Hampton Inn & Suites Memphis-Shady Grove Road
Ranked #5 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Lawrenceville, Georgia
“Great Stay”
Reviewed May 8, 2012

As always the Hampton Inn's are wonderful and this one was no exception. The staff was very professional and friendly. The location was great with lots of great restaurants nearby. Our king suite was wonderful. The breakfast is always fresh with many choices. You can't go wrong at the Hampton Inn's.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TeeTee50

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Nashville, TN
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Great Hotel! Public spaces reflect the hand of a talented interior designer. Nice fixtures, finishes and art. Best breakfast kitchen & spread I've ever seen at a hotel with breakfast included. It's designed as a real kitchen with a center island and it's maintained throughout the breakfast and is neat as a pin. Our room was small and the closet was difficult to reach but the beds were good and it was only for one night so it didn't make that much of a difference. Overall, we were very pleased!

Room Tip: I'd ask about getting the largest room possible.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Judith_Bright
Dallas, tx
Reviewed April 12, 2012

I recently stayed here for a busniess trip. This is a great little hotel. Everything is new, the bed was very comfortable and the staff was great. I used the fitness center and it had new equipment. The breakfast is good and the area is kept very clean. I will stay there again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank busyDsweetness
Johnston, Iowa, USA
Reviewed March 16, 2012

We stayed on a friends recommendation for 2 nights - a Thursday and Friday - over Spring Break. Rates were quite reasonable at $103/ night for a king suite with a kitchen and sofa sleeper. We asked for a cot to be brought up as well, so my kids wouldn't have to sleep together, and they happily accomadated our request. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They found out it was my daughter's 5th birthday while we were here and called me to ask permission to send her a dessert from their restaurant! Everyone is very friendly. Rooms are clean, and as silly as this is, I love the fact that the duvet covers are cleaned for each guest. breakfast is the typical hotel fair, but is very well kept. The location is great - near many restaurants, easy to find, lots of parking (free), and it's easy to get to many area attractions. I would stay here again if we come back to town.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Sara h
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed March 16, 2012

I stayed at this hotel along with a group of about 30 friends and family members. We had all gathered for a wedding. What a perfect place for a large group! The hotel is very new and all of the accessories are clean, modern, and attractive. There is a large lobby area to sit and relax, or to visit with friends. The rooms are large, including a very nice wet bar and large mini-fridge.

The breakfast bar is probably the best I have ever experienced in a moderately priced hotel. They have everything - waffles, eggs, sausage, potatoes, fruit, oatmeal, yogurt, pastries, cereal, and even tortillas to make breakfast tacos - definitely a first!! Also, they change up the offerings from day to day which is a nice surprise.

Also this hotel is conveniently located to local restaurants, shopping, and major highways.

The only negative thing I can point out is that the showers are extremely slippery when wet, but the hotel is new and still ddecorating. They mentioned that they will be installing non-skid strips in the showers soon.

You cannot go wrong by staying here - do not be swayed by higher priced hotels nearby!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators. It can get loud with slamming doors.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank candymr_10
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed February 29, 2012

After traveling in Asia and Europe, I suppose my expectations regarding hotels have changed a bit. I am much more appreciative of the little things and service that I recognize at hotels and much more understanding in that it is a comfortable and clean place to lay my head but not my own living room.

I booked this hotel for a personal weekend trip as a company that I do business with is nearby, so I knew the location was good. I always know what I will get at a Hampton Inn property - large clean rooms, great service, value for the money and a decent breakfast to get my day started. This location was no different. It completely met my expectations from everything noted above and was convenient to I-240, The University of Memphis or driving down Poplar into downtown. The only thing I found interesting (but definitely not to the point of being annoying) was that for large groups staying at the property, their buses were parked out back near my room. As they rumbled their engines in the morning, it was very noticeable. Outside of that it is a perfect place to stay and I highly recommend it depending on where you need to travel to during your time in Memphis. I certainly will be visiting this property again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 2, 2012

I was in town for business and I can't imagine what any person would have to nit-pick about this hotel, because it was beautiful! The lobby/breakfast area was gorgeous with dark hardwood and a nice design. Reading over the reviews, it seems like some people are just plain crazy with their expectations of a medium range priced hotel and what it should feature. This hotel was above and beyond what I would expect, and most of the time I would tell folks you get what you pay for (if you want Waldorff Astoria treatment, you'll pay Waldorff prices!) however, I feel I got well over what I paid for here. Hotel was spotless, clean, fresh and staff willing to help with whatever requested of them! What more could you want for a simple stay out of town!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business