“Full day”
Review of Memphis Zoo

Memphis Zoo
Ranked #4 of 153 things to do in Memphis
More attraction details
Owner description: YaYa, a female Giant Panda that calls the Memphis Zoo home, enjoys a sunny day.
Amman, Jordan
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Full day”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I was in Memphis for my an internship course, my mom and aunt came for a visit, so I took them to the zoo... (big mistake)
I was too excited because I heard it has giant pandas...
When we first arrived, I loved the Egyptian style at the gate, we took lots of pictures, and it was fun...
I had so much energy to walk and watch all the shows, and was looking forward to see the feeding of the polar bear and the penguins...
My mom and aunt however were getting tired of walking, and I didn't want them to get a sun attack or something.
We spent most of our time searching for benches to sit on rather than near by shows....
I did however manage to get intime for the feeding of the polar bear and the penguins, and We all LOVED the sea lion show... They were funny, smart and CUTE...
Don't do my mistake of brining the All-you-might-need package in a bag. I always keep so many things with me for emergencies... Now I know that for trips like this a backpack is the solution... You want equal weight on both shoulders especially when it's hot...

Visited August 2012

• Korean first
  • Thai first
Rapid City, South Dakota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“a great zoo”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We always plan time when we are in Memphis to visit the zoo. The exhibits are very well designed, beautifully landscaped and clean with a tremendous diversity of animals. I really appreciate the message of habitat conservation to preserve and protect these animals in their native range.

Visited January 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“What a wonderful surprise!”
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

We were in Memphis for a wedding weekend, and had a lot of time of Saturday. Thank goodness we had a lot of time, because the zoo was huge and fabulous! Lots of animals, great exhibits, nice staff, and even good food! We will go back. Pandas and jaguars and bears, oh my!!

Memphis, Tennessee
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Great walk!”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

The place is so nice to see. The animals are obviously healthy and taken care of and the place is so clean. We enjoy just going for a leisurely strolll with nature. Get out of the city!

Visited May 2012
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Clean, new, variety.”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Clean, new, variety. That is how to sum up this wonderful zoo. Definitely the cleanest zoo I have ever been too. The sidewalks and the animal pens were spotless. Everything looked brand new and freshly painted. They had a great variety of animals: pandas, wolves, grizzlies, gorillas, bonobos, an entire nocturnal species building, giraffes, reptile exhibit, small aquarium, small train ride, and more.

Visited December 2012