“So so”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis
Ranked #55 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed July 24, 2014

The hotel is right off of the highway and you can hear it within the room. The hotel is clean but seems very dingy due to bad choice of colors, a lot of beige used. The bed was pretty comfortable, shower was clean but small. Very simple. Not worth the $100 I am paying.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Diane R, Property Support Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review the Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis. I'm disappointed to see we didn't exceed your expectations. If you would like to discuss your stay with me, please feel free to call the hotel directly. We hope to see you again!

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis

Reviewed July 21, 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel with my family as we met up with another family for a weekend getaway. As can be expected with Marriott's - the staff members were all top notch! Truly, some of the friendliest, most inviting staffers I've interacted with - including front desk personal, maids, janitors, etc. Especially friendly were Rachel and Marissa - but again, every staff member I came across was friendly, asked about our stay / room, and put forth a consistent effort to show gratitude for our choosing this location. This location also offered breakfast included in the stay - which was a positive and very well received by all guests. Unfortunately, by all accounts, the state of this particularly chain did not meet my expectations. The pictures online oversold the establishment. The place is in major need of renovations. There were obvious stains on the ceilings / walls from previous leaks that had been painted over. The door frames were clearly banged from guests misjudging luggage carts. There were what looked to be coffee stains on one of our bedspreads when we checked into our room. The door to the pool area was broken, and the pool area lacked consistent venting, and was influence by the Hot Tub. For instance, when the Hot Tub was running - the entire pool area became hot / muggy in <5 mins; however - when the Hot Tub shut off, the entire area became a fridge in <5 mins. No consistent temperature made the swimming experience a bit rough for our kids. And the breakfast area was a bit cramped. Not all rooms provided mini fridges, which is a nice to have clearly - but should be included in my perspective. I also found the layout of the facility a bit confusing as the entrance to the hotel was away from the road you turn off of and facing the interstate. However, what's outside the hotel is worse - the surrounding area is run down with little to offer in the immediate (walking) vicinity other than gas stations. The nearest Wal-Mart is ~10 min drive, and there's a prison down the road from the hotel. Clearly - these things are outside the management's level of responsibility, but even more reason to ensure the space is well kept and updated! Trying to end on a positive, there's plenty of room for parking!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Diane R, Property Support Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Stephen,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis! I'm pleased to see the staff exceeded your expectations. I'm also pleased to announce that we are scheduled to begin renovations within the next few months! We hope to see you again during your next visit to Memphis!

Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

Third time at this hotel on the way to Indiana from Texas. It's convenient and close to I-40. Marissa at the front desk was excellent. Upgraded us to a king suite which was nice. The room was on the opposite side if the interstate so the road noise was minimal and we slept well. Marissa also helped place an order for Chinese food delivery. Very helpful. Another friendly person asked us the next morning about our stay. While the hotel is on the "tired" side we found everything clean and the staff is excellent. Breakfast was good too with a varied selection of hot and cold foods. We'll stay again

Stayed: July 2014
Diane R, Property Support Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey. We are delighted that your stay with the Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis was enjoyable.

Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future. I'm pleased to announce we will begin renovations within the next few months! We hope to see you on your next trip to Memphis!

Reviewed July 8, 2014

This hotel was nothing like what I saw in the pictures. The lobby was beautiful. The customer service was excellent. Entire staff was very friendly. But the smell of the room (like it needed to be aired out), when we open the window you can hear the freeway. Really excited about the exercise room, only to find it was a closet with a treadmill and 1 elliptical. Kids were excited about the pool, however it was a very dirty. No movies to order, breakfast was okay. I would not stay here again nor would I recommend it to anyone. sorry :(

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Diane R, Property Support Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey and sharing your experience with the Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis. I apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. Please be assured that we are taking immediate corrective steps to avoid such problems in the future.

If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to contact me directly. Once again, please accept my apology. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.

Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

I have stay a lot at hotels associated with Marriott. This one is dated. The breakfast had only sausage- no eggs. Only fruit -red apples. Unless you like bread products, you will not enjoy the choices. I had a waffle and OJ which is not my usual protein filled breakfast. A banana would have been nice.
I got the queen whirlpool suite which had a very comfortable bed. I enjoyed the large whirlpool. It was relaxing after my long drive. You could hear the other guests running their bath. I used ear plugs and slept well.
The staff was super nice. I ordered my dinner delivered and the front desk had provided the menu and numbers for me.
I would stay here again because the bed was comfortable, love the whirlpool and price was right.

Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am disappointed to see you weren't completely satisfied with your stay. If you would like to further discuss your experience with me, please feel free to give me a call at 901-384-0010.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Hotel staff very friendly! Hotel is very close to Interstate 40 and you can hear every vehicle that travels by! Rooms were not very clean - hand prints on the windows, carpet looked very old,etc. This property is in need of an entire makeover... I would try another hotel -

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
EmilyKnight, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Memphis, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences. We always appreciate any feedback as it helps to shape the future of the hotel. I can assure you that your comments have been taken seriously and we will be taking correctional actions to prevent the same issues in the future.

Your comments have been used to identify housekeeping areas that are currently being addressed. Also, over the coming weeks and months, the hotel will undergo a complete renovation, including new carpets and furniture throughout.
Thank you, again.

Emily Knight,

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Stayed two nights here while being Memphis tourists. Easy to find and easy to get to attractions. The staff here is friendly and helpful. The breakfast is typical of such places, but was well stocked. The eggs were hot and the cold items were kept cold. As others have noted, carpet in the elevator need to be replaced, etc. However, everything was neat and clean. Everything in our room was crisp and clean as well. The indoor pool and hot tub were selling points for this hotel as nearby brands were about the same price without these amenities.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side of the hotel, they are quieter. Although we slept fine in our front...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm pleased to see you enjoyed your stay. I'm also pleased to announce we will be starting renovations in the new few months! We hope to see you the next time you are in Memphis!