the caller on the phone tucked under her chin. She steadily recorded notes about the caller's need for a group of rooms at a future date. She asked the caller questions about his exact needs and the suitability of certain rooms at SpringHill, and she never seemed rushed with the caller as she grinned reassuringly to me. I was not in a hurry, and she seemed highly proficient in her skilled handling of the prospective guest. (I later found out she's only been there 3 months!) At my turn, she took the same calm, courteous approach for meeting my needs, and when I apologized for not having my Rewards # -- I'd call it down later -- she calmly turned to the computer, saying, "Oh no, I can look it up for you right here...." See? She never rushed, and she was eager to assist in any way to make my check-in process go smoothly and conveniently for me. That was one less thing for me to worry about during my stay, thanks to her willingness to go a bit of an extra distance -- despite her workload managing the front desk alone.

In the second example, I overheard Mary, the breakfast setup staff member, talking to a morning guest. "Is this coffee freshly brewed? he asked. Hands full carrying something else, Mary honestly replied, "No, but I have more brewing in the back that I'll be bringing out in a few minutes." "That's ok," he said as he turned away. "I can't wait on it, this morning, but thanks." And, without missing a beat, and pausing only a moment in her footsteps toward the kitchen, she cordially offered, "You don't really have to wait for the whole pot to finish. I'll be happy to get you a cup right now and bring it out to you." Now, you know, anyone who has been setting up breakfast for about 100+ guests should be pretty swamped with things to attend to, but Mary, well, she just knew the value of a cup of coffee to this guest.

I found everything else excellent or very good, but the staff -- impeccable in their attitude to make your stay perfect. Kudos!

C.Harp, Feb, 2014

Room Tip: I loved my room on the first floor -- right around the corner from the front desk. No elevator nois...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Memphis East/Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Dear CGHarp,
Thank you for your kind review of the SpringHill Suites Memphis East Galleria. I'm so glad to hear that my amazing staff was helpful and friendly. I appreciate you letting me know about their dedication, and will pass along your comments to Jasmine and Mary. Please come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed in this hotel several times over the years. This hotel has been updated and looks very nice. The rooms are clean and beds are comfortable. The sink area is very small but is separate from the bathroom which is decent size. This hotel has indoor pool and hot tub. The hot tub however was not hot. The staff was very friendly!

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Allstarbaseballmom
TMIHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Memphis East/Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Dear Allstarbaseballmom,
We appreciate your feedback. I'm glad you found our beds comfortable and staff friendly. Please come back and see us soon!

Regards,

Reviewed December 20, 2013

From the moment we walked in the front door, your lovely staff took care of us. We had a spacious, very clean room. All the comforts of a home away from home. There were snacks for us and the kids provided by the hotel. Extra towels and forgotten toothbrush dilemmas were easily solved. We were always treated with respect and courtesy. I appreciated the breakfast buffet. We were greeted with kindness by the nice woman who took care of the food. My ninety-two year old grandma stayed in extreme comfort. This meant so much to our family. I have stayed at several hotels across our country. This one rates up at the top. Anyone who stays here should be very pleased. Thank you and keep up the wonderful job!

Room Tip: Lower level rooms are very spacious and easy to share between family members.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Starla B
TMIHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Memphis East/Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2013

Dear Starla B,
Thank you for reviewing the SpringHill Suites Memphis East. I'm so glad that my friendly staff took care of you and your family! I will share your comments with them at our next meeting, they will be delighted. Please come back and see us the next time you are in Memphis.

Warm regards,

Reviewed November 30, 2013

I stopped here on a family visit. I got a good rate, a nice part of town, and the place is really good. Clean, quiet, courteous staff, what more could you ask for. For the first time ever, even my online request for extra pillows was taken care of.
This Springhill Suites has been here for some time. I used to come here with my son many years ago. Unlike some places, the management has kept up with maintenance and decoration. This hotel is well worth the money and very comfortable.
There are many restaurants in the area and this hotel does serve a hot breakfast that is better than just a sweet roll and coffee.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank tnreb
TMIHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Memphis East/Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Dear Tnreb,
Thank you so very much for the AWESOME review. I am glad to hear that the staff treated you well, and that your requests were granted prior to your arrival. Please visit The Springhill Suites East Galleria the next time you are in the Memphis area.

Tonya M

Reviewed November 20, 2013

On a business trip I stayed 2 nights at this hotel. Very spacious room with sofa, desk, flat screen tv, refrigerator, and king size bed. Close to many restaurants within walking distance. Safe area. Quiet hotel. Staff courteous and professional and went extra mile to ensure pleasant stay. Snacks/beverages available at front desk. Complimentary breakfast....sausage, eggs, cereal, breads/bagels, milk, juice and coffee. Paper provided daily. Free wifi and internet cafe.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
TMIHospitality, Manager at SpringHill Suites Memphis East/Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Dear GrandmaBirdie,
Thank you for your kind review of the SpringHill Suites Memphis East. I'm thrilled to hear that my staff went the extra mile to make you comfortable. I'm also glad you were able to enjoy many of our amenities. Please come back and see us the next time you are in the area.

Tonya M.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Memphis
Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis East/Galleria
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Memphis-Wolfchase Galleria
Hampton Inn and Suites Memphis - Wolfchase Galleria
Extended Stay America - Memphis - Wolfchase Galleria
Hilton Garden Inn Memphis/Wolfchase Galleria
La Quinta Inn & Suites Memphis Wolfchase

Been to SpringHill Suites Memphis East/Galleria? Share your experiences!