Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East
Ranked #42 of 136 Hotels in Memphis
Prefer, United States
“Lovely Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

I did it TONI I did It!!Hope you see it.Your a great kid.I will be back to visit this hotel again. I also tried the tea place you recommended EXCELLENT thank you.I also wanna just say how lovely this place is.Just wasn't a big fan of the breakfast selection

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you for keeping your word and spreading such kind comments. We are looking into additional breakfast items so I think your next visit will prove to be even better. Thank you again for staying with us. We look forward to your next visit to Memphis!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

This is a nice Hamton Inn in a safe area. The staff was friendly, especially the lady managing the breakfast area. The facility could be cleaner. We saw a pile of towels in the hall overnight that no one made an effort to clean up among other small details.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give your opinion about us on Trip Advisor. I was pleased to see you were satisfied with our hotel. I have addressed items being picked up in a timely matter in the halls. I am sorry that was an eye sore for you. Again, thank you and we look forward to seeing you again soon!!
California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

Everything was swell.I really enjoyed myself I felt warm and at home.The only complaint I have is that the staff was amazing. Lynda and Toney we're outstanding. Toney's actually the only reason I'm taking time out to complete this survey.He was genuinely persistent on making sure I completed this survey when I received it. He packs a smile that would make anyone give in. I happy I stayed here Thanks P.S. Toney needs a RAISE!!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you so much! Tony and Linda both are jewels and I feel so blessed and proud to have both of them on my staff. I will pass your kind words on to both of them. I only wish you could see the smile from them when I do. It will light up the whole lobby!! We appreciate your business and look so forward to seeing you again soon!! It is our pleasure serving you!
Evansville, IN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

The hotel is clean, comfortable, and quiet. The breakfast attendant is an excellent, friendly, African-American lady with an upbeat, infectious personality. But the only options (besides Wendy's) for dining at/near this hotel are those that can be delivered. Nothing else is within walking distance.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
I was pleased to see you were satisfied with the overall "hotel". Clean, comfortable and quiet are obviously important elements and you have our promise we will continue to keep it that way. I do realize the closest restaurant (short of fast food) is about 4 miles away. Not exactly walking distance but being the area we are located in is growing so fast I foresee new restaurants will be built closer to the hotel. Thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel, I hope to see you again soon. Safe travels
columbia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

excellant staff great room and breakfeast was good. The stay here was a pleasant surprise compared with my stay at another hampton inn.The quality of this stay was so much better than the last hampton inn.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your kind words. It is our pleasure serving you! Safe Travels!!
Manhathan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

As I write this statement I tear up. I was so shocked with this one particular employee.Tony was his name.Let me tell you when I say this young man is a JEWEL. I was in town to visit my mom in the hospital and my son to visit his Dad for his 8th birthday but things took a left turn.As I sat in the lobby with my son as he cried for the one thing his 'FATHER' was supposed to provide which was a birthday cake. Without saying a word or even me asking an hour later Tony presents Ethan(my son) with a Ice Cream Cake from Baskin Robins chocolate(which is Ethan's favorite) and a Toys 'R' Us gift card.I think I may have scared Tony because I rushed him with a big hug and an army of tears. Ethan has been asking about Tony since we departed.This is something I will never forget.No other hotel will ever get my business as long as Tony is employed there but he's a DIAMOND and his FUTURE is so BRIGHT FROM Jackie and Ethan With love.

1 Thank Jacqueline J G
Ashley D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you so much for participating in our survey. It's happenings like these that we love to read about. Your comments about Tony's actions brought tears to my eyes as well. I am so blessed and proud to have Tony as a part of my team. He truly showed who he really is. I love the fact that I have an employee that makes every effort to make sure every guests he comes in contact with happy (no matter how young or old they are). I have passed your kind words on to Tony and I think I'll go out and buy him a "BASKIN ROBBINS CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM CAKE"!! You should have seen the smile that came across his face when he heard Ethan has been asking about him.

Please pass my belated "Happy Birthday" on to Ethan. Also, tell him Tony will be looking for him to come back soon. You never know what Tony might have up his sleeve next time. He loves surprises!
st petersburg, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

Liked the location of the hotel. Went to the Hampton near Beal St first and didn't like it as well. This location is close enough to the city and convent to eating places. Room clean, help friendly over all nice place to stay. Beds just to high.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I was pleased to see you liked the location of our hotel the people and we provided a clean and fresh room for you. I am sorry the bed was too high for you. Next time you come I could sure offer a foot stool for you to make it easier to get in the bed. We are all about "whatever it takes!!" Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit! Safe Travels!!