$108
$110
$106
$102
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $125/night.

$159
$172
$165
Hampton.com
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $211/night.

$85
$77
Madison Hotel(Memphis)
$127
$117
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $138/night.

1,489 results
All reviewsfree shuttleshuttle servicebeale streethotel shuttleconvention centerrestaurant staffparking feefront desk staffmemphis downtownthe room was nicenew orleanssun studioscleoginatrolleyvaletgraceland
Reviewed June 4, 2008

After seeing the write-up on Wyndham Gardens hotel we were wondering what type of hotel we had been booked into. With a name change and re-furbishment we need not have worried.
The Crowne Plaza is an excellent hotel to stay . It is a 10 minute trolly bus ride from Beale Street and hussel and bussle - who wants that 24/7 anyway?!
Staff, rooms, and facilities were excellent. The staff most helpful and obliging. I required a fridge for ice packs due to a medical condition - this was supplied within 10 minutes of asking.
The use of free internet connection is helpful. Gym and pool
were both of a high standard.
Only two points could be made which spoilt this other excellent
hotel:
1 $10 to park the car should not apply to residents
2 Breakfasts are expensive - cheaper to catch the trolly bus
and eat downtown.
Donnot request an early morning call.! We asked for one at 2.30am on day of departure - at 3.30am when we were checking out we were still waiting. This could have caused problems as
we were catching a flight back to UK.
All in all this hotel is excellent for the price and is well recommended.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 1, 2008

I was part of 35-40 in a tour group. I found if I wasn't part of the tour group, it would be difficult to go to Beale Street as had to walk through the Marriott nearby and get a trolley car. The bathroom was lovely, I loved the maginifying mirror and again, was impressed with the ease of the shower.

My tip is for going for breakfast at the Marriott, which is a three minute walk away. It's $15 a head, but the choice was mind blowing. Could have your eggs fried and omlettes made in front of your eyes. The breakfast at the GP is a la carte and is not value for money if you have more than one plate/bowl for breakfast.

The elevator problem started about 3:30am on the 2nd day. As we needed to leave the hotel at 5:45am to catch the Amtrak The City of New Orleans. Both elevators were playing up on and off. For example, one of my fellow tour members were trying to come down from the 10th floor to the lobby. They selected the lobby floor. Then, they were going between the 10th floor and 4th about 8 times, before they had opportunity to change elevators as the doors only opened for 2 seconds and pressing the 'doors open' button made no difference. We could not find any stairs which did not activate an alarm when opening the door to them. When we complained to the manager - they could not care less. This could have serious consequences and made the elevators out of action. No one wants to walk up 11 floors (the highest floor). Even the fit ones on my tour didn't feel doing this either.

The hotel needs to provide steps which don't kick the alarm just in case this does happen.

• Stayed: May 2008
Reviewed May 26, 2008

We do not know what hotel some of the people that wrote bad reviews stayed at, but it is not the one we are staying in. This is THE NICEST three star hotel I have ever stayed at. Great staff, excellent rooms, parking for ten dollars with in and out privileges. Wish we could stay all week!!!!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 10, 2008

stayed at this hotel for music fest and was a bit apprehensive about staying there due to previous bad reviews.I have to say i was pleasantly surprised ,i found the staff to be very pleasant and helpful and our room was really lovely and clean.i did not have any problems with traffic noise from interstate but maybe that was because our room was at front of the building.we did herar some building work one morning only so not a big deal.my only complaint would be that there was no safety deposit facility in the hotel either in the room or at reception.By the way really enjoyed music fest it was a blast even the bad weather on friday couldn't dampen spirits!!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 23, 2008

Let Me Upgrade You.....
Crowne Plaza (CP) is trying to Upgrade this hotel because it use to be a Wyndham and it has signs that it has been around for awhile. I really really wanted to like this hotel, so I will start with the good. Check in was a snap, except for the $10 parking fee, which was an unexpected extra, but many hotels charge parking fees, so it was not a big deal. The parking lot was gated (but the gates were not being used) and it was well lit. The lobby was clean and the staff was friendly. The hotel room was clean and I could see CP's vision to modernize the hotel and hotel rooms. Unfortunately the vision must have been poorly funded because it was apparent that the CP construction contractor either didn't know what they were doing, didn’t care, or didn't have the money to follow through with quality renovations. The hotel is still in the process of being renovated, so if you have issues with construction noise this isn't the hotel for you. Some of the hotels issues will work themselves out with time and although some of the renovations have been poorly completed (not directly the hotel's fault) they aren't bad enough to keep me from staying there again. What will keep me from staying there is the interstate noise. Unfortunately this hotel is right next to the interstate and once you are quiet and ready to sleep you can hear the traffic really well. If you are a light sleeper this will be a problem. Finally while I was there someone's car was broken into. The hotel did not warn customers upon check-in that they had experienced car break-ins earlier that week, so although they had gated property the gates were not being used. I don't think this is a terrible hotel because my stay was decent. I just want travelers to keep their expectations realistic. Be Blessed!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family