Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East
$199
Agoda.com
$119
La Quinta
All reviewsroom was cleancomplimentary breakfastminute driveconvenient locationthe breakfast areaeasy accesswafflesdefinitely stay here againgreat place to stayvery nice hotelbaptisminterstatedowntown
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Towels weren't very clean - some were stained, which, I guess, is pretty common. Otherwise our stay was okay. Breakfast is mediocre - microwaved foods and the standard waffles and defrosted muffins. Good location - close to hospital and interstates. Only restaurant close-by is Wendy's though.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Hampton Inn Walnut Grove. Get ready, Get Set... because of yours and other guest comments we are making some real positive changes to our breakfast. We are rolling it out Mid November. I think you will be pleased with the changes. I do want to acknowledge the disappointing experience with a stain on your towels in your guest room. This is NOT normal. I will certainly use your comments as a training tool for my staff. I am so sorry we failed to meet your expectations. We do appreciate your business and I do hope to see you again soon. Again, thank you!

Reviewed October 4, 2013

I loved the room and experience at the Hampton Inn in Germantown, TN. The staff was warm and welcoming. We arrived before check-in time and they had space available to secure our bags until we could check in. And they worked with the cleaning staff to make our rooms available as soon as possible.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words. We work hard to make sure we meet your every need and it is so nice to hear we met yours. We look forward to your next visit to Memphis. If I can assist you with your reservations please call on me. Again, thank you and safe travels to you and your family.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We love Hampton Inns. Bert at the front desk was super, but unfortunately he has no control over the room smell. He suggested the deodorizer may be offensive. To that one would suggest it be called an odorizor. lol. I suggest these hotels hire a nose keeper. They could be responsible to follow behind housekeeping or be on hand to prep a room before occupancy. Hotel owners can't be oblivious to that which all realtors know. The smell welcomes you in and sets the tone for your visit. Call Eco-Scent. They are smell masters and should be on speed dial of all property managers.

• Stayed: September 2013

I want to thank you for staying with us and I will certainly look into the odor you spoke of. I also want to thank you for the recognition of our front desk associate. I will pass your comments on to him. I do hope you return again so I can show your voice is heard and we act on it. Again, thank you and safe travels to you and your family.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

This stay was excellent! The staff was wonderful! We stayed in this hotel because of a wedding and the bride stayed in our room, the staff made her feel so special on her special day! Also our stay was complimentary because so many people booked at the hotel and this was incredibly generous and appreciated! I can't express how wonderful this stay was! Thank you so much for making this event so special and one to remember for a life time!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Thank you for your kind words. I am so proud of my team that we were able to make this very important day a pleasant one. I look forward to seeing you all again soon. Again, thank you and safe travels.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

When I recently stayed, got in shower, opened shampoo bottle & it was a bottle of water. The lady at desk was nice & found a bottle, but took about 30 minutes to get it. The sheets are clean but have stains. Towels r clean but smell of cigarette smoke.

• Stayed: September 2013
Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Thank you for your comments. I am so sorry about the shmapoo left in your room. I have addressed this with my team and has been resolved. I hope to see you back again so I may have tthe opportunity to prove to you your voice is heard. Again, thank you.