“Staff made my trip easy and relaxed”

Holiday Inn Express Memphis East I-240
Ranked #68 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed July 10, 2012 via mobile

Always drove thru Memphis. Knew the crime rate. In the past when I had to stop overnight during my 15 hrs drive from Texas to northeast TN, I had decided to stay in Jackson, TN avoiding Memphis.

Finally I had to go to Memphis today for a meeting. Decided to stay here. Some reviews said old property but overall seemed like a safe hotel to spend the night.

Starting the trip, I liked the fenced parking lot. Though there was no closed gate, they did have atleast one security camera. While we were entering the hotel abt 11 pm yesterday, the house keeping person on the door was extremely courteous n welcoming.

Overall a wonderful hotel with a bunch of courteous staff who seemed genuinely interested in making my stay pleasant. Nice breakfast which is a given at all the hamptons I have stayed in so far. Will definitely recommend....

• Stayed: July 2012
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Memphis East I-240

Reviewed July 10, 2012

I used my Hilton rewards to book this stay during a road trip from Ohio to Texas. Although we arrived late, and I was a little put off by the surrounding area this hotel turned out to be great. The desk clerk was friendly, and the lobby was very clean. I don't think this is necessarily the best neighborhood in Memphis, but I'm not that familiar with the area. They do have security that patrols the parking lot, which gave me piece of mind that my car would be safe. The room itself was very spacious and clean. They even provided a toothbrush, toothpaste and makeup wipes which I thought was very generous for a more budget conscious hotel chain. I slept well on the bed, and the breakfast selection in the morning was nice. I would stay in this hotel again if I'm ever in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 3, 2012

We stayed for two nights in June, 2012. We had a king room with a pull out sofa. Our room and bathroom were clean. We could feel most of the springs in the king mattress. All the staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast had a wonderful selection.
We recommend this hotel.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 3, 2012

The hotel was in a nice location, with Taco Bell, IHOP, Lenny's Subs and Popeye's Chicken all on the same block. Our room was clean and the AC was cool, and as always, the Hampton beds are super comfortable.

The AC unit for the hallway apparently had issues. Down by the elevators, it was incredibly hot, but that didn't affect our room at all.

The pool is small, and was crowded in the evenings, so we never tried it out.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Very nice and typically appointed Hampton Inn. Room was clean and smelled fresh. Front desk and staff were very nice and helpful. Nice indoor pool and work out room. Good value.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2012

This hotel was located close enough to downtown and everything else for easy access. The rooms were nice and clean and the staff was nice and very helpful. Especially Gabriel and Brandon. They gave excellent directions and reviews of the best places to eat which will help you cut through all the false hype you see on TV about "the best places to eat". Would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank godup
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Being in a Hampton is almost a guarantee of quality for bussines travelers, and this is not the exception. Even thought is clear it is an old building, it is recently renewd and is very well conserved. Check in was kind of slow, but the rest worked just fine. And in their behalf, they have the best breakfast bar I have tried at a Hampton.
And do not forget: you are just 10 minutes from Graceland!

• Stayed: June 2012