“Great value!”

Ranked #28 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Evansville, IN
“Great value!”
Reviewed January 20, 2009

We booked this hotel on priceline at $70 per night. For the money this was a terrific value. The staff was helpful and friendly. The room was very clean. Very updated appointments, and convenient to everything downtown. No continental breakfast. No free parking.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
Huntsville
Reviewed January 19, 2009

So, the girlfriend and I decided we needed a weekend away.......I jumped on Priceline and submitted an offer and received conformation that I now had a room booked the the Crowne Plaza. Having never heard of it I did a little research and my quest brought me to this site. After reading the reviews I must say I was pretty apprehensive about staying there. I read about dirty rooms, unfriendly staff and even broken elevators.
I will simply cut right to the chase. We were checked in by one of the nicest people I have ever met, taken care of immediately and put in a super clean, very nice room with a flat screen TV. Oh and by the way, we rode an elevator that worked just fine. We hopped the trolley, there is a stop on the other side of the Marriot right across the street and headed downtown for a great night. After a full night we jumped in a cab and rode back for like 5 dollars. The next morning was so nice we went for a walk back downtown ......right now let me give a plug for the best breakfast place ever........its called the Blue Plate Diner......just a few blocks from Beale street. We could have taken the trolley again but it was just too nice and we saw lots of neat places along the way. Just walk the sidewalks that parallel the trolley. Anyway, I could continue but I hope my point is made. Great hotel, great service, we could not believe how bad some of the reviews were but we were thrilled. Oh and did I mention the best part.....we got the room for only $75 plus tax!! Enjoy!!

• Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank gilly2u
Chicago
Reviewed January 19, 2009

My family and I recently visited Memphis for the annual Liberty Bowl game and had a chance to stay at the Crowne Plaza. I had read previous reviews and was not very impressed with the hotel. To much of our surprise the facilty was extremely clean and the staff was exceptional. I have returned to Memphis again but for business this time and have decided to stay at the Crowne Plaza Memphis again. I was recongnized as a return guest upon check-in and provided with the same exceptional service as before. I recommend the hotel to anyone that visits Memphis.

• Liked — Location and service
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank Candycane00
Tennessee
Reviewed January 13, 2009

My family and I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Memphis earlier this month and had a wonderful experience. Check in was a breeze with very friendly people. I asked about local things to do and see and was provided with a vast array of options for my family. The room was clean and very comfortable. The Crowne Plaza Sleep Advantage amenities were a nice touch. Breakfast in the restaurant was nice and the staff there was just as friendly and helpful as at check in. The hotel was convenient to Beale Street and Graceland. I highly recommend staying at this hotel when you visit Memphis.

Stayed January 2009
1 Thank rcjc4900
red bud il
Reviewed November 16, 2008

Motorcycle trip with another couple for the purpose of visiting Graceland---the hotel was fine although it was under remodel (much needed) in certain areas---clean comfortable room, friendly staff---was a bit overpriced considering for the same amount $ we could have stayed at a Holiday Inn with hot tub & kitchenette in room. Otherwise great location for downtown touring. Had surveillance on fenced in lower level parking and upper garage important to us 'bike' riders.

• Liked — the pillows were extremely comfortable---would have loved to brought them home
  • Disliked — nothing really disappointing about our stay
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank 3bikerbabes
NJ, USA
Reviewed November 1, 2008

I stayed there for 2 nights with a tour group. It was fine, most of the staff was helpful and friendly. The hotel needs some imporving and I would've prefered the Marriott across the street much better.

My room was fine, comfortable, & clean. One elevator was still broken, so that does cause a delay going to/from your room. There is a service elevator available through the door next to the general elevators - use that if needed. The staff didn't mind us riding with them.

The service at the restaurant, which isn't much of a restaurant, was very slow and the food average at best. Only eat there if you are too tired to go out. The morning "buffet" breakfast we had was minimum and the staff is slow to get you silverware, coffee, and to replace the food itens. They do say that things move slower in the south, but the staff was friendly. It would save the staff and make the guests happier if they just had silverware on the table or in a basket instead of having to wait.

They have an outdoor pool right outside of the lobby. There is a fitness room on the 11th floor, it's pretty basic but it is 24 hours with access using your room key. They have 2 pcs in the lobby with free internet access, which is great.

Like a previous review, do NOT walk to/from Beal St at night. It's not safe. Take a taxi or walk through the Marriott across the street and take the Trolley. You can buy a round trip ticket for $1.50 inside the Marriott (according to the Trolley driver). There is also a Catholic Church right across the street from the Crowne Plaza - otherwise there's not much else around. Around Beal St is the place to be which great food & music.

• Liked — Free Internet in the lobby
  • Disliked — Elevator broken & restaurant isn't good.
  • Stayed October 2008
1 Thank JoeytravelerNJ
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed October 23, 2008

I am really not sure what the bad reviews of this hotel are about... maybe something has recently changed dramatically, but I found this place fantastic! My room was great - amazing bed, great shower, beautiful furnishings, and free wireless! Great location right off the interstate with reasonable self-parking, really convenient. Everyone I dealt with was super-friendly, I find this is usually the case in Memphis. I will definitely stay here again and would recommend this hotel to anyone, One elevator was under repair still, but I did not experience any delay getting to my room, people need to get a grip!

• Liked — The quality of the room and the location.
  • Disliked — Really nothing.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business