“Fantastic zoo - a fun day”
Review of Memphis Zoo

Memphis Zoo
Ranked #4 of 161 things to do in Memphis
More attraction details
Owner description: YaYa, a female Giant Panda that calls the Memphis Zoo home, enjoys a sunny day.
Reviewed March 26, 2014

The Memphis Zoo is clean and well-maintained. There is a great variety of animals, all of whom are housed appropriately. As a big fan of pandas, I was pleased to be able to get right up close to their bears and I enjoyed all of the other exhibits as well. This zoo is lovely and definitely worth the trip.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,012)

Reviewed March 26, 2014

A smaller Zoo, but well designed so that it is easy to move around and enjoy the wonder animals and their habitat. Pandas!!!!! Who can resist the opportunity to visit pandas??

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Not really zoo people, my husband and I visited here with my sister and her husband. It was really a great day. Feed the giraffe - totally worth the price for the close up pictures. Watching a polar bead swimming from inches away was - Wow.

1  Thank scott10jo
Reviewed March 24, 2014

The animals displayed were always in view, not like a lot of zoos where you look at empty pens. They had a wide array of animals, including Panda's! My son and I enjoyed this zoo a lot!

Reviewed March 24, 2014

I'm going to preface this review by saying that I'm from St. Louis and have been spoiled by our local zoo. Because the St. Louis Zoo is free, it can feel like a bit of a ripoff to fork over $15 for something that felt a quarter of the size.

One thing I really enjoyed about the Memphis Zoo was how the major areas were themed after locations on the globe. For example a China area feature native animals including Pandas in an area that feature some Asian-inspired architecture. Expansion around the park looked to continue this trend. That's a good thing because the older areas, like the hippo pool, where not aging well.

My favorite exhibition was a completely dark area that held bats and other creatures of the night. The vampire bats hobbling around drinking blood gave me chills.

It took a couple of hours to see everything. The zoo itself is centered in a nice park area. It would be great to combine a visit with a picnic on a summer day.

3  Thank Anthony M