“One of the best zoo I have been to”
Review of Memphis Zoo

Memphis Zoo
Ranked #4 of 155 things to do in Memphis
More attraction details
Owner description: YaYa, a female Giant Panda that calls the Memphis Zoo home, enjoys a sunny day.
Memphis, Tennessee
“One of the best zoo I have been to”
Reviewed October 9, 2010

I was a bit skeptical on how zoo might be in memphis - but when I went I was simply amazed!. I must say it was one of the well-kept zoo I have ever visited. I have visited almost 50 city zoos starting from north twin cities to south DFW and east coast (I haven't had chance to go towards west coast zoos). The huge number of animals and shows/keeper chat was very good. And the size itself was very huge. Took a whole day to enjoy the zoo to the fullest. Had my first panda sightings on this zoo. Must see in Memphis!

• Korean first
  • Thai first
Arkansas
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Awesome zoo! Very impressed with...”
Reviewed October 2, 2010

Awesome zoo! Very impressed with exhibits. Lots of shade for hot day. Very clean!

Jackson, MS
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Awesome experience”
Reviewed August 28, 2010

I've been to the Memphis Zoo on many occasions. Though the admission prices are a little high, I'd say that's it's well worth your money to visit. Living in the south, the Audubon Zoo in New Orleans usually comes with the highest recommendation. The Memphis Zoo is highly underrated and, in my opinion, even a better experience.

There is a Northwest Passage exhibit which includes polar bears and sea lions (my personal favorite). There is also a panda exhibit (although there was an additional charge for the pandas-I'm not sure if this is still the case). The gift shop is extensive and has reasonable prices. You can spend all day at the zoo and not see everything.

Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“of all the zoos I've been to in my 25 yrs, this is the worst”
Reviewed August 11, 2010

The only saving grace for this zoo is the people that work there. They are all incredibly friendly and exceptionally personable. But the zoo as a whole sucks. For as many animals as they are home to, there isn't nearly enough room. It's cramped and just terrible overall. During the summer months, you often can't even SEE some of the animals because they won't come out in the heat. The facility is well kept, but there are too many animals and too many visitors to this zoo to make the experience even remotely enjoyable. If you HAVE to come to the Memphis Zoo because the ranking on this website makes you feel good about it, wait til late fall. Otherwise you are wasting your time.

3 Thank ReddJune
Memphis, Tennessee
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Surprisingly great zoo”
Reviewed July 27, 2010

Zoos are not typically my favorite attraction, but this one is great. The panda exhibit is beautiful. There is a wide selection of animals to see.