“Ok reward stay”

Ranked #62 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Batesville, Arkansas
“Ok reward stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

Property was ok. Makes sense why it required less reward points than the nicer properties. I rated value as below average since I heard the quoted price to a potential customer on the phone. Desk and housekeeping staff very nice and professional. Not the best location. There was an odd noise coming either from the window or air conditioner...sounded like a blizzard was blowing outside. Furniture and closet doors need overhauling, at least in my room. Overall just ok.

• Stayed September 2012
Tiffany W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Memphis East I-240, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
I appreciate your review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that value was of concern; we strive to offer our guest a cost-affordable experience while offerings enhanced services for comfort and convenience. I have asked our maintenance team to look into the noise in your room and apologize for the disturbance. Thank you so much for your nice comments about our staff. I will be certain to share you comments with everyone. Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your input. We hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Carrollton, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

Very nice, friendly employees, very comfortable bed. Breakfast selction was great. Unfortunately the a/c blows on the computer desk with no way to adjust it making it uncomfortable to work at the desk. At breakfast heard employees 'in the back' cursing something from the night before...unsettling and unnecessary. Wish Hampton Inns had maintained their original lower prices. Can't afford to stay here on a regular basis.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Tiffany W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Memphis East I-240, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Hello TexasTraveler88446,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay. It was a great pleasure to read your wonderful comments. I truly apologize for the negative experience you may have had during your stay. I would really love if you could contact me to discuss your experience in more detail at 901-367-1234 or Tiffany.Webb@hilton.com Thank you once again for your comments.
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

I wasn't expecting this to be a really great experience having to stay here at last minute but I must say I was totally surprised,the staff was friendly,the hotel was very clean from the snooping I did to see just how clean it was:No dust on pictures or headboards or doors,clean bathroom,clean linen,clean towels,clean elevators-stuff like this really matters to me I love CLEANLINESS so I was impressed obviously the cleaning crew here is actually doing their job and I say "Keep it up" because you have people like myself that pay attention to small detail.although is not a SUPER place to stay it is located near I-240,shopping area and several eating places so it would be a good choice if you're in town for a weekend or 4-5 days.so would I stay here again:YES if I had to.Keep up the good work "Cleaning Crew" job well done!

Room Tip: This will be a good last minute choice if you're looking for a "CLEAN" place to stay f...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank CodeNameAgentBlue
Hello TwHitmaker,

I must admit that it is always a pleasure to read the reviews and find areas where we have exceeded your expectations. Our housekeeping staff work very hard everyday to make sure you enjoy your stay with us. Thank you so much for your kind words. We are so glad you chose to be our guest. Hope to see you again next time you are in Memphis, TN.
Green Bay, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

This is generally the typical Hampton Inn - clean, comfortable, reasonably priced, etc. The staff were much friendlier than usual, and the breakfast area very nice and well stocked. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

This hotel is ok, nothing special but is a good place to stay if you are on a budget. The rooms are clean, free wi-fi, free complimentary breakfast, the waffles are good. The hallways of the hotel are always very hot, I don't really know why. The people are friendly. It has a few restaurants beside it, IHOP, Taco Bell, Lenny's Subs, and a Popeye's. It would be better if they had a refrigerator and a microwave in each room, and they also need more channels on the TV.

Room Tip: It seem's like the 5th floor may have the best rooms.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank jksmith7877
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

The most "exciting" part of our stay at this hotel was that as we drove into the parking lot, about 6 police units were chasing a few teenagers who had been breaking into cars parked in the hotel's lot. I don't know if this is any indication of the area's safety. I tried asking the front desk clerk if this is something normal for the area and couldn't get much of a response.

Otherwise, the hotel seemed like a rather unhappy place. We didn't see even one smile from the staff during the 12 hours we were there, not at check in and not during breakfast. Come on guys, it doesn't cost anything to smile and say "hi".

The rooms are the usual you would expect from a Hampton Inn and the hotel is clean, albeit a bit old in terms of the wallpaper and the carpet. Breakfast is the standard from Hampton Inns which is just enough for us.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank OphirBY
United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

I came across this hotel and expected to stay one night but it turned out to be better than I thought! Fortunately my check in was smooth and very helpful. I wish I could remember the name of the person at the front desk to acknowledge her. I booked for one king with study desk and a sofa bed so it was spacious. Complimentary breakfast was delicious. I haven't used any facilities in the hotel but it's noticeable that the business zone was rather busy. There's one computer in the lobby but it's always occupied. But in room wifi is free except a little slow. No refrigerator or microwave in the room. Flat screen tv with HBO. I didn't have the room cleaned but I asked for amenities and towels, the front desk able to accommodate that instantly. Overall I enjoyed the stay so I extended my stay to two nights instead! Car is essential, this place is not in the middle of attractions but within a driving distance. There're food closed by such as pop eyes and sandwiches place.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple