“If you don't like fridges or doors that work this place is for you.”

Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East
Ranked #51 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I am currently staying there and I pretty much thought that all hampton inns have small fridges in the rooms. Apparently this isn't the case. I asked if I could get one and was responded with we only have a few of them. I mean I get it... You are only a customer service rep so it's really out of your power to get them in all the rooms. I blame the owner. It is 2014 get with the times. There are no restaurants around except for a subway and a gas station. Where am I to leave any left overs I drive forever even to get. Also I let the front desk know about the side door that barely works(only opens if you pull on the door within 3 milliseconds of entering your key card). I don't think they even cared. I will say its nice in that's it's close to the wolf river trail that connects to Shelby farms trail system. Rooms were decent and clean. Won't be staying there again.

• Stayed: April 2014
Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Hampton Inn Walnut Grove. I am so sorry we were not able to meet your needs and I understand your disappointment regarding not having refrigerators in all our rooms. I will forward your comments to those that can help make this happen. I hope you will give us that "second chance" in the future. Again, thank you.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

We found this hotel to be an excellent value and location. Staff were friendly and breakfast was better than most. The only challenge is that it is hard to find because it is tucked back from the road within the Baptist hospital complex.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding your stay at the Hampton Inn Walnut Grove in Memphis, TN. We hope to see you back again soon. Safe travels to you and your family.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

I stayed at the Hampton on Walnut Grove and the experience was not good. The room was half clean, floors were dirty and the mattress was lumpy. I wil never stay at his hotel again. The rate was extremely high and the front desk staff did not greet the guests properly. They were giving guests the wrong keys to the wrong rooms. Very unprofessional.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2014

Thank you for your comments. I am so sorry we failed to meet your expectations. Rest assured I take your comments very seriously and will see to it that those comments are addressed. This is not of the norm, it seems we dropped the ball somewhere. Again, thank you for your comments as I use them as a tool to better improve our hotel.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Staff was very good. they were very friendly. They went out of their way to get us biscuits for breakfast. Rooms were clean. Could hear neighboring rooms TV one evening. Other than that I would recommend this to any friends or family.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I wanted to reach out to you and Thank You for your kind comments. I hope to see you back again soon. Safe Travels!!

Reviewed March 6, 2014

The hotel was centrally located, had friendly staff and was a good experience. Unfortunately the weather was cold so we couldn't use the pool facilities. I was in Memphis visiting family so the location was good.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2014

Thank you for spreading the word about your stay at the Hampton Inn Walnut Grove in Memphis! I was pleased to see you were satisfied with your stay. I am sorry about the weather...it was really cold!!! I hope that you will return again soon so your family can enjoy our refreshing outdoor pool! We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon. Safe Travels!!

Reviewed March 6, 2014

This is my second time at your property. We enjoyed the hospitality the first it was only right to return. The young lady that works night audit (i forgot her name) she is awesome!! We checked in very late, and she was very helpful to us. the breakfast was amazing and staff excellent customer service..

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Eric S
Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words. I will pass them along to "Nikki" out night auditor. I have to agree with you she is a jewel! I thank you so much for staying with us and look forward to many more visits from you!! Safe Travels.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

I was very satisfied with my stay at this Hampton Inn in Memphis. It was near my business location, and provided me quick access to main throughfares in the city. My only issue was there was no microwave or mini fridge, both items that I could have used, however there was plenty of ice and I had a cooler in my vehicle. I will stay at this motel again, next visit.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your stay with us. I am so pleased we met your expectations. We work hard to make sure our guests are happy and satisfied. I wanted you to know we are working on gettng more refrigerators and microwaves for our guset rooms. Maybe next time we will have one for you! Again, thank you and we look forward to seeing you again soon!! Safe Travels to you and your family. Most Respectfully!