“Best hospitality experience ever!!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Memphis-Shady Grove Road
Ranked #5 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed December 2, 2011

Im in the hospitality industry, so its really hard to impress me....but David, the GM at this property, and his staff really went over and beyond. My A/C was not working properly in my first room that I arrived in and so the next morning I mentioned to the front desk and when I returned from work that evening, they had relocated me to an amazing room and had already moved my luggage for me and even took the time to hang my jacket in the closet for me. David and his staff is defiently a bacon of hamptonality!!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed November 10, 2011

There aren't many nice areas in Memphis. This is a nice area. Actually, its really Germantown. The hotel was fabulous, seemed almost brand-new, it was that clean. Their breakfast area was very nicely laid out, although I didn't get an opportunity to try the breakfast. The staff was very pleasant and welcoming. There was a couple of bottles of water and a package of Cheez-Its on my bed left by housekeeping. It was actually great timing because I hadn't eaten in a while! If you are needing to be in East Memphis/Germantown, this is the place to stay! A superb value. There's a Target, Best Buy, and other nice shopping areas close by (within a couple of miles). I ate dinner at Panera (in the Target shopping center) and was satisfied. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank lpaulkelley
Reviewed October 29, 2011

The hotel is easy to find and has ample parking. It's easy to get to all the attractions. We had a suite which had a full refrigerator, cook top and dishwasher. The room sizes are pretty large although the vanity in the bathroom area is pretty small. The couch was not very comfortable. The bed was comfortable but the pillows were hard and lumpy. The room was pretty clean although the floor could have been cleaner.

The staff was wonderful. The woman who worked week day evenings (I believe her name was Lisa) was fabulous and epitomizes good customer service. The air conditioning unit in our bedroom made a horrible noise and I called in the evening and she sent maintenance up to look at it. I was shocked to see a maintenance person in the evening. I didn't get his name, but he was pleasant and helpful. Although he was unable to fix it at the time, he said he'd work on it again the next day. The front desk called the next day to apologize that they were unable to get the appropriate part and offered to move us to another room. I was very impressed.

Breakfast was average--a typical Hampton breakfast. The breakfast area was very neat and clean however.

All in all, a good hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 26, 2011

Lovely hotel in an upscale area with a great breakfast in a 3 story open air area. You are about 20 minutes from downtown (Beale Street clubs) going down Popular.
B B Kings night club is wonderful and has great ribs!

Elvis' Graceland and museums are also about 20 minutes away going towards the airport. Plan on 4 hours to go through all of Graceland and its museums.

Room Tip: Upper floors facing to the left as you face the hotel are the best. Rm 406 was great.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank potravels
Reviewed October 17, 2011

We spent the weekend at this hotel while visiting Memphis. It is obvious that the staff is trying to keep customer satisfaction at the highest level. From check-in to check-out, the customer service was top notch.
We were short one set of towels and upon asking at the front desk had a staff member bring a stack of towels. The staff took them to our room even though we offered to take them up. (This could have been a measure to make sure that the towels actually made it to the room but I tend to think not).
The breakfast room was serviced frequently and I witnessed several occasions when guests asked for something and the staff dropped what they were doing and helped the customer.
The rooms, breakfast area, lobby and parking lot are all well taken care of and clean.
The breakfast has a wide variety.
The area is quiet and seems very safe.
I would stay here again when returning.
The only negative was the pool is closed and that made my grandson somewhat disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 11, 2011

Great hotel!! Stayed over one night on way back from TX vacation. Booked a King suite w/a kitchen and to be honest just figured it would be a small sink w/a microwave and dorm fridge. We were quite surprised when we walked into the room and we had a full size fridge, dishwasher, dishes, pots and pans, sink, and overhead microwave. There was even a small table w/chairs to eat dinner. Bedroom was spacious and incredibly comfy w/flat screen tv. In the living area there was sleeper sofa that according to my very picky mother was very comfy. Plenty of towels provided even tho there was only 3 of us (one being a 5 y/o) and the whole room was incredibly clean. Guest services were great - I had misplaced my key card 10 minutes after checking in (I dropped it in my overstuffed computer bag...lol) and the clerk quickly and without complaint gave me a 2nd card (even though I declined it at check in). Every staff member we came in contact with was very pleasant - from the housekeepers, grounds guys, and front desk. The complimentary breakfast was great - I was thinking typical continental breakfast but our options included eggs, ham, grits, fried potatoes, danishes, bagels, and lots of fruit and drink options. You also have 24 hour access to coffee, tea, and hot cocoa If your stay includes a trip to Graceland it is only 12 miles away and with traffic it only took us 15 minutes.

One negative - the area is a business district so traffic is a giant pain but you can't fault the hotel for that. Unfortunatly for us, we arrived during rush hour on a Thursday.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2011

This Hampton Inn is located in a very nice area of Memphis and one of the safest. We stayed in a king room which was especially nice because there were two sinks. (Great shower too!) The hotel was very clean, well-maintained and the employees were all extremely efficient and friendly. Parking is on-site and free. Numerous restaurants are located nearby as is access to I-240 and Poplar Avenue, a major thoroughfare. Free breakfast is included but I can't provide any insight because we didn't eat. If you want the best barbecue in Memphis, be sure to eat at THE BARBECUE SHOP. My husband lived in Memphis for many years and swears this is the best in town: I've eaten at many others, including the Rendezvous and I agree: don't miss it!

Room Tip: Ask for an upstairs room away from the elevator
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple