Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East
Ranked #48 of 138 Hotels in Memphis
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Not one was the nicest Hampton properties tat I've stayed at; however, the staff was very nice. Decent proximity to airport, yet no shuttle. Taxi service is available. I don't intend to visit this particular facility again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Thank you for your comments and for staying with us. You opionion is important to me and I assure you I listen. I do hope you will try us again in the future. Many thanks and safe travels to you.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Staff Very Nice. Fontella with housekeeping did a Fantastic Job! Room well stocked and clean. We expected more from a Hilton property...as the quest computer in the lobby ONLY worked if you turned the monitor at a 45 degree angle, shook the mouse and held a wire! The in-room phone made a LOUD buzzing noise when calling out(could'nt hear the person on the other end over the buzzing). The shower put out a stream of water like a garden hose(head would'nt adjust ~ broken). All were reported to front desk for maintenance, however these were not corrected during our stay. Breakfast items were average nothing special. We have stayed at other Hampton/Hilton properties and they were Exceptional! This area is safe,easy to find and close to hospital. We were there to visit someone in Baptist Hospital. Would have given a better rating if maintenance issues were addressed during our stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for staying with us and your comments. I do listen and act on what my guests have to say. You will be glad to know the computer, mouse, your room phone and the shower head have all bee addressed. I am just sorry we were not successful in getting them addressed prior to your stay. This is not of the norm I assure you and hope when you return to Memphis you let me prove it to you. Again, thank you for staying with us, I do hope to see you again. Safe travels.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

we live in Memphis, lost our power due to storm. stayed at this Hampton until we got power back. Very well run, comfortable accommodations, safe neighborhood, friendly and helpful staff. within 5 minutes of many nice restaurants, near interstate for easy access, yet very quiet and peaceful.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Thank you so much! I am so pleased to see a local enjoyed our hotel! You are welcome anytime! I will pass your kind words on to my team. They love hearing when they "do it right!!!". Keep us in mind if you ever loose power and need a home away from home. Thanks again!!

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I did it TONI I did It!!Hope you see it.Your a great kid.I will be back to visit this hotel again. I also tried the tea place you recommended EXCELLENT thank you.I also wanna just say how lovely this place is.Just wasn't a big fan of the breakfast selection

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Thank you for keeping your word and spreading such kind comments. We are looking into additional breakfast items so I think your next visit will prove to be even better. Thank you again for staying with us. We look forward to your next visit to Memphis!!!

Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

This is a nice Hamton Inn in a safe area. The staff was friendly, especially the lady managing the breakfast area. The facility could be cleaner. We saw a pile of towels in the hall overnight that no one made an effort to clean up among other small details.

• Stayed: August 2013
Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give your opinion about us on Trip Advisor. I was pleased to see you were satisfied with our hotel. I have addressed items being picked up in a timely matter in the halls. I am sorry that was an eye sore for you. Again, thank you and we look forward to seeing you again soon!!

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Everything was swell.I really enjoyed myself I felt warm and at home.The only complaint I have is that the staff was amazing. Lynda and Toney we're outstanding. Toney's actually the only reason I'm taking time out to complete this survey.He was genuinely persistent on making sure I completed this survey when I received it. He packs a smile that would make anyone give in. I happy I stayed here Thanks P.S. Toney needs a RAISE!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Thank you so much! Tony and Linda both are jewels and I feel so blessed and proud to have both of them on my staff. I will pass your kind words on to both of them. I only wish you could see the smile from them when I do. It will light up the whole lobby!! We appreciate your business and look so forward to seeing you again soon!! It is our pleasure serving you!

Reviewed August 2, 2013

The hotel is clean, comfortable, and quiet. The breakfast attendant is an excellent, friendly, African-American lady with an upbeat, infectious personality. But the only options (besides Wendy's) for dining at/near this hotel are those that can be delivered. Nothing else is within walking distance.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

I was pleased to see you were satisfied with the overall "hotel". Clean, comfortable and quiet are obviously important elements and you have our promise we will continue to keep it that way. I do realize the closest restaurant (short of fast food) is about 4 miles away. Not exactly walking distance but being the area we are located in is growing so fast I foresee new restaurants will be built closer to the hotel. Thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel, I hope to see you again soon. Safe travels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Memphis
Hampton Inn & Suites Memphis-Shady Grove Road
Hampton Inn Memphis-Poplar
Hampton Inn Memphis-Poplar
#20 of 138 in Memphis
Staybridge Suites Memphis - Poplar Ave East
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Memphis Germantown
Hampton Inn Memphis - Southwind
Holiday Inn Express Memphis East I-240

Been to Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East? Share your experiences!