“Near Perfect”

Ranked #5 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
MPLS, MN
“Near Perfect”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Helpful, cheerful Staff. Nice suite. Bathroom was oddly small. Breakfast was very good. Wish there was a bar for drinks on the premises. Kitchen area was older, but functional. Nice to have an actual freezer. Not terribly close to downtown Memphis, but it's an interesting drive down Poplar/Union. Not terribly far from Graceland either.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Me and my husband had an excellent stay. The hotel is nice and you get great service for a good price. I have traveled all over and I usually stay in 4 or 5 star hotels but me and my husband are saving to buy a house so we needed a nice play to stay that didn't break the bank. Hampton Inn and Suites delivered. Service was amazing, from the front desk Towanda and Keith to the breakfast lady. The rooms were clean and the beds are very comfortable. The rooms do show signs of wear and tear but overall spacious and again clean. And did I mention the 100% satisfaction policy. I thought it was a joke but when our TV service went out during our "date" for about an hr, my husband mentioned this along with a couple of other minor issues to the front desk and we were not charged for the room! We were so shocked but pleased. The only issue I had was with housekeeping. They do not knock but just walk in to see if they can clean the room. They almost got a view if you know what I mean.
Overall, if me and my husband come back to Memphis we will stay again.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Bgyrl12
Oklahoma
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We stayed one night here on our way to Florida. It's not on the main thoroughfare but it was worth the few extra miles we had to travel to stay there. Accommodations were nice; front desk very helpful and pleasant. The breakfast area was staffed with workers and one even offered to fix a waffle for my daughter. Although we didn't have a chance to use the pool and outside area it looked inviting. There were a number of basketball teams staying here at the same time we were there and there wasn't noise or anything from them to keep us from getting a good night's sleep. The only reason I wouldn't rate it excellent is due to the fact that we had to go out of our way to get there. I highly recommend!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank threepowells
Sterling, Kansas
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Very nice staff, great breakfast in the morning. Our room was very comfortable. Hampton Inns attract traveling sports teams as it was loaded with high school basketball players. The Hampton staff did an excellent job. It was quiet by 11pm and at breakfast it was packed with players but they had plenty of food. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Evans, Georgia
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Always stay here when I am in town on business. Front desk staff knows me and my colleagues on a first name basis and are extremely helpful. Best breakfast of any Hampton Inn I have ever visited. Clean rooms which keep me coming back. Don't want to stay anywhere else when I am in Memphis.

Room Tip: Hilton rewards members will like the executive rooms on the top floor.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Diamondmember72
Fort Smith, Arkansas
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Recently stayed at this hotel on our anniversary trip. Location is safe with proximity to P F Chang's, Ruth Chris, and Macaroni grill. Great breakfast. Quiet and comfortable room. Can't beat it for the money. Will stay here again on future trips!

• Stayed June 2012
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Good location, off the highway. Very nice rooms, comfortable beds (no rooms with balconies). Small but decent fitness room, nice outdoor pool. Free self-parking.

Free wifi in room, but spotty. Check room service charges - prices on menu did not match charges.

Helpful & friendly staff.

• Stayed June 2012